Blacks, You must Leave the Democratic Party Because they Play You!

By party and region[edit]​

The House of Representatives:[3][34]

Note that four Representatives voted Present while 13 did not vote.

The Senate:[34]

Note that in the House....9% of Southern Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act while 0% of Southern Republicans did.

Note that in the House...95% of Northern Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act while 85% of Northern Republicans did.

Note that in the Senate...5% of Southern Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act while 0% of Southern Republicans did.

Note that in the Senate...98% of Northern Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act while 85% of Northern Republicans did.
The votes are a matter of public record. Republicans are being dishonest about this. And in the latest iteration of voting rights legislation, Senate Republicans filibustered the John Lewis Act.

The votes are a matter of public record. Republicans are being dishonest about this. And in the latest iteration of voting rights legislation, Senate Republicans filibustered the John Lewis Act.
the John Lewis Act wasn’t about voting rights…it was the dems in Washington attempt to make their old jim crow laws national and oppress voting and speech

Poor whites are in the same boat as poor blacks, Democrats feed off both like parasites. I encourage all poor people to abandon Democrats, flee their Dem plantations as fast as your feet can take you. If you think Democrats are going to save you from poverty you are sadly mistaken. They will enslave you to it. You are the Democrats meal ticket.

Signed, former dirt poor white person living in the same section 8 housing eating the same government cheese and scraping by on the same government crumb handouts.

What party was George Wallace in? What party was Ralph Byrd in? Did you like what LBJ said about the Black vote? What party was he in?

Westvall,

Tell me the name of the black republican president.

Oh, you can't.

Tell me the name of the black republican vice president.

Oh, you can't

We've done better as democrats.

Sure, they give you free stuff.

West is being played by Republicans. We vote democrat because of policies...
I think the Democrats and Republicans play everyone they can, I don't like either party. They are both in the pockets of the corporations. We have all been played for decades.

Poor whites are in the same boat as poor blacks, Democrats feed off both like parasites. I encourage all poor people to abandon Democrats, flee their Dem plantations as fast as your feet can take you. If you think Democrats are going to save you from poverty you are sadly mistaken. They will enslave you to it. You are the Democrats meal ticket.

Signed, former dirt poor white person living in the same section 8 housing eating the same government cheese and scraping by on the same government crumb handouts.

Well that would be very stupid of them for a number of reasons. Before Reagan was elected, you had a 20% chanced of being born poor and working your way out of poverty. Today you have a 2% chance because Republicans have cut the War on Poverty which lifted 30% of the poor people of America out of the poverty in the 70's and 80's.

Reagan promised all the workers a big raise when the got rid of the unions. It's been 30 years and the workers are just now getting that big raise.

Alan West is a member of the Texas Republican party. The Texas Republican party platform calls for the repeal of the 1965 Voting Rights Act. Yet when someone black here says that Republicans want to take us back to Jim Crow, the right wingers start talking crazy.

View attachment 660007

The Republican party of today continues the fine legacy of lying to blacks that started in 1877.
Sent any money to Trump lately?

I think the Democrats and Republicans play everyone they can, I don't like either party. They are both in the pockets of the corporations. We have all been played for decades.

But you never call them on their lies, nor do you demand better. You're the voters, and you let them herd you like cattle.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
the John Lewis Act wasn’t about voting rights…it was the dems in Washington attempt to make their old jim crow laws national and oppress voting and speech

Can you quote the specific parts of the Act which would have reinstated Jim Crow or oppressed free speech?

As always, lil im.2’s assertion is misleading and essentially false.

First off, this is no longer 2012. The Texas GOP did object to the provisions of the voting rights act which required mommy federal government to give approval to a state’s (or a locality’s) voting laws and regulations where they sought to change it.

However, it became moot in 2013 when SCOTUS invalidated many of the provisions of the voting rights act anyway.

Back to 2012. What the Texas GOP platform did say (2014) was: "We urge that the Voter Rights Act of 1965, codified and updated in 1973, be repealed and not reauthorized." That provision appears, though, after another entry: "We support equal suffrage for all United States citizens of voting age who are not felons." — see: PolitiFact - Wendy Davis says Republican Party of Texas platform calls for repeal of Voting Rights Act

It comes as no surprise that lil im.2 omitted that part.

And you really believe that. That bill was nothing of the sort.

all of it. It’s an attempt by the dems in washington to federalize state elections
There was no such provision. It was made to stop states from re-enacting Jim Crow which is what republican states are trying to do now.

Forum List

Back