Bizarro Beck

So? How does that negate the investigative work of the SPLC? Are they lying? Actually, if you go to another site, the Antidefamation League, it also has a similar list (and ADL doesn't JUST list anti-seminist groups).

Extremism in America: Introduction

Pedaling hate is a business , like being a poverty pimp.

Sadly, that's true. And just for the record, I no more enjoy the rants of Al Sharpton than I do Glenn Beck.

Oh please do try.

:eusa_snooty: go find it on youtube or something and try watching it again... PLease, its worth it.... really.

Solution to Ending Violence Is Not Silence - FOXNews.com

Yes, it is worth it. I couldn't find it until now. I'd forgotten that his "message" with that mishmash was that "silencing" is not the answer. Listening to the first 30 minutes, you could have fooled me. The irony is no one has called for "silencing" anyone--just to tone it down. Do you think Glenn Beck will ever have a program where he can speak in a rational voice that isn't intended to get his audience all rev'd up?

Cool... thanks for doing that. It shows some intellectual honesty on your part, and I appaud you for that. :cool:

Yes, Beck is an aquired taste, and in his early days... the late 90's and early 2000's he always used to say that. Most dont like his style, but he is'nt a dishonest man. I've met him and he is a very genuin person. A bit loonie, but a good man none the less.

BTW, he doesnt "rev" me up, but he does arm me with knowledge and that to me is exciting.

Sorry, got carried away.

It's simple really. He's talking about progressives. If progs get their way we will end up with elitist (ranchers) and non-elites (cows). Or a gov in full control where they do things for our own good weather we want it or not b/c they think we won't do things for our own good.

So I guess we should just do things HIS way when HE gets to be the rancher, correct? False accusation.Actually, I do believe your analysis on the cows/rancher is wrong, because Beck said that the cows are dumb and they need the rancher (and a barking dog) to keep them in line. So he's calling all Americans dumb. then your didn't listen, he said that prog elites think we're dumbAfter all, 300,000,000 people can't each be the rancher trying to direct the other 299,000,000 of us, right?what a silly thing to say. How about 300 million of us manage ourselves. We call it independence. That's where that silly analogy falls apart. All Chiefs, no Indians?

Are you intentionally not getting it? Or are you arguing just to argue?

Progs want government control, and are getting it with baby steps. A little bit here, a little bit there, pass our this order follow that order, don't ask questions we are doing this for your own good.

Take some time, and think about all the tiny loses we have to our Freedoms. You may like some of the loses, and that's what the progs want. They want you to ask them to take away freedoms.

Beck makes mountains out of molehills. To listen to him, we're all going to hell in a handbasket--tomorrow, unless everyone is "allowed" to do his own thing. That's bullshit. I have lost NONE of my "freedoms" granted by living in this great country, and neither has he.

Progressives want a level playing field for ALL Americans, period. If that means slapping some regulations on the mega monopolies who, themselves, are able to dictate whether or not we can afford our lifestyles, then so be it. They aren't the ones who wind up in the poorhouse because of the high cost of health care or oil prices. If it means forcing public schools to provide nutritional meals to students instead of fat-laden crap because two-thirds of Americans are overweight, then tough. At the rate we're going, the next generation will be too lazy and fat to bother with space exploration, etc. They'll be too busy watching videos and eating Cheetos.

Sorry, got carried away.

It's simple really. He's talking about progressives. If progs get their way we will end up with elitist (ranchers) and non-elites (cows). Or a gov in full control where they do things for our own good weather we want it or not b/c they think we won't do things for our own good.

So I guess we should just do things HIS way when HE gets to be the rancher, correct? Actually, I do believe your analysis on the cows/rancher is wrong, because Beck said that the cows are dumb and they need the rancher (and a barking dog) to keep them in line. So he's calling all Americans dumb. After all, 300,000,000 people can't each be the rancher trying to direct the other 299,000,000 of us, right? That's where that silly analogy falls apart. All Chiefs, no Indians?

No The cows are the student the ranchers are the progressive elite professors drumming out the common sense and values that the cows got before going to slaughter..
The conversion is almost done .

Why didn't he just SAY so? Why do you need little drawings to understand?

I watched the Glenn Beck show last night because I wanted to hear what he would have to say about Rep. Cohen's Nazi shout out. (Of course Beck opened with a comment that he wasn't going to comment. Uh huh.) Instead he launched into a bizarre, disjointed 30-minute lecture on...I'm still not sure what.

I THINK his point was that "progressives" have historically (in his mind) attempted to be the lone voice by using our-way-or-the-highway propaganda. (Of course Mr. Beck apparently still can't see that conservatives do precisely the same thing.)

As I said, I think that's what his point was. But it was hard to tell from his radically silly analogies of stray cows--the rancher who owns the cows--who knows best? The cows or the rancher? Then quickly morphing that into an incomprehensible rant about university professors--elitists--trying to upstage mommie and daddie--then on to Hillary Clinton doing something--than back to his favorite demon president, Woodrow Wilson--capped off with barking dogs and freedom of speech.

WTF? I had to stop listening. My brain was falling out. I suspect that's what
has happened to the majority of his adoring supporters. To me, he sounded like the 50's comedian Professor Corey who in his 90's today can still do standup using his schtick of creating confusion while sounding dead serious.

And this nut is a defacto leader of the Tea Party movement.

Actually the tea partiers are showing signs of starting to grow up and face reality.

I watched the Glenn Beck show last night because I wanted to hear what he would have to say about Rep. Cohen's Nazi shout out. (Of course Beck opened with a comment that he wasn't going to comment. Uh huh.) Instead he launched into a bizarre, disjointed 30-minute lecture on...I'm still not sure what.

