Bill Whittle on Taxing the Rich

Nobody is suggesting we take away all the wealth from the wealthy. And for God's sake, we aren't that stupid to think that the wealthy only include those in the Fortune 500. There is no doubt that spending must be cut, but the wealthy need to pay a bigger share also. They are the only ones to have reaped any rewards from the tax cuts of the last thirty years.

The funny thing about all this is that the alternative is to continue on the current path, where the wealthy continue to accumulate even more wealth while the middle class disappears. Once that happens, then you will see your revolution. I guarantee you if that time comes, the wealthy won't have to worry about just trying to protect their wealth.

All this is is a thought exericse. Also note he said to take ANY income over 250k each year from people, and that only got you a 1/3 of the year.

The scale of the federal budget is the target of this piece.
No it is mindless drivel for the truly gullible. The target of the piece is suckers like you!!!
The wealthy pay no taxes. The idea is to get them to start paying their fair share of taxes, which means they only have to cover the deficit, not the full tax burden.
If you remember, Damn Quayle admitted that if you made the top tax rate 100% the rich still will pay no taxes. Even your MessiahRushie admits the truly wealthy pay no taxes.

August 7, 2007
CALLER: And, you know, and the way our tax system works, we have an overly complex system, which in and of itself is a problem, but the way our tax system works and the way the tax laws are written, it's based on a few kind of like hinge numbers like adjusted gross income and taxable income, and while the soak the rich -- or however you choose to describe it -- really doesn't come down that way. It really comes down to much lower income levels.

RUSH: It does, exactly, and here's the dirty little secret if you ever to pull it off. It's hard. This is why most people don't understand the tax-the-rich business. You've got to structure your life so you have no "earned" income. I'm out of time. I'll explain that. There's a category called earned income versus other kinds of income. Earned income is what the income tax rate is on. That's how "the rich" do it. They don't have "earned" income. END TRANSCRIPT

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

I'm talking about genuine wealth, not the way Democrats define "rich."

June 14, 2007
RUSH: -- a lot of people, a lot of people wealthy people set up foundations and they do this to keep the government from getting the money.

First of all, I dont listen to Rush or any talk poltical radio. I find the personalities on both sides to be annoying, full of mindless blather.

Also I thought the idea of taxes was to fund the government, not to be a tool for your fantasies of taking money from other people to somehow funnel it to your own pockets. That is your goal isn't it? Taking something that isnt yours?

The issue of the complexity of the tax system is seperate.

The overall point of the exercise was to buffalo suckers like you!!!!
The Rockefellers alone have trillions hidden.
You don't have to take ALL their money, only their fair share of taxes on their hidden untaxed trillions. The deficit is a trillion or so, not the figure Slick Willie Whittle used to deceive rubes like you.

First off all, nice name calling. Its a true sign that you can't make your own point.

Trillions? Really? Maybe we should move this post to conspiracy theories.

Again, he wasnt even talking about the deficit, he was talking about the overall budget. Even if they had 2-4 trillion, and you took all of it, It would cover you for a year or so, or if you applied it to the debt, would get rid of less than 1/2 of it.

I would suggest you stop huffing whatever your "inhalant de jour" is, it seems to be affecting your metal accumen.
Exactly, SUCKER!!! And yet you still were taken in, which says all that needs to be known about your "mental acumen."

Again, the Rockefeller family ALONE has trillions hidden from all taxes, and they are only one of 60 families. If the 60 families paid only their fair share of taxes on their hidden money, like the rest of us who don't have a hidden fortune, the deficit would be covered.

60 families who have trillions each? Where do you get these numbers?

All this is is a thought exericse. Also note he said to take ANY income over 250k each year from people, and that only got you a 1/3 of the year.

The scale of the federal budget is the target of this piece.
No it is mindless drivel for the truly gullible. The target of the piece is suckers like you!!!
The wealthy pay no taxes. The idea is to get them to start paying their fair share of taxes, which means they only have to cover the deficit, not the full tax burden.
If you remember, Damn Quayle admitted that if you made the top tax rate 100% the rich still will pay no taxes. Even your MessiahRushie admits the truly wealthy pay no taxes.

