Black Panther

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Was it Hollywood giving the middle finger to white America?
Was it an all black cast ment to send some kind of message to whites?

Check out this review that reads between the lines.

• Banned

an all black cast?....you do realize that Wakanda is an African Country....and there were whites in there...

I have not seen the movie so no, I don't realize anything. I was commenting on her take on the movie not my perception of it.

Hmm, not what I expected the thread to be..

Say, has Disney sued Marvel yet?

Black Panther == Lion King
the other way around....the panther has got about 30 years on the lion...

Not the story in the movie - that was a direct rip off of the Disney flick.

EDIT: Marvel is owned by Disney, no suit will be filed....

The right wing obsession with race continues I see. Obama really warped you guys.
OMG...I don't think I can remember Obama speaking anywhere on anything where he didn't link it to race....the left are the first people in a room to notice skin color and to take count....you are all sick people...very sick....

A movie set mostly in Africa has a mostly black cast? What the...?!!!!!!! How could they make such a movie without Tim Robbins and Sean Penn in blackface?

The right wing obsession with race continues I see. Obama really warped you guys.
OMG...I don't think I can remember Obama speaking anywhere on anything where he didn't link it to race....the left are the first people in a room to notice skin color and to take count....you are all sick people...very sick....

OMG…just look at the message board and who is starting threads that mention race.

an all black cast?....you do realize that Wakanda is an African Country....and there were whites in there...

I have not seen the movie so no, I don't realize anything. I was commenting on her take on the movie not my perception of it.

It's a bit odd to comment on someone's interpretation of a movie you haven't seen.

I wonder if this video is a bit tongue-in-cheek, as her descriptions and comparisons are sometimes pretty silly. Of course, I've actually seen the movie. ;)

It's a bit odd to comment on someone's interpretation of a movie you haven't seen.

I wonder if this video is a bit tongue-in-cheek, as her descriptions and comparisons are sometimes pretty silly. Of course, I've actually seen the movie. ;)

I didnt comment on the movie. I posted her thoughts and asked a rhetorical question based on HER THOUGHTS.

I didnt comment on the movie. I posted her thoughts and asked a rhetorical question based on HER THOUGHTS.

How can you understand where her thoughts are coming from, and determine whether they are or are not accurate, if you have not seen the movie? Perhaps she was being sarcastic, or she might be so wrong in her interpretation that she loses credibility, etc. For that matter, how do you know she was "reading between the lines" if you haven't seen the movie?

You also asked your own questions about the movie. Having not seen it, why would you ask if it was Hollywood giving the finger to white America, or meant to send a message to whites? Is that what you think the woman in the video was saying? That's an odd interpretation of comments which are an odd interpretation of the movie.

How can you understand where her thoughts are coming from, and determine whether they are or are not accurate, if you have not seen the movie? Perhaps she was being sarcastic, or she might be so wrong in her interpretation that she loses credibility, etc. For that matter, how do you know she was "reading between the lines" if you haven't seen the movie?

You also asked your own questions about the movie. Having not seen it, why would you ask if it was Hollywood giving the finger to white America, or meant to send a message to whites? Is that what you think the woman in the video was saying? That's an odd interpretation of comments which are an odd interpretation of the movie.

Because of all the hype & controversy surrounding the movie. Jesus Christ get the stick out of your ass.
I have watched plenty of reviews and read enough synopsys to get a basic understanding of the movie.
FFS calm down.

Forum List

Back