Blame COVID-19? NOT! Boy Scounts Can't Put Flags On Vet Graves For Memorial Day

Boy Scouts can’t put American flags on veterans' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day
BANNER BAN
Boy Scouts can’t put American flags on veterans' graves for Memorial Day

:bsflag:

Can you spot the violation of Social Distancing Policies in this photo?

An Old Guard takes part in Flags-In, an annual event where a small American flag is placed in front of more than 240,000 headstones of U.S. service members buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, U.S., May 23, 2019. (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

"If we can't figure out a way to make sure we are placing flags at their graves to honor them, then something is seriously wrong"

Of all of the dumb made up bullshit there is, this tops the list. You wouldn't endanger lives for what? To honor those who died so Americans can be free? That is the dumbest excuse for exposing people to a pandemic ever.

Anything to ensure the most people possible die from this thing, eh, Evgeny? Kill as many as possible seems to be your aim.
Well, you know. They are part of this crowd:
1589402269277.png

Of all of the dumb made up bullshit there is, this tops the list. You wouldn't endanger lives for what? To honor those who died so Americans can be free? That is the dumbest excuse for exposing people to a pandemic ever.

Anything to ensure the most people possible die from this thing, eh, Evgeny? Kill as many as possible seems to be your aim.

Tell me Beau Cave, you TDS-suffering Obama keener,

An Old Guard takes part in Flags-In, an annual event where a small American flag is placed in front of more than 240,000 headstones of U.S. service members buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, U.S., May 23, 2019. (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

So you are telling me, as this photo demonstrates, American-hating snowflakes can NOT find a way to remain 6 feet apart and still manage to place American Flags on th graves of vets?

Perhaps Democrats and Canucks are just too stupid to figure out how to do it.....

Hey fuckface, if you would have read the article you linked to, you would realize that the Democrats had no part in this.

This tradition was correctly canceled by Robert Wilkie, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, who was selected for this position by your messiah trump, and then sworn in by pence on 7/30/18.

Last edited:
Dunno. We're too deep in for lobster shacks here. People just go down and buy them from the coop, straight off the boat. Price is real low right now--no market for them, they say.

Our ice cream stands usually open Memorial Day. We'll see if they make it.

I hear that. I lobstered years, once in 96 went down to $2.65 a pound. I sold them off the boat or ate them!

The scouts come on buses and the graves are close together. It would be a huge group congregation. The Republic will survive.
what if they drive themselves?
carpool to 6 or less to a vehicle?

there are compromises and the more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future.

on this one thing sure. the republic will survive. however this is one of many things they are doing. PA is about to drag their gov into the streets and revolt.

people have had enough.

Dunno. We're too deep in for lobster shacks here. People just go down and buy them from the coop, straight off the boat. Price is real low right now--no market for them, they say.

Our ice cream stands usually open Memorial Day. We'll see if they make it.

I hear that. I lobstered years, once in 96 went down to $2.65 a pound. I sold them off the boat or ate them!
$2.60 at the boat right now. That's what a lot of fishermen are doing--selling them off their truck.

The scouts come on buses and the graves are close together. It would be a huge group congregation. The Republic will survive.
Gotta keep the scam alive!
What scam is that asshole, the one that's killed over 80,000 people so far?
Piss off fuckface.
What's the matter, can't you answer the question?
Guess what, asshole, children are the least vulnerable to the virus....And your 80,000 number is most certainly fake.

Now go suck a bag of dicks, shithead.

Gotta keep the scam alive!
What scam is that asshole, the one that's killed over 80,000 people so far?
Piss off fuckface.
What's the matter, can't you answer the question?
Guess what, asshole, children are the least vulnerable to the virus....And your 80,000 number is most certainly fake.

Now go suck a bag of dicks, shithead.
You got nothing. You're just an anonymous partisan hack pussy.

there are compromises and the more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future.

on this one thing sure. the republic will survive. however this is one of many things they are doing. PA is about to drag their gov into the streets and revolt.

people have had enough.
Did you notice the article was about NY and NJ? The hotspots of the nation?

"The more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future."
These are temporary restrictions due to an unprecedented public health threat. NY and NJ are no place to be fooling around right now. Don't let Easy emotionally manipulate you with the flag waving thing. No one has lost any respect for our veterans. My God, they are still putting flags on the graves of vets from the Civil War here.

It will be okay.

people have had enough.

"The more base freedoms and ability to express respect for our past you take away, the more you limit your own future."
These are temporary restrictions due to an unprecedented public health threat. NY and NJ are no place to be fooling around right now. Don't let Easy emotionally manipulate you with the flag waving thing. No one has lost any respect for our veterans. My God, they are still putting flags on the graves of vets from the Civil War here.

