Bill of Rights down to two

Street Juice

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2018
Baltimore
Gone. (0)
Under assault and wavering. (.5)
Still intact (except for Syrians, Ukrainians, Germans, Koreans, Australians, Japanese, Greeks, Iraqis, Africans, etc.) (1)
Gone. (0)
  • Fifth Amendment [Grand Jury, Double Jeopardy, Self-Incrimination, Due Process]
Severely weakened. (.5)
  • Sixth Amendment [Criminal Prosecutions - Jury Trial, Right to Confront and to Counsel]
Severely curtailed for the poor and whites in general. (0)
Gone. Summary judgment. (0)
Gone. Julian Assange. (0)
Long gone. (0)
Long gone. (0)

Gone. (0)
Still intact (except for Syrians, Ukrainians, Germans, Koreans, Australians, Japanese, Greeks, Iraqis, Africans, etc.) (1)
Gone. (0)
  • Fifth Amendment [Grand Jury, Double Jeopardy, Self-Incrimination, Due Process]
Severely weakened. (.5)
  • Sixth Amendment [Criminal Prosecutions - Jury Trial, Right to Confront and to Counsel]
Long gone. (0)
Long gone. (0)

If rights can be taken away they are not rights. Fact.

Fortunately or otherwise, we live in a time when you occasionally have to FIGHT for your Constitutional rights, in court. It takes time, but you will almost always be vindicated.

And people often lose sight of the fact that Constitutional rights only apply in matters between citizens (or residents) and the Government. Your employer can shut you down for some things, legally and Constitutionally.

Gone. (0)
Gone. (0)
Severely weakened. (.5)
Long gone. (0)
Long gone. (0)
Not so fast.

Gone. (0) (Not gone but damaged. Religion(free), Press (free, sometimes too free) assembly (free, as long as peaceful, and sometimes even if not peaceful at local levels) Petition (free)
Under assault and wavering. (.5) (free in most states to, even too free in some, while other states, as you said, not just under attack, but gone.)

Still intact (except for Syrians, Ukrainians, Germans, Koreans, Australians, Japanese, Greeks, Iraqis, Africans, etc.) (1)( Still intact, those other countries don't count)
Gone. (0) (Not totally gone, but damaged by the still rampant government Civil Asset Forfeiture policies in place.)
Severely weakened. (.5) (Doing fine, in my opinion)
Severely curtailed for the poor and whites in general. (0) (severely damaged. but possibly always has been a country where money was the grease to smoother outcome and softer landing.
Gone. Summary judgment. (0) (requires large amounts of money to win, but still functioning)
Gone. Julian Assange. (0) (in some places for some offenses bail is gone. As far as cruel and unusual punishment, as always in the eye of the beholder.
Long gone. (0)
Long gone. (0) (States rights are doing well, in some cases, too well, an example being "Sanctuary Cities".)

Fortunately or otherwise, we live in a time when you occasionally have to FIGHT for your Constitutional rights, in court. It takes time, but you will almost always be vindicated.
You will not "almost always be vindicated" in a court of law if you are poor or a member of an unfavored group. Indeed, in the vast majority of David v Goliath court battles, David never wins except in the movies.
And people often lose sight of the fact that Constitutional rights only apply in matters between citizens (or residents) and the Government. Your employer can shut you down for some things, legally and Constitutionally.
I would argue that, with the evisceration of the Seventh Amendment right to a jury trial in civil cases, it is meaningless to even talk about constitutionality. The right to a jury trial for any civil matter exceeding 20 dollars in claims was the "little guy's" ace-in-the-hole against the rich and powerful. Especially in federal courts, that right is routinely violated in favor of the rich and powerful. Courts grant summary judgment on specious grounds that it would be impossible for a reasonable jury to find in favor of a civil plaintiff, and the plaintiff basically has no recourse. So, without that right to make his case to a jury of his peers, an employee who is abused by an employer can justifiably dismiss any argument that the employer's actions were "constitutional."

Not so fast.

