Blacks in Chicago Demonstrate How The Second Amendment Works

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I was watching in-depth coverage of Carnage in Chi-Town - 2016 on The BBC, and a textbook example of a 'brother from the hood' was being interviewed in his car, driving home from his day in the world with a 1911 pistol in his lap.

I usually carry mine in a holster, but it was an experience that I could relate to.

They said he was a veteran who served in Iraq, and he was droning on and on about how he needed to have that gun between his legs to protect himself, his family and his stuff. He told stories of close calls, friends and family lost to gun violence, and feeling abandoned by 'the system'. When I closed my eyes and ignored the obvious black-man-from-Chicago accent, I could swear I was listening to some right-wing nut-job about to school the board on The Second Amendment.

Life and death on the lost streets of Chicago - BBC News

All of the well armed interviewees had a common, familiar sounding thread of fear. They see themselves carrying AND USING their weapons in self defense. I see the same ideology and fear in every Guns -n- Ammo type magazine that I read.

:eusa_eh: Huh.
:eusa_think: Something about 'seeking common ground....'​

Another part of the story included an interview with a guy who said "I've never seen so many guns. It was like som'body dropped off crates of guns in the hood. They're everywhere..."

The video is definitely chock-full of well armed Americans who appear to be using the weapons that they possess.

I started thinking early on that the inventory of weapons and their collective value was at odds with the stories of the poverty and lack of opportunity that was leading to the violence in the first place.

Obviously, the carnage needs to stop.

What's the answer? :dunno:

That's a tricky one.... If a government in America ever takes guns away from Americans, it will begin in the black neighborhoods the city of Chicago. I think we can anticipate a LOT of opposition, even coming from people who can't place Chicago on a map, to a government collecting guns from Americans who've broken no laws.

:eusa_think:

Rapper Bo Deal from Chicago's west side said:
"I've never seen so many guns. It was like som'body dropped crates of guns in the hood. They're everywhere..."

Chicago killings: 'It's like crates of guns got dropped off' - BBC News

Is the prevalence of cheap hardware in Chicago an experiment being conducted by the gun industry? :eusa_eh:

Maybe the anti-gun movement is willing to sacrifice the west side of Chicago to prove a point. :dunno:

Maybe it's the KKK, sacrificing some inventory for the cause.... :(

The answer is for the blacks in Chicago to realize that competing with each other and killing each other over what little there is in their city is not the answer, and that educating their spawn and investing in their common infrastructure is. How you get there is the question.

`

This has been going on for decades. I doubt anything will change any time soon. Blacks are not demanding of their politicians and police departments, that the carnage be stopped.

I was watching in-depth coverage of Carnage in Chi-Town - 2016 on The BBC, and a textbook example of a 'brother from the hood' was being interviewed in his car, driving home from his day in the world with a 1911 pistol in his lap.

I usually carry mine in a holster, but it was an experience that I could relate to.

They said he was a veteran who served in Iraq, and he was droning on and on about how he needed to have that gun between his legs to protect himself, his family and his stuff. He told stories of close calls, friends and family lost to gun violence, and feeling abandoned by 'the system'. When I closed my eyes and ignored the obvious black-man-from-Chicago accent, I could swear I was listening to some right-wing nut-job about to school the board on The Second Amendment.

Life and death on the lost streets of Chicago - BBC News

All of the well armed interviewees had a common, familiar sounding thread of fear. They see themselves carrying AND USING their weapons in self defense. I see the same ideology and fear in every Guns -n- Ammo type magazine that I read.

:eusa_eh: Huh.
:eusa_think: Something about 'seeking common ground....'​

Nice use of buzz words like "fear", but the point is that they use it for self protection. You don't think that blacks in Chicago need self protection? Your lame attempt to paint the 2nd Amendment advocates in a bad light fails as it always will since you have to use lies and strawman arguments that are easily debunked.

O.k. then PredFan .....

Name them and debunk them.

:popcorn:

The point of public conversation on a message board is that I say something, and then, you say something related, counter what I said with your own opinion on the subject at hand, or call me the equivalent of a 'poopy-head' 'cause you have nothing beyond the latest talking points on FOX.

Go ahead, point out my 'lies' and debunk them.

But remember, my opinion is not a lie simply because we disagree... unless you're going to debunk the fact of the story by pointing out that it's a hoax and linking to your source, all we have is two writers laying their opinion out on the 'net for all the world to judge.

And whatever in the fuck gave you the impression that I don't think that black Americans living in Chicago should have the right to defend themselves with firearms? This whole thread is on their current employment of The Second Amendment in their daily lives far deeper than the white community in America is right now, and I applaud that.

My opinion is that there has GOT to be a better way for them to spend their limited resources than on guns and bullets and still feel safe, and I opened this thread up to discuss options that don't involve law enforcement doing a blanket round-up of hardware in a given neighborhood.

O.k. then PredFan .....

Name them and debunk them.

:popcorn:

The point of public conversation on a message board is that I say something, and then, you say something related, counter what I said with your own opinion on the subject at hand, or call me the equivalent of a 'poopy-head' 'cause you have nothing beyond the latest talking points on FOX.

Go ahead, point out my 'lies' and debunk them.

But remember, my opinion is not a lie simply because we disagree... unless you're going to debunk the fact of the story by pointing out that it's a hoax and linking to your source, all we have is two writers laying their opinion out on the 'net for all the world to judge.

And whatever in the fuck gave you the impression that I don't think that black Americans living in Chicago should have the right to defend themselves with firearms. This whole thread is on their current employment of The Second Amendment in their daily lives far deeper than the white community in America is right now, and I applaud that.

My opinion is that there has GOT to be a better way for them to spend their limited resources than on guns and bullets and still feel safe, and I opened this thread up to discuss options that don't involve law enforcement doing a blanket round-up of hardware in a given neighborhood.

Already did it. Did you read the post you responded to?

I must have missed it.

All I see in your post is a personal attack using talking points against the left in general aimed specifically at me. In effect, a "your a Lame Mr. Poopy-Head!" response.

So you think that I'm lying... School me.

Was I lying when I said that I usually carry in a holster as opposed to my lap, or when I said that I saw a news story on BBC? How can you possibly know?

The one thing you actually addressed in context was based on the fucked up conclusion that you jumped to that I was saying that blacks in Chicago didn't have the right to defend themselves with firearms, which I called you on and you've ignored.

Just 'cause you disagree with someone does not make them a liar. That's as childish as responding with a Mr. Poopy-Head post containing just enough content to be legal.

Do you have an opinion on the violence in Chicago, or are you only interested in posting your opinion of me? I'm easy either way... my thread gets a bump and I get to hear the sound of my own voice.

Are you a gun owner? Are you concerned at all that some level of government might see a need to disarm some otherwise law abiding Americans? Are you concerned at all that the carnage may spill out of the black communities? Have you ever been curious as to why so many Americans are fully exercising their Second Amendment rights this summer and shooting each other? Aren't you just a little curious as to how "crates of cheap guns are appearing in the hood"?

Forum List

Back