I THINK his point was that "progressives" have historically (in his mind) attempted to be the lone voice by using our-way-or-the-highway propaganda. (Of course Mr. Beck apparently still can't see that conservatives do precisely the same thing.)

As I said, I think that's what his point was. But it was hard to tell from his radically silly analogies of stray cows--the rancher who owns the cows--who knows best? The cows or the rancher? Then quickly morphing that into an incomprehensible rant about university professors--elitists--trying to upstage mommie and daddie--then on to Hillary Clinton doing something--than back to his favorite demon president, Woodrow Wilson--capped off with barking dogs and freedom of speech.

WTF? I had to stop listening. My brain was falling out. I suspect that's what
has happened to the majority of his adoring supporters. To me, he sounded like the 50's comedian Professor Corey who in his 90's today can still do standup using his schtick of creating confusion while sounding dead serious.

A liberal's brain falling out? And confusion about someone speaking about...you don't know what.

This is what passes as an interesting thread topic for you?

Those focusing on Constitutional mandates, tax reform, health care, the rise and fall and rise again of our economy, an occasional CIVIL discussion on the differences in ideologies between the left and the right (rare, but it does happen), and when I feel like wasting time, the humor in the Flame Zone.

Sorry, I thought that was a question. Sadly, Glenn Beck seems incapable of intelligent discussion so that anyone but his ardent admirers can even understand him, which is why I posted what I did.

Last edited:
So I guess we should just do things HIS way when HE gets to be the rancher, correct? Actually, I do believe your analysis on the cows/rancher is wrong, because Beck said that the cows are dumb and they need the rancher (and a barking dog) to keep them in line. So he's calling all Americans dumb. After all, 300,000,000 people can't each be the rancher trying to direct the other 299,000,000 of us, right? That's where that silly analogy falls apart. All Chiefs, no Indians?

No The cows are the student the ranchers are the progressive elite professors drumming out the common sense and values that the cows got before going to slaughter..

I think it may be a little wider and he may have quotes to back it up he usally does when he tells these vignettes.

Don't like Beck, change the channel. Not hard.

I rarely watch him, but as I said, I wanted to see what his comments would be on the Cohen comment, particularly because Beck has made a promise to keep things civil (or at least not promote violence by his INcivility).

You prove one thing for sure.... liberalism IS a mental disorder!

You have to be an absolute idiot to NOT get what he was saying.

Im not gonna waste my time trying to explain it to you either, because if Glenn couldnt do it with what I saw as a very enlightning hour, then I sure as Hell cant.

You just made Maggie's point for her. :lmao:

So? How does that negate the investigative work of the SPLC? Are they lying? Actually, if you go to another site, the Antidefamation League, it also has a similar list (and ADL doesn't JUST list anti-seminist groups).

Extremism in America: Introduction

Pedaling hate is a business , like being a poverty pimp.

Sadly, that's true. And just for the record, I no more enjoy the rants of Al Sharpton than I do Glenn Beck.

I pretty much got through the first Video. My issue with Glenn is not his reason, but his immaturity. It is the Rodeo Clown, imitation, or the Howard Beale, or the Prophet, that come back and kick him in the ass, as it should be. That said, when he is on point, he has made some great contributions to the Society as a whole.

:clap2:

This kind of explains why the idiots posting the chopped up footage of Beck calling for violence... they figured the cows would just follow blindly and not check to see if it was actually true. Well just like the good little cattle they were, they went along blindly and figured it was true... :lol:

I posted the whole thing. Frankly, I've seen Beck do a better job. But last night he seemed to be wildly ad libbing to the point he came off as some poor kid trying to pass a verbal book review of a book he hadn't read and thinking substance would trump content.

:eusa_snooty: go find it on youtube or something and try watching it again... PLease, its worth it.... really.

Solution to Ending Violence Is Not Silence - FOXNews.com

Yes, it is worth it. I couldn't find it until now. I'd forgotten that his "message" with that mishmash was that "silencing" is not the answer. Listening to the first 30 minutes, you could have fooled me. The irony is no one has called for "silencing" anyone--just to tone it down. Do you think Glenn Beck will ever have a program where he can speak in a rational voice that isn't intended to get his audience all rev'd up?

Cool... thanks for doing that. It shows some intellectual honesty on your part, and I appaud you for that. :cool:

Yes, Beck is an aquired taste, and in his early days... the late 90's and early 2000's he always used to say that. Most dont like his style, but he is'nt a dishonest man. I've met him and he is a very genuin person. A bit loonie, but a good man none the less.

BTW, he doesnt "rev" me up, but he does arm me with knowledge and that to me is exciting.

Thanks. I appreciate your honesty too.

I think it may be a little wider and he may have quotes to back it up he usally does when he tells these vignettes.

So does Keith Olbermann. And no, I don't watch him either, not anymore that is. Keith became just as big a trouble-maker as Beck is.

:clap2:

This kind of explains why the idiots posting the chopped up footage of Beck calling for violence... they figured the cows would just follow blindly and not check to see if it was actually true. Well just like the good little cattle they were, they went along blindly and figured it was true... :lol:

I posted the whole thing. Frankly, I've seen Beck do a better job. But last night he seemed to be wildly ad libbing to the point he came off as some poor kid trying to pass a verbal book review of a book he hadn't read and thinking substance would trump content.

I get the same impression of Beck. A kid trying to bluff his way thru a book report on a book he did not read.

Forum List

Back