August 7, 2007
CALLER: And, you know, and the way our tax system works, we have an overly complex system, which in and of itself is a problem, but the way our tax system works and the way the tax laws are written, it's based on a few kind of like hinge numbers like adjusted gross income and taxable income, and while the soak the rich -- or however you choose to describe it -- really doesn't come down that way. It really comes down to much lower income levels.

RUSH: It does, exactly, and here's the dirty little secret if you ever to pull it off. It's hard. This is why most people don't understand the tax-the-rich business. You've got to structure your life so you have no "earned" income. I'm out of time. I'll explain that. There's a category called earned income versus other kinds of income. Earned income is what the income tax rate is on. That's how "the rich" do it. They don't have "earned" income. END TRANSCRIPT

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

June 14, 2007
RUSH: -- a lot of people, a lot of people wealthy people set up foundations and they do this to keep the government from getting the money.

First of all, I dont listen to Rush or any talk poltical radio. I find the personalities on both sides to be annoying, full of mindless blather.

Also I thought the idea of taxes was to fund the government, not to be a tool for your fantasies of taking money from other people to somehow funnel it to your own pockets. That is your goal isn't it? Taking something that isnt yours?

Way to parrot your MessiahRushie's favorite Straw Man.
So much for the crap about not listening to GOP hate radio.

First off all, nice name calling. Its a true sign that you can't make your own point.

Again, he wasnt even talking about the deficit, he was talking about the overall budget. Even if they had 2-4 trillion, and you took all of it, It would cover you for a year or so, or if you applied it to the debt, would get rid of less than 1/2 of it.

I would suggest you stop huffing whatever your "inhalant de jour" is, it seems to be affecting your metal accumen.
Exactly, SUCKER!!! And yet you still were taken in, which says all that needs to be known about your "mental acumen."

Again, the Rockefeller family ALONE has trillions hidden from all taxes, and they are only one of 60 families. If the 60 families paid only their fair share of taxes on their hidden money, like the rest of us who don't have a hidden fortune, the deficit would be covered.

From books long out of print. I would recommend a book by Ferdinand Lundburg called "The Rich and The Super Rich" for a starter. He names the families and explains how they avoid paying taxes. You can find used copies on Amazon.

From books long out of print. I would recommend a book by Ferdinand Lundburg called "The Rich and The Super Rich" for a starter. He names the families and explains how they avoid paying taxes. You can find used copies on Amazon.

That book will document 60 families with trillions in hidden wealth each? This is such an easy solution. Why then do you not advocate a special tax on them while leaving everyone else alone?

The overall point of the exercise was to buffalo suckers like you!!!!
The Rockefellers alone have trillions hidden.
You don't have to take ALL their money, only their fair share of taxes on their hidden untaxed trillions. The deficit is a trillion or so, not the figure Slick Willie Whittle used to deceive rubes like you.

If the Rockefellers have this money, PROVE IT. If not, you are just as bad as one of those troofer or birther asshats. (See I can namecall too, and at least I have the balls to keep my reputation open.)

August 7, 2007

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007

June 14, 2007

Nope, that is my own observation on people who use fun terms like "fair share" and seem to be more concerned taking money from other people than regulating how the money the government already has is spent.

Oh the poor poor billionaires.

One cannot help but feel sorry for them.

They're treated so unfairly!

Our break-even is $10,000,000,000 each day, and rising. So your 800 Billion would cover us from January 1 to March 15, if we use it wisely.

the Iowahawk (David) is a friend of mine (he's the one who wrote the original article from which Whittle got his figures and inspiration). David is a great guy, smart, funny as hell.....and if you're lucky enough to buy one of his restored autos, you have something truly special. He is THE MAN on old Fords!

I think i gave Iowahawk credit in my original post, and everyone still doesnt get it.

Oh the poor poor billionaires.

One cannot help but feel sorry for them.

They're treated so unfairly!

That's a very valid point you raise, that you are scoffing at some manufactured sympathy for billionaires. Where in a discussion about proper means to fund the government do that emotion and your emotional reaction fit?

You sure this isn't about envy?

Nope, that is my own observation on people who use fun terms like "fair share" and seem to be more concerned taking money from other people than regulating how the money the government already has is spent.
No, it's your programming! You've been programmed to see only spending cuts and to close your eyes to the tax dodgers. We need to do BOTH. Cut wasteful spending AND get the Super Rich to pay taxes for the first time in their lives. You assume that anyone who thinks the people who benefit most from the government protecting the right to private ownership should contribute at least some taxes to support the government that protects that right is as one track minded as you!!!!!

