Bird Flu mania....

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by 8236, Feb 4, 2007.

1. 8236

8236 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    OMG. I've just been watching the BBC news. Headline story is that 2000 turkeys have just been found dead in a farm in Norfolk, UK: Cause H5N1.
    The reporters are found outside the 2 mile exclusion zone around the farm, hovering overhead in helicopters and stationed outside the incinerator as the first trucks arrive with the carcasses. Phrases like 'the deadly virus' abound.
    Then they proceed to interview some woman in Washington with a backdrop of the capitol to get an American perspective on the whole issue.

Bearing in mind that it is so hard to get avian flu (as we are regularly told) - in fact u almost have to be engaged in carnal activities; then why oh why do these idiots make such a big deal of it? (Rhetorical question)

I was just interested to know if any of u peeps in the US had heard anything in your news about this outbreak in the UK - or is it just the media being their usual sensationalist selves.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yeah, from google: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,182 for uk bird flu. (0.22 seconds)

Afraid the word is out.

3. 8236

8236 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    ;) thanx for the sarcasm.
    I meant whether any of u had caught any US TV coverage of it. Was it even mentioned on ur TVs (i dont get US TV)

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Sorry, wasn't meant to be sarcastic, I don't know why I sound that way? Actually today has pretty much been all Super Bowl stuff here. I'll be checking the news in a couple.

5. Roopull

Roopull Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The Drudge Report has 4 linked stories to the outbreak... but it's in the middle of the page. That'd be like being page 3 of the main section of the news paper or a "filler" story on the evening news. In other words, the US media knows about it, but doesn't deem it ratings-worthy.

Got any pictures of someone bleeding or a house on fire?

I rarely watch US TV news... I'm stupid enough, already.

Besides, I'm down here in Georgia... we almost had frozen percipitation land on the ground this past week. After it didn't it almost froze to the trees... Our news hounds are so exhausted from their collective snowy orgasm that I don't think they could handle anything that exciting again for awhile... good thing there's football.:rolleyes:

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Rearing it's head again?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/21/h...dit&adxnnlx=1240362449-GrgmO0Ioo8BXUItPiTEqNA