Bingo! Who Should Care For You?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
My take, your family. Children, parents, , siblings, spouse(s). Then again, for good reasons they may choose not to. So then what?

Politics divides Americans more than race, gender or age, Pew study finds | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Politics divides Americans more than race, gender or age, Pew study finds

By Liz Goodwin

National Affairs Reporter

By Liz Goodwin | The Lookout – 8 hrs ago

(Pew Research Center)The Pew Research Center has a new report out Tuesday suggesting that America is more divided than ever along partisan lines, and that the differences between Democrats and Republicans outstrip differences between Americans of different races, genders, ages and incomes.

The widest gap is between Republican and Democrats' opinion of the social safety net. Forty percent of Republicans agree with the statement, "It's the government's responsibility to care for people who can't care for themselves," compared with 75 percent of Democrats. That gap has widened by 20 points since 1987.

If there is any bright spot in the report, it is that the divide in income and education levels over questions about social mobility haven't gotten any greater in the past 25 years...

The widest gap is between Republican and Democrats' opinion of the social safety net. Forty percent of Republicans agree with the statement, "It's the government's responsibility to care for people who can't care for themselves," compared with 75 percent of Democrats. That gap has widened by 20 points since 1987.
Did they define "people who can't care for themselves"?

I should care for myself. And I should care for my immediate and extended family. And then I should care about people in my community in that order.

Forum List

Back