That book will document 60 families with trillions in hidden wealth each? This is such an easy solution. Why then do you not advocate a special tax on them while leaving everyone else alone?
I already said on another thread that you need to eliminate all charity deductions and tax all charities. The Super Rich have perverted the charity deductions to the point where they never have taxable income after adjustments.

For example, when Nelson Rockefeller was appointed Vice President, he made his tax return public. On a 7 figure income he had not one penny in taxable income. The Super Rich simply donate money, art, property, stocks, etc., to themselves as heads of their charities and get tax deductions for it.

No, it's your programming! You've been programmed to see only spending cuts and to close your eyes to the tax dodgers. We need to do BOTH. Cut wasteful spending AND get the Super Rich to pay taxes for the first time in their lives. You assume that anyone who thinks the people who benefit most from the government protecting the right to private ownership should contribute at least some taxes to support the government that protects that right is as one track minded as you!!!!!

When people resort to thinking that somone who has an opposite opinion of them HAS to be delusional, or tricked then I have to question how much they really understand what the hell they are talking about.

My view is that government is doing far too much as compared to what it was intended to do. This extra cost is the problem, not the fact we cannot pay for it. It shouldn't exist to begin with.

As a side commetnt on your response, THE WALL OF TEXT, IT DOES TEH BURNZ.

When people resort to thinking that somone who has an opposite opinion of them HAS to be delusional, or tricked then I have to question how much they really understand what the hell they are talking about.

My view is that government is doing far too much as compared to what it was intended to do. This extra cost is the problem, not the fact we cannot pay for it. It shouldn't exist to begin with.

You have no opinion, not an opposite opinion. You merely parrot other peoples' opinions, like Slick Willie Whittless without ever thinking about what they are saying.

I already said on another thread that you need to eliminate all charity deductions and tax all charities. The Super Rich have perverted the charity deductions to the point where they never have taxable income after adjustments.

For example, when Nelson Rockefeller was appointed Vice President, he made his tax return public. On a 7 figure income he had not one penny in taxable income. The Super Rich simply donate money, art, property, stocks, etc., to themselves as heads of their charities and get tax deductions for it.

I tried to look up his taxes and all I found were crazy consiracy sites. My question is if the money he made off the rockefeller trust is counted as income or capital gains? If not counted as income, he technically would not have paid income tax. I find no mention, however of him not paying ANY taxes at all. From what I understand all the siblings were given money under the trust, and the trust itself paid taxes on the captial gains as well.

You have no opinion, not an opposite opinion. You merely parrot other peoples' opinions, like Slick Willie Whittless without ever thinking about what they are saying.

How the hell do you know what I am thinking? My opinion is far more grounded than yours. I find it comical you accuse me of parroting when all you are doing is rehashing the same tired progressive lines we get all the time on these boards. All you do is dress it up in a whiff on conspiracy airs (teh super riches haz teh monies hidden awayz, oh noes!!!) and repackage it under your own brand name.

I tried being nice, but I guess that isnt going to work. You are an intellectual midget, a smear on the protplasimic ooze of internet debate. You add no new insight to topics, and have the utter inability to even fathom that your opinon may be wrong. Therfore your only retort is that an opposite opinion doesnt exist, and thus you can prove your ugly hazed viewpoint of the world. I feel pity for people like you, not disgust or hatred, as you are locked into some skewed way of viewing things, where your only comfort is the sad, pathetic idea that you are right in all things, and it is everyone else who is delusional, tricked by the powers that be, or crazy.

I tried to look up his taxes and all I found were crazy consiracy sites. My question is if the money he made off the rockefeller trust is counted as income or capital gains? If not counted as income, he technically would not have paid income tax. I find no mention, however of him not paying ANY taxes at all. From what I understand all the siblings were given money under the trust, and the trust itself paid taxes on the captial gains as well.
Without GOP hate radio to tell you, no wonder you found nothing.

Trust Reports - #PCT01: Introduction to Trusts

NOTED COLUMNIST JACK ANDERSON SAYS:

"It is common knowledge that the richest and most influential persons in our country have Foreign Trusts and/or Domestic Trusts. This also necessarily includes the politicians and those persons and/or corporations who control them!

