Black Leaders Have A Politcal Checklist

krisy said:

I especially loved this part -

"Black folk have always been the conscience of this country," Smiley said. "We are doing our part to help redeem the soul of America ... When we make black America better, we make all of America better."

Rather smacks of the old capitalist cliche that I can only paraphrase "If it's good for (insert name of your favorite corporation), it's good for America".

Some black groups are genuinely concerned with helping their membership to a better life while others merely seeks more and more government handouts and are a poorly disguised vehicle for the advancement of racism.

When I saw Al Sharpton's name,I knew it couldn't be good!! What I think it smacks of,is doing special things for a certain group of people. There is also mention of getting the black community mobilized. Why do certain people need to be mobilized ? Condi Rice didn't need help,Colin Powell didn"t
need a politician to be mobilized. I think this crap is an insult to the black race.

dilloduck said:
but notice that none of them seem to be insulted.

That's what I don't understand. If someone wanted special circumstance for me,I would get the impression they thought I was stupid!! :bangheads

Forum List

Back