bloodiest day in bagdhad since 'end of aggression'

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by spillmind, Oct 27, 2003.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
  2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    You do sound like a broken record, and it comes off as if you are gloating yet again over terrible news.

Did you gloat and say "I told you so" when the terrorists crashed 2 planes into the World Trade Center and killed 3,000 citizens? Did you gloat when they crashed a plane into the Pentagon and downed a plane in Pennsylvania?

There wasn't much of a difference in these suicide attacks. This time it was volunteer organizations and Iraqi citizens. Does that somehow make the acts not worthy of condemning? Your mindset seems to be a bit warped and you've now forgotten the difference between right and wrong. Your desire to claim the USA is wrong for it's actions has blinded you to the facts of why we are there. These acts are prime examples of EXACTLY why we are there.

Although unrealistic, I respect those that are anti-war and wish for nothing more than peace. I haven't a problem with those that are dead set against any type of actions against foreign countries for humanitarian reasons.

I do have a problem with those that condemn war and gloat over the deaths of our soldiers solely because of what political administration is running the White House.

So get a clue, my liberal friend. This will not deter the USA. The campaign will continue. When the USA hands the reigns back over to the Iraqi people they will be much better off for our actions. You cannot rid them of all their evil, but they will certainly now be free to decide that for themselves. Saddam and his regime are gone and will not be coming back to power. Many lives have been lost and more will follow in order to help them attain their freedom and live peaceful lives. I salute all the soldiers and citizens alike for their bravery against these cowardly opponents.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    What a great way to celebrate the beginning of Ramadan! Sure makes we want to convert! :death:

4. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    um... i'm not gloating. and i *am* condemning this attack!!

you think i am dancing around and celebrating? get real. honestly.

it seems so profoundly amazing to me that you people STILL DON'T GET IT.

IRAQ IS NOT GOING TO HOUSE A DEMOCRATIC, WESTERN SERVING DEMOCRACY. not now, not ever.

this attempt at a surrogate israel is costly in terms of lives and in funds, and there will never be stability there! there are too many neighboring hostile countries!

until we find an energy solution, we will continue to funnel money and energy into this region. even still, the saudis have amassed so much wealth, they will still be right there.

spare me the liberal friend bullshit. this is COMMON SENSE people!!!! just look at the history!

5. metanoia2k

metanoia2k Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    jimny said:

"I respect those that are anti-war and wish for nothing more than peace..."

tsk-tsk, Jimmy...you go to hell for lying...

6. Creek

Creek Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes..the attack was terrible to say the least Spillmind...Being honest...I probly do aggree we cant have a working government as we do here in the U.S...A Democratic Government.........The thing is now what do we do?...I'm glad steps ..and progress is being made to hand control back to the Iraqi people...I do fear civil war there if the U.S backs out now...or too soon.......I'm in no way saying all is fine..and dandy...Alot of people are still dying there...U.S..and Iraqi...some small outside influnce from other countries such as Syria..and Iran will try to hamper things...Iraq wants it's country back...and we're making progress in doing so....

I'm not telling you this is gona be easy..but we gota ride this out...and I pray to God all ends well for the Iraqi people..and the U.S. to get back home also......Only time will tell...and we can't be so negative on this...Telling us it's all over for any chance of peace there..is turning your back on the Iraqi people....Only supporting the U.S..is the only chance left...Yes..it was a chance to start this war..and death...but for those who died,and will die...just saying all negative things is not helping the situation......

That's my two bits...no offence...

Creek

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Do I strike you as someone that is afraid to type exactly how I feel?

It's actually quite rare to find a "peace loving" person that isn't biased by their political loyalties. Should such a diamond in the rough be found, you'll see nothing but respect from my part.

I may not agree with them, but at least their beliefs aren't blinded.

8. Creek

Creek Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Jim says it like it is...If any of you would in a nice manner tell us how you feel...and be a little more compassionate...you wouldnt feel so threatened..and intimidated......

Jim is the most opened minded person at this board...and bends over backwards trying to express his point of view..in a mannerly fassion.........Now c'mon now people...be nice!!....or you'll deal with me....(smile).....

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let's not exaggerate to much! :D

Thanks for your kind words, Creek.

10. Creek

Creek Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    (smile)..I may sit and not post much for long periods of time...and that's gona change!!...I'm with ya buddy!!...Now lets get this army back on the road...Oh..I'm gona make some U.S. Message Board Day Care banners for fun..Have little babies on them!!!..(smile)