Why would persons who already have so much, need a tax haven? The answers to this question are simple, these people do not wish to pay tax(es) on those funds controlled and/or owned by them, and this is a legal method by which the well-to-do can avoid paying such taxes. Also, due to the current instabilities in our economy, these persons (who frequently have access to "inside information") wish to have their moneys and/or property in a safe location, as opposed to maintaining their funds and/or properties within the U.S. whereby the government, through its agents, the IRS and other agencies, can seize their assets. But you don't have to be rich to seek and receive the same protection!"

Jack Anderson, the Washington columnist, in his column entitled, "The Yearly Tax Ordeal," exposed many of the richest families in America, and their tax avoidance techniques. The following statements were quoted by Mr. Anderson and from The Rockefeller File:
"We have access to secret tax filings by members of our wealthiest families, the Mellons, the Rockefellers, the Hunts and others. Each of the families had millionaire members, who from time to time, have paid no income tax at all.
And almost all of them regularly pay only a part of the tax that their income would require were it not for the use of Trusts."

"Vice-President Nelson Rockefeller, for example, paid no federal income tax several years running. John D. Rockefeller, III, pays a 10% federal tax as a matter of personal principle. Apparently, he can manipulate his tax exemptions to produce whatever return he feels is appropriate. Paul Mellon is able to get away with a negligible income tax as do other members of his fabulously wealthy family. Texas oil billionaire, Bunker Hunt, has managed to live in luxury without paying any income taxes at all for several years."

We do not single them out for criticism. They have made use of the law and that is their right!

"For two generations the great fortune passed down by John D. Rockefeller has been fractionated and made more complex by increasing layers of Trusts and closely held companies, where no public reports are required, non-volunteered, and all inquiries are politely rebuffed."

The Rockefellers invented a scheme, used by the super rich today, whereby the more money you appear to give away, the more powerful you become. The key to this system is giving up ownership but retaining control. It's better to have your assets owned by a Trust, which you control, than to have them in your own name! When Judge Kenesaw Landis ordered Standard Oil broken up in 1911, John D. Rockefeller created new Trusts, and gave his stock to them. The net effect was the same as if you took your wallet out of your left pocket and placed it in the right pocket. In doing what he did, Rockefeller not only managed to avoid income taxes, he also escaped probate, estate and inheritance taxes; taxes that have ravaged the wealth of those not in the know about Trusts.

Not only can businesses and corporations benefit from the formation of Trusts, but families and individuals also, can enjoy these same rights and advantages!
BENEFITS OF TRUST CREATION

AVOID
probate;
death transfer taxes;
capital gains taxes;
withholding taxes;
and government meddling.
RESTORE
privacy of affairs and
control over finances
and business.
ESTABLISH
true limited liability.
PRECLUDE
liens;
judgments;
seizures;
employee withholding.
PREVENT
messy divorce property divisions.
REDUCE or ELIMINATE
income taxes.
MINIMIZE or ABOLISH
malpractice premiums.
SPECIFIC BENEFITS OF PURE CONTRACT TRUST

No federal and state income taxes.
No taxes on investment income.
No capital gains taxes.
No inheritance or estate taxes.
No expensive IRS appraisals.
No public disclosures (financial privacy)
No government reporting.
Protects assets from court actions.
Eliminates probate (and the waiting involved).
Avoids transfer, estate, death, and inheritance taxes.
Avoids liens, levies, and judgments.
No forced asset division.
No expensive litigation.
No family (potential heirs) interference.
Preservation of assets accumulated over a lifetime.
Indefinite preservation of estate for descendants.
Eliminates or greatly reduces attorney fees, accountant fees, and executor fees.
Limited liability.
A Pure Contract Trust can hold cash, real estate, stocks and bonds, life insurance, gold and silver, commodities, and virtually anything of value.
A Pure Contract Trust bank account can be located at practically any bank.
Can operate any legal business almost anywhere.
Elimination of employee withholding taxes - if they become independent contractors.

"It is common knowledge that the richest and most influential persons in our country have Foreign Trusts and/or Domestic Trusts. This also necessarily includes the politicians and those persons and/or corporations who control them!

