Blame COVID-19? NOT! Boy Scounts Can't Put Flags On Vet Graves For Memorial Day

The scouts come on buses and the graves are close together. It would be a huge group congregation. The Republic will survive.
what if they drive themselves?
carpool to 6 or less to a vehicle?

there are compromises and the more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future.

on this one thing sure. the republic will survive. however this is one of many things they are doing. PA is about to drag their gov into the streets and revolt.

people have had enough.
Did you notice the article was about NY and NJ? The hotspots of the nation?

"The more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future."
These are temporary restrictions due to an unprecedented public health threat. NY and NJ are no place to be fooling around right now. Don't let Easy emotionally manipulate you with the flag waving thing. No one has lost any respect for our veterans. My God, they are still putting flags on the graves of vets from the Civil War here.

It will be okay.
Not if we keep telling people "no" to such things.

to me anyway
So in NY and NJ which has half the deaths in the nation, they say, you want them to say yes, bring on the scouts, along with their troop leaders and their drivers and the moms with the sandwiches and bottled water... and all the other organizations that descend en masse to place flags on veterans' graves. Replacing last year's little flags on May 25 is absolutely necessary if we are to maintain our respect for .... what.....the Flag?

Sorry, Ice, there is plenty to be sorry we have to miss this year, and this is just one more. Yes, it's sad. So are a lot of other things. It is not a threat to anything, but breaking the social distancing restrictions would.
i've not seen a hospital report in at max capacity yet.
i've not seen a picture of an *american* hospital that was slammed to the gills.

i'm not the only one seeing this also.

not really a point of argument for me, just how i feel. i respect your viewpoints, these are mine.

You want to keep going until every hospital is at capacity? Are you insane?

I guess you haven’t seen the NewYork hospitals. They don’t show them on FOX. The doctors and nurses looking exhausted and half dead. Feeling like they’re not doing enough.

The scouts come on buses and the graves are close together. It would be a huge group congregation. The Republic will survive.
Or, they could take mitigation steps and continue to uphold their traditions.

The government is way overstepping themselves all over the place here in ways that do noting for public health at all. It is rather sick.
It's sad, but so are a lot of things that have been cancelled, like the county fair and the high school's graduation. Do you know how big that cemetery is, how many scouts attend? How do you socially distance them? It's not worth the logistical nightmare. Because the activity involves flags does not make it sacrosanct. The dead vets will understand. Hopefully a little later in the summer, the flags can be replaced. They do get kinda faded.
By having them more than 6 feet apart. It is not a complected thing to do. Getting them their is even easier - just have the parents drive the ones that can. There is no doubt that the attendance would be much smaller or the even may even take several days. There is also zero reason to think that you cannot accomplish it while social distancing. Sacrosanct has squat to do with it - tyrannical control over people for no reason whatsoever does.

You do not generate effective lock downs in the US by stamping out everything - we are not a people that will abide by that for the long term. We do not have a government that wields that kind of power nor should we. The more of this bullshit you see, the more we see cops breaking up DRIVE IN religious services and the more we see people getting attacked for activities that are CLEARLY safe the less the American people will sit by and actually abide by those rules. You have to make lock downs make sense to the man on the street. Crap like this does the opposite.

This would be a much more powerful story for doing the right thing had they worked out measures for the scouts to accomplish this under good and effective guidelines. Instead it promotes the opposite.

there are compromises and the more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future.

on this one thing sure. the republic will survive. however this is one of many things they are doing. PA is about to drag their gov into the streets and revolt.

people have had enough.
Bingo.

people have had enough.
Did you notice the article was about NY and NJ? The hotspots of the nation?

"The more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future."
These are temporary restrictions due to an unprecedented public health threat. NY and NJ are no place to be fooling around right now. Don't let Easy emotionally manipulate you with the flag waving thing. No one has lost any respect for our veterans. My God, they are still putting flags on the graves of vets from the Civil War here.

It will be okay.
Not if we keep telling people "no" to such things.

to me anyway
So in NY and NJ which has half the deaths in the nation, they say, you want them to say yes, bring on the scouts, along with their troop leaders and their drivers and the moms with the sandwiches and bottled water... and all the other organizations that descend en masse to place flags on veterans' graves. Replacing last year's little flags on May 25 is absolutely necessary if we are to maintain our respect for .... what.....the Flag?

Sorry, Ice, there is plenty to be sorry we have to miss this year, and this is just one more. Yes, it's sad. So are a lot of other things. It is not a threat to anything, but breaking the social distancing restrictions would.
i've not seen a hospital report in at max capacity yet.
i've not seen a picture of an *american* hospital that was slammed to the gills.

i'm not the only one seeing this also.

not really a point of argument for me, just how i feel. i respect your viewpoints, these are mine.

You want to keep going until every hospital is at capacity? Are you insane?

I guess you haven’t seen the NewYork hospitals. They don’t show them on FOX. The doctors and nurses looking exhausted and half dead. Feeling like they’re not doing enough.
1589572155773.jpeg

Forum List

Back