It will be okay.
There are nothing more permanent than "temporary" gubmint restrictions.....The "public health threat" has been grossly overstated.

You can stop being a gullible sap any time now.

people have had enough.

It will be okay.
Not if we keep telling people "no" to such things.

to me anyway

Boy Scouts can’t put American flags on veterans' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day' graves for Memorial Day
BANNER BAN
Boy Scouts can’t put American flags on veterans' graves for Memorial Day

:bsflag:

"If we can't figure out a way to make sure we are placing flags at their graves to honor them, then something is seriously wrong"

All of their new decrees are illegal. As long as the suppressed continue to take it in the face the tyrannical governors will keep smashing that boot further into the neck.

What do the Governors have to do with this?

So you are telling me, as this photo demonstrates, American-hating snowflakes can NOT find a way to remain 6 feet apart and still manage to place American Flags on th graves of vets?

Perhaps Democrats and Canucks are just too stupid to figure out how to do it.....

Republican's run the nation.

I have been at a military base on memorial day and this picture does not represent it, many people and many scouts.

Or, they could take mitigation steps and continue to uphold their traditions.

The government is way overstepping themselves all over the place here in ways that do noting for public health at all. It is rather sick.

Mitigation steps???? What is it about this tradition that demands it be performed regardless of the risks to those participating?

This isn’t life as usual risks be damned. This is reducing non essential contact to a minimum to reduce the spread. How long do you want this to continue?

My birthday is next week. I share it with my SIL. The May 24th weekend is both our birthdays and the big summer kickoff. We generally have a big party at their camp at the lake. Friends, family, neighbours, both from home, and the camp.

This year, the campgrounds are closed. i have never celebrated my birthday with fireworks before. Yes, we will have a BBQ at their home - just the 5 of us. We’ll share a beer with neighbours on the other side of the fence. All while social distancing.

Normally we would go to a big park and enjoy fireworks with family, friends and neighbours.

Driving in buses out there. Multiple people handling the flags. To what end? We're supposed to be avoiding unnecessary activities. On November 11th, we all have 2 minutes silence to remember the dead. We also have ceremonies at cennetaphs as well, but regardless of whether you attend or not, at 11:00 a.m., the nation stops and reflects. If what you wish to do is to honor the dead, this would be a more inclusive and sensible way to do it.

This is a cultural shift. It's not about pretending the virus doesn't exist and going about our normal behaviours. It's about not doing unnecessary or foolish things to increase the level of illness and death. This tradition serves no necessary purpose, and will only lead to more illness and death.

Go find something else to try to whip up outrage for Evgeny.

Oh, for God's sake, people, grow-the-phukk up...

The lives of children are
far more important than rendering honors to those already at-rest...

The Honored Dead would tell you the same thing, if they could still speak.

Oh, for God's sake, people, grow-the-phukk up...

The lives of children are
far more important than rendering honors to those already at-rest...

The Honored Dead would tell you the same thing, if they could still speak.
Some people just aren't happy unless they're bitching and moaning.

people have had enough.

It will be okay.

to me anyway
So in NY and NJ which has half the deaths in the nation, they say, you want them to say yes, bring on the scouts, along with their troop leaders and their drivers and the moms with the sandwiches and bottled water... and all the other organizations that descend en masse to place flags on veterans' graves. Replacing last year's little flags on May 25 is absolutely necessary if we are to maintain our respect for .... what.....the Flag?

Sorry, Ice, there is plenty to be sorry we have to miss this year, and this is just one more. Yes, it's sad. So are a lot of other things. It is not a threat to anything, but breaking the social distancing restrictions would.

people have had enough.

It will be okay.

to me anyway
So in NY and NJ which has half the deaths in the nation, they say, you want them to say yes, bring on the scouts, along with their troop leaders and their drivers and the moms with the sandwiches and bottled water... and all the other organizations that descend en masse to place flags on veterans' graves. Replacing last year's little flags on May 25 is absolutely necessary if we are to maintain our respect for .... what.....the Flag?

Sorry, Ice, there is plenty to be sorry we have to miss this year, and this is just one more. Yes, it's sad. So are a lot of other things. It is not a threat to anything, but breaking the social distancing restrictions would.
i've not seen a hospital report in at max capacity yet.
i've not seen a picture of an *american* hospital that was slammed to the gills.

i'm not the only one seeing this also.

not really a point of argument for me, just how i feel. i respect your viewpoints, these are mine.

Forum List

Back