Why would persons who already have so much, need a tax haven? The answers to this question are simple, these people do not wish to pay tax(es) on those funds controlled and/or owned by them, and this is a legal method by which the well-to-do can avoid paying such taxes. Also, due to the current instabilities in our economy, these persons (who frequently have access to "inside information") wish to have their moneys and/or property in a safe location, as opposed to maintaining their funds and/or properties within the U.S. whereby the government, through its agents, the IRS and other agencies, can seize their assets. But you don't have to be rich to seek and receive the same protection!"

Jack Anderson, the Washington columnist, in his column entitled, "The Yearly Tax Ordeal," exposed many of the richest families in America, and their tax avoidance techniques. The following statements were quoted by Mr. Anderson and from The Rockefeller File:
"We have access to secret tax filings by members of our wealthiest families, the Mellons, the Rockefellers, the Hunts and others. Each of the families had millionaire members, who from time to time, have paid no income tax at all.
And almost all of them regularly pay only a part of the tax that their income would require were it not for the use of Trusts."

"Vice-President Nelson Rockefeller, for example, paid no federal income tax several years running. John D. Rockefeller, III, pays a 10% federal tax as a matter of personal principle. Apparently, he can manipulate his tax exemptions to produce whatever return he feels is appropriate. Paul Mellon is able to get away with a negligible income tax as do other members of his fabulously wealthy family. Texas oil billionaire, Bunker Hunt, has managed to live in luxury without paying any income taxes at all for several years."

We do not single them out for criticism. They have made use of the law and that is their right!

"For two generations the great fortune passed down by John D. Rockefeller has been fractionated and made more complex by increasing layers of Trusts and closely held companies, where no public reports are required, non-volunteered, and all inquiries are politely rebuffed."

The Rockefellers invented a scheme, used by the super rich today, whereby the more money you appear to give away, the more powerful you become. The key to this system is giving up ownership but retaining control. It's better to have your assets owned by a Trust, which you control, than to have them in your own name! When Judge Kenesaw Landis ordered Standard Oil broken up in 1911, John D. Rockefeller created new Trusts, and gave his stock to them. The net effect was the same as if you took your wallet out of your left pocket and placed it in the right pocket. In doing what he did, Rockefeller not only managed to avoid income taxes, he also escaped probate, estate and inheritance taxes; taxes that have ravaged the wealth of those not in the know about Trusts.

Not only can businesses and corporations benefit from the formation of Trusts, but families and individuals also, can enjoy these same rights and advantages!

AVOID
probate;
death transfer taxes;
capital gains taxes;
withholding taxes;
and government meddling.
RESTORE
privacy of affairs and
control over finances
and business.
ESTABLISH
true limited liability.
PRECLUDE
liens;
judgments;
seizures;
employee withholding.
PREVENT
REDUCE or ELIMINATE
income taxes.
MINIMIZE or ABOLISH
malpractice premiums.

No capital gains taxes.
No government reporting.
No expensive litigation.
Eliminates or greatly reduces attorney fees, accountant fees, and executor fees.
Limited liability.
A Pure Contract Trust can hold cash, real estate, stocks and bonds, life insurance, gold and silver, commodities, and virtually anything of value.
Elimination of employee withholding taxes - if they become independent contractors.

This is one of the kook sites I found. What I was looking for was actual numbers, or an actual return, with referenced sources, not some long winded diatribe. Acutal numbers, not people referencing said numbers and adding endless commentary on what they think the numbers mean.

I find it amazing how the non-rich in the US will gut their own personal financies to support the rich who are totally unwilling to do the same for them.

AVOID
probate;
death transfer taxes;
capital gains taxes;
withholding taxes;
and government meddling.
RESTORE
privacy of affairs and
control over finances
and business.
ESTABLISH
true limited liability.
PRECLUDE
liens;
judgments;
seizures;
employee withholding.
PREVENT
REDUCE or ELIMINATE
income taxes.
MINIMIZE or ABOLISH
malpractice premiums.

No capital gains taxes.
No government reporting.
No expensive litigation.
Limited liability.

This is one of the kook sites I found. What I was looking for was actual numbers, or an actual return, with referenced sources, not some long winded diatribe. Acutal numbers, not people referencing said numbers and adding endless commentary on what they think the numbers mean.
It's hardly a KOOK site, except to a KOOK.
You just can't handle the truth. And the number is $0.00, the amount of tax the Super Rich pay.

Forum List

Back