Blackwater’s New Ethics Chief: John Ashcroft

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
Blackwater’s New Ethics Chief: John Ashcroft | Danger Room | Wired.com

The consortium in charge of restructuring the world’s most infamous private-security firm just added a new chief in charge of keeping the company on the straight and narrow. Yes, John Ashcroft, the former U.S. attorney general, is now an “independent director” of Xe Services, formerly known as Blackwater.

Ashcroft will head Xe’s new “subcommittee on governance,” its backers announced early Wednesday in a statement. The subcommittee is designed to “maximize governance, compliance and accountability” and “promote the highest degrees of ethics and professionalism within the private-security industry.”

:lol:

This f'ed up human drama never ceases to surprise me. At least he didn't continue his singing career.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y]YouTube - John Ashcroft[/ame]

38F62171727E36C9.gif

Whats the point of even having this position?

Blackwater is just a bunch of goons who like to kill brown people (including unarmed women and children)

I've had the pleasure of spending time with some of Blackwater/Xe's shooters over the years. Some of the best guys to shoot and party with. Some of even fewer that I'd want at my back in a fight.

My God! How can anyone hire as guy who supports the Patriot Act? :eek:

Very simply. There are some of us who understand that we need people who are willing to do whatever is necessary to accomplish a goal. As the first Commanding Officer of SEAL Team Six (Lt. Cmdr. Richard Marcinko - USN Ret) was fond of saying.... "Verily thou art paid for thine RESULTS, not thine METHODS. Therefore destroy your enemy by any means necessary before he destroys you." The Marquis de Queensbury's rules do not apply to the sort of work that Xe/Blackwater does. Never have and never will. They're paying for exactly what they need.... someone with the political clout and pull to be able to sweep whatever they need to do under the rug when necessary.

Forum List

Back