Blair: 'Downing Street memos' paint false picture

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by freeandfun1, Jun 29, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Blair: 'Downing Street memos' paint false picture

2. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Of course the decision had already been decided. That's why it didn't matter that the UN voted not to support the war. Bush was going anyway. No matter how the UN voted or what pre-war weapons inspectors found or didn't find. I don't even need the memo to tell me this, it's obvious from the course of events.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You have something besides conjecture to support your assertion? I think evidence in this case would be a statement from Bush that he pre-planned to invade Iraq regardless circumstances would suffice.

Otherwise, you are stating as fact something you just want to believe as it suits your political agenda.

4. the Ghoat

the Ghoat Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well GUNNY, the sergeant stripes you use to show off, certainly represent your viewpoint. But ignorance aside, you need to look at all the evidence that has been accumulating, not just the Downing Street memo, which is evidence enough in itself to impeach Bush out of the office he was never elected to. For instance how about Joe Wilson, just another sore loser?....I don't think so! And Richard Clark, who tried desperately to warn the Administration through Ms Condi about the impending threat from Al Queada. And guess what? .......9-11-01!!! Just another sore loser eh. And the other smoking gun.....the Presidential Daily Briefing Memo dated August 6, 2001. That specifically stated that Al Queada was planning to attack the USA using commercial aircraft. I guess 9-11 must have just been a coincidence right? You could almost be convinced that they actually wanted this to happen, just so they could use it as an excuse to attack Iraq, which had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11. And Iraq wasn't a threat to anybody. Oh and how about you go read some older history about the Carlyle Group. Maybe then and you will have a better understanding of what has been happening outside your sheep herd.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Wow, welcome with that great first post. I've never rep'd anyone prior to posting a welcome, but thanks for a first!

I would suggest you watch the name calling, i.e., 'sheep herd' before getting a bit acquainted around here.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Well, well ....what do we have here? A dyed-in-the wool, flaming idiot who starts out insulting something he could never hope to attain. Try to not be too jealous, jackass. I'm sure you have some DNC or Clinton bumper sticker indicative of your self-inflicted stupidity.

The Downing Street Memo has not beeen corroborated by anyone but drooling, presumptuous left-wingnuts. Hardly acceptable as fact.

Bush won both elections and your saying otherwise is a lie. Simple as that.

Your comments on 9/11 are the comments of a moron. Obviously you have no clue where our intelligence community is concerned, and accusing the administration/Bush of being in colusion is just left-wing hatred and ranting.

Please feel free to go screw yourself, jackass.

7. the Ghoat

the Ghoat Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Gunny, tell me when and how you actually did attain those stripes. Then come back and I'll tell you about my REAL (not imagined) experience in the service as Vietnam Veteran. Another words Grunt...don't even go there...I'll eat you for breakfast!
    And someone sent ME a message warning that my language could be interpreted as a little strong.
    However putiing your ignorance aside once again! The tack of your message is sooo..........Ditto Head! meaning that you attack with irrational insults and rhetoric as a deliberate diversion and distraction to avoid the specific and clear information that I posted. (Pure Bushthink!). And you do this simply because you have absolutely no idea about what I was talking about. I'll bet you don't even know who I was talking about. If you're such the smart BIG and BRAVE sergeant then specifically discount each any every point in my post. I dare you!

8. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Holy Shit...it's John Kerry! :bow3:

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Boy are you in for a rude awakening..

I wonder if I could sell tickets to this one...

10. the Ghoat

the Ghoat Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't have the time to waste waiting for just another sheep in Rush Limbaugh's herd to Bleet out another nasty response, I'll be back another time. Sorry Gunny, you'll just have to write faster next time.....bye!