Black University Band To March At Inaugural

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
The president of a historically black college in Alabama is standing firm on his decision to allow his school's marching band to attend the Inauguration Day festivities for President-elect Donald Trump after receiving an invitation.

Dr. Billy C. Hawkins said the chance for Talladega College's "Marching Tornadoes" to take part in the inaugural parade is a "great opportunity for students", and was overjoyed after an appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" caused a major spike in his band's fundraising.

Hawkins previously discussed the band's invitation with Bill O'Reilly last week, and told Arthel Neville on Sunday that an additional $300,000 has since come in to help the band make the trip north to the nation's capital.

Note: The original amount needed was $75,000. As of Monday evening, over $500,000 has been raised. The excess will be used for "infrastructure" and additional band scholarships. Well done, deplorables!!!

Had the band not gone, liberals would be complaining about the under representation of blacks in the parade. Actually, they may do so anyway.

It's more special cause they're black...
Many liberals, especially black liberals, are trying to brand Trump as a racist. Funny he wasn't a "racist" until he ran for president.
True, Trump can be a thin skinned arrogant asshole who goes on the attack as the slightest of criticism, but he is equal opportunity with his attacks--counter punches.

Many liberals, especially black liberals, are trying to brand Trump as a racist. Funny he wasn't a "racist" until he ran for president.
True, Trump can be a thin skinned arrogant asshole who goes on the attack as the slightest of criticism, but he is equal opportunity with his attacks--counter punches.
I don't believe in categorizing people as a color...As far as Trump is concerned I do believe he is a man that uses whomever he can to get done what he has on his agenda..His counter punches are reserved for anyone that doesn't approve of his methods,of which he needs to learn to let the shit roll off him and be the better man and watch what he says...

Had the band not gone, liberals would be complaining about the under representation of blacks in the parade. Actually, they may do so anyway.
Nah. There's no reason to expect more than a handful of black people would be involved in a parade celebrating white people's victory over black people.

"White people's victory over black people", really?

I don't believe in categorizing people as a color...As far as Trump is concerned I do believe he is a man that uses whomever he can to get done what he has on his agenda..His counter punches are reserved for anyone that doesn't approve of his methods,of which he needs to learn to let the shit roll off him and be the better man and watch what he says...
I agree; however, if he had taken that advice, he likely would not be president-elect.

I agree; however, if he had taken that advice, he likely would not be president-elect.
That is debatable...I know that the decision to vote for Trump was easy since Hillary was running...She defeated herself...

Nah. There's no reason to expect more than a handful of black people would be involved in a parade celebrating white people's victory over black people.

Yes. What's your issue?

Yes. What's your issue?

The white race card is what got Trump elected. Any other point you want to try to make?

That is debatable...I know that the decision to vote for Trump was easy since Hillary was running...She defeated herself...
True, but he also had to beat 16 republicans in the primaries.

Those guys were a desperate crowd..

Those guys were a desperate crowd..
And he was easily able to out-racist them. Since they all still had at least a small shred of decency in them. So his primary win was inevitable.

Yes. What's your issue?

The white race card is what got Trump elected. Any other point you want to try to make?

Just keep on posting! You may help Trump win in 2020.

Yes. What's your issue?

Just keep on posting! You may help Trump win in 2020.

If my posting means that there will be an election in 2020 then I'll proudly keep it up. But under a Trump Presidency, I don't have much hope for it.

Actually, the band was being threatened by the liberals. Some were threatening to pull their support ....

Nope --- I hope he continues to tell you just exactly how it is. I support his Twitter account.

Forum List

Back