Blogger publishes names, address of newspaper staff after gun-permit database

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Payback's a bitch.:D

I have a new hero. YAY!

A blogger upset with a New York newspaper’s decision to publish an interactive map of local gun permit holders has returned the favor by posting the names and addresses of nearly every employee at the publication.

Blogger Christopher Fountain on For What It’s Worth published names, home address and email contact information for Journal News editor Cyndee Royle, publisher Janet Hasson and reporter Dwight Worley, who wrote an article on Sunday to accompany the map that led to widespread criticism aimed at the Lower Hudson Valley newspaper.

"Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert,” Fountain wrote. “She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids. Hello Sanctimony.”

Fountain also displayed contact information for Robert Rodriguez, the “visual editor” responsible for the map itself, as well as many other employees.

Here's something I'm sure the morons at the newspaper who published the gun permit database didn't even consider, in their zeal to target law abiding citizens who held permits.

What assholes. I hope they love having their names and addresses all over the internet.
After all what's good for the goose and all.

Fountain said he has since received emails from “abused women” who were under protective order.

“They’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,” he told CNN.

Blogger publishes names, address of newspaper staff after gun-permit database | Fox News

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Outstanding. Fighting fire with fire. Good work.

It is complete bullshit to so callously publish the names of gun owners, some of whom may be victims of domestic abuse hiding from their abusers.

It also gives every home invader a handy list of what addresses DON'T have armed homeowners.

Stupid fucks. I hope they enjoy their own names and addresses all over the internet now, pondering all those gun owners who are pissed at them.

Last edited:
Payback's a bitch.:D

I have a new hero. YAY!

A blogger upset with a New York newspaper’s decision to publish an interactive map of local gun permit holders has returned the favor by posting the names and addresses of nearly every employee at the publication.

Blogger Christopher Fountain on For What It’s Worth published names, home address and email contact information for Journal News editor Cyndee Royle, publisher Janet Hasson and reporter Dwight Worley, who wrote an article on Sunday to accompany the map that led to widespread criticism aimed at the Lower Hudson Valley newspaper.

"Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert,” Fountain wrote. “She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids. Hello Sanctimony.”

Fountain also displayed contact information for Robert Rodriguez, the “visual editor” responsible for the map itself, as well as many other employees.

Here's something I'm sure the morons at the newspaper who published the gun permit database didn't even consider, in their zeal to target law abiding citizens who held permits.

What assholes. I hope they love having their names and addresses all over the internet.
After all what's good for the goose and all.

Fountain said he has since received emails from “abused women” who were under protective order.

“They’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,” he told CNN.

Blogger publishes names, address of newspaper staff after gun-permit database | Fox News

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Turn about's fair play and karma is the cream in da coffee!

Is it legal to publish local gun owners? That seems like a serious invasion of privacy.

In NY they're considered public records. In TX CHL holders names are only released to local law enforcement. This is what you get when you require every weapon to be registered.

Well, at the end of the day, he shouldn't have done what he did... fuck him... he brought this on himself.

Cool. So used to here where everyone talks a big game. Nice to see someone actually do something for a change.

Outstanding
Bonus Points to Christopher Fountain for thinking outside the box.

Is it legal to publish local gun owners? That seems like a serious invasion of privacy.

It certainly is. Which is precisely why many people are opposed to a requirement to register their guns. Because then it becomes public information.

While I do think there's justice in publishing the names and addresses of people who had no qualms of doing it to others, I also feel no need to "let them know how I feel."

It serves as a deterrent for the next jackass who thinks about doing something this stupid.

The invasion of privacy is requiring gun owners to register their firearms in the first place. Nothing else you can legally buy requires you to register its mere possession, including Schedule 1 prescription drugs. Maybe you should rethink your gun control position if you actually care about privacy.

Outstanding. Fighting fire with fire. Good work.

It is complete bullshit to so callously publish the names of gun owners, some of whom may be victims of domestic abuse hiding from their abusers.

It also gives every home invader a handy list of what addresses DON'T have armed homeowners.

Stupid fucks. I hope they enjoy their own names and addresses all over the internet now, pondering all those gun owners who are pissed at them.

Good post, and the list also gives the bad guys that want a gun a list of houses that have one. All they have to do is case the house and see when no one is home and break in and find it.

Forum List

Back