Gone. (0) (Not gone but damaged. Religion(free), Press (free, sometimes too free) assembly (free, as long as peaceful, and sometimes even if not peaceful at local levels) Petition (free)
Religion (state establishment of Wokeism and similar individual-to-individual moral codes), Press (government suppression of "disinformation," e.g., antivaxxers, 9-11 truthers, BDS), Assembly (quotas, EEOC lawfare), Petition (not free if you can't afford lawyer), Speech (SPLC and ADL working directly with FBI to identify "white supremacists")
Severely weakened. (.5) (Doing fine, in my opinion)
One thousand Jan 6 unarmed protesters still sitting in jail. Glynn County, Georgia, Charlottesville, Derek Chauvin trial by mob

Gone. Summary judgment. (0) (requires large amounts of money to win, but still functioning)
Was never meant to protect the rich and powerful. IOW, gone.

Gone. Julian Assange. (0) (in some places for some offenses bail is gone. As far as cruel and unusual punishment, as always in the eye of the beholder.
All solitary confinement is cruel and unusual. Any punishment that results in insanity is indefensible.

Long gone. (0) (States rights are doing well, in some cases, too well, an example being "Sanctuary Cities".)
Brown v Board of Education, Citizens United, Sullivan v New York Times, Roe v Wade, EPA, EEOC, et al.

Religion (state establishment of Wokeism and similar individual-to-individual moral codes), Press (government suppression of "disinformation," e.g., antivaxxers, 9-11 truthers, BDS), Assembly (quotas, EEOC lawfare), Petition (not free if you can't afford lawyer), Speech (SPLC and ADL working directly with FBI to identify "white supremacists")

One thousand Jan 6 unarmed protesters still sitting in jail. Glynn County, Georgia, Charlottesville, Derek Chauvin trial by mob

Was never meant to protect the rich and powerful. IOW, gone.

All solitary confinement is cruel and unusual. Any punishment that results in insanity is indefensible.

Brown v Board of Education, Citizens United, Sullivan v New York Times, Roe v Wade, EPA, EEOC, et al.
You whine of your opinion. The "wokeism" is being pushed from below, but laws to protect from undue discrimination given inordinant, indeed extreme measure relief to the wrong side of the debate, at the expense of the majority that do not want unisex bathrooms in public schools and do not want boys or trans on the girl's teams or in the girls locker rooms.

I care not for the Jan 6 protestors. The should not have attacked the capital.

I have no problem with solitary confinement for criminals. They should not have committed their crime and while jailed, should not have broken prison rules. Their choice in most cases. Not cruel or unusual.

You whine of your opinion. The "wokeism" is being pushed from below, but laws to protect from undue discrimination given inordinant, indeed extreme measure relief to the wrong side of the debate, at the expense of the majority that do not want unisex bathrooms in public schools and do not want boys or trans on the girl's teams or in the girls locker rooms.

I care not for the Jan 6 protestors. The should not have attacked the capital.

I have no problem with solitary confinement for criminals. They should not have committed their crime and while jailed, should not have broken prison rules. Their choice in most cases. Not cruel or unusual.
Yah, in other words, you are fine with the erosion of our rights as long as the right ox is being gored.

Hey, fat American cattle, you still have constitutional rights, except in those cases where you don't. But who has time to think about that now? You have a whole stack of scratch-off lottery tickets to get through before your sportsball starts on the TeeVee.

Yah, in other words, you are fine with the erosion of our rights as long as the right ox is being gored.

Hey, fat American cattle, you still have constitutional rights, except in those cases where you don't. But who has time to think about that now? You have a whole stack of scratch-off lottery tickets to get through before your sportsball starts on the TeeVee.
Nah, though it is true that if I or those around me are impacted, I am more likely to take a firmer position, especially in these times when the far right is screaming about wokeism, which does not affect me, as nobody in my face about it where I live. I can't get too upset about the squeeze on gun rights, as I have plenty, all legal, am a permitted concealed carrier, even living in a constitutional carry state. I stated my position on how constitutional protections of states rights. I have no problem with free speech rights, as nobody in government restricting mine and have no problem with clamping down of spreading lies for political benefit of either side, though the far right is the biggest offender at the moment. Many here on this board, fall into the "hair on fire" and the truth is it is never as bad as either side says.

Slave, meet dupe.
You are just the wrong guy, stuck in the wrong place. My parents moved out of Baltimore before the end of the 50s. Yours should have also.

Almost always be vindicated?

Tell that to the Jan6 victims.

Forum List

Back