Bill Moyers Makes It Clear: Requiring An ID Is Voter Suppression And Unconstitutional

There is NO voter suppression.

Didn't bother to watch the video, did you? Yes, the photo id laws disproportionately effect the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. Yes, for those without identification now, the cost of getting the so-called "free id" costs more than the poll taxes in the '60s. You can repeat your lie all you want, but Moyers is spot on.

Everything "disproportionately effects" the poor, you stupid git. How could anything not "disproportionately effect" the poor? That's not a valid argument against requiring voter ID.

moyer is a
liar
comedian
partisan hack
liar
and spiritual leader on the left

No one with an IQ takes anything he has to say seriously
I knew a very right wing woman who loved Moyers' series with Joseph Campbell. We used to discuss it.
She was careful to say that she disagreed wtih Moyers' politics, but she wasn't close minded.

Doesnt matter is the answer to all those. All you have to know is that a lot of people dont have an ID. Start from there and you will see that if they dont have it, it suppresses their ability to vote.

Being dead or born in Mexico also "suppresses" their ability to vote.

So let me get this straight....they can pay their own way to the polling places every two years...but we can't make them go ONE time to get their ID, you people are idiots.

Maybe. If they live in a city, they can usually walk to their precinct polling place, but would have to jump through hoops (assuming they didn't have transportation) to get to a states vital statistics and motor vehicle office. Lots of old folks and poor and disabled live in cities. I guess you haven't.

Too funny..yet they can make to their respective Gov offices to get and maintain their Gov assistance....got it. (rolling eyes)

Do they? How do you know? Most people I know, who have SS or SSI use direct deposit, and can sit on their ass and collect money. There's lots of people living on minimum wage that also collect their food stamps electronically, or just find a way to live on their minimum wage without assistance. I guess my mom collected her SS for about 20 years, and never had to go to any office to get her money. Hell, she didn't even need to show any ID when she applied.

But again, it's besides the point. The constitution prohibits a poll tax or any other tax to vote in federal elections, and making people jump through hoops and loose pay and pay fees (which Roberts claims is a tax) is such a clear case of violation of the constitution.

The only thing I can conclude from your arguments is that you like the ID of a police state, where everyone must have their papers, or you're an apologist for the GOP who are trying to suppress the vote.

Please don't ever enter a thread claiming that your a strict constructionist regarding the Constitution. I'll probably pee myself laughing.

So tell me, Dick Tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for Medicaid or Medicare, etc., WITHOUT providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for VOTER FRAUD, which is EXACTLY what you and leftists like Bill Moyers want.

The leftist definition of "voter suppression" is SUPPRESSION OF VOTER FRAUD.

Doesnt matter is the answer to all those. All you have to know is that a lot of people dont have an ID. Start from there and you will see that if they dont have it, it suppresses their ability to vote.

If people don't have an I.D., it suppresses their ability to purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, to cash a personal check, to obtain and/or use a credit card, to open a bank account, to obtain a driver's license, to apply for and/or receive government services, to be gainfully employed, etc., etc., etc.

Your argument is ludicrous, but typical for leftists who use voter fraud as a tool to stay viable.

The only people that don't support requiring voters show ID are the same people who support election fraud. There simply is no valid argument against requiring ID's. The poor have ID's or the poor wouldn't be getting public assistance... It's just that simple.

No one can object to Moyer. He is above reproach. Having said that, this is the only way the Rs can win.

What they don't buy, they will steal. It worked for Bush ..............

Let us be grateful that Bill Moyers is not on the Supreme Court
If you are driving and get pulled over you must show your drivers license to prove you meet the requirements of being behind the wheel.
Same as Voting, you must prove you meet the requirements of voting.

Last edited:
Maybe. If they live in a city, they can usually walk to their precinct polling place, but would have to jump through hoops (assuming they didn't have transportation) to get to a states vital statistics and motor vehicle office. Lots of old folks and poor and disabled live in cities. I guess you haven't.

Too funny..yet they can make to their respective Gov offices to get and maintain their Gov assistance....got it. (rolling eyes)

Do they? How do you know? Most people I know, who have SS or SSI use direct deposit, and can sit on their ass and collect money. There's lots of people living on minimum wage that also collect their food stamps electronically, or just find a way to live on their minimum wage without assistance. I guess my mom collected her SS for about 20 years, and never had to go to any office to get her money. Hell, she didn't even need to show any ID when she applied.

But again, it's besides the point. The constitution prohibits a poll tax or any other tax to vote in federal elections, and making people jump through hoops and loose pay and pay fees (which Roberts claims is a tax) is such a clear case of violation of the constitution.

The only thing I can conclude from your arguments is that you like the ID of a police state, where everyone must have their papers, or you're an apologist for the GOP who are trying to suppress the vote.

Please don't ever enter a thread claiming that your a strict constructionist regarding the Constitution. I'll probably pee myself laughing.

The only way they could ever receive ANY benefits from the Government is if they at some point in time produced a valid ID card... Why do you desire to perpetuate Election Fraud?

No one can object to Moyer. He is above reproach. Having said that, this is the only way the Rs can win.

The only way R's can win is by stopping Fraud from Democrats... Thanks for being honest.

I don't know anyone without ID. Who the fuck can't ID themselves in 2012?

Oh, I know!

Mickey Mouse
Joe ACORN
Popeye
Col Saunders

all of who voted for Al Franken

Being dead is one way that those Republicans who were convicted of voter fraud beat the system. And photo ID wouldn't have stopped it, since they used absentee ballots to commit the fraud.

Like I said, the low hanging fruit is getting your state to integrate your voter rolls with your vital statistics. I also mentioned that my wife, who passed 16 years ago, still gets notices for Jury Duty.

As for your other point, being born in Mexico doesn't disqualify you, if you've become an American citizen.

So if your goal is to stop limit or stop illegal voting, make your state purge the voter rolls of dead people (considering where you live, you might wind up alligator food if you push too hard). Then show me anything comparable to the absentee ballot frauds of non-citizens voting here. You know you can't.

You're just another right wing phony who want's to suppress the votes of the eligible, and ignore the real frauds. That would make you an unprincipled partisan hack.

Like I said, logic isn't your stong suit....I believe you pee your pants on a regular basis....especially if your assistance check doesn't arrive on time.

The only thing I can conclude is that you don't believe in the Constitution at all....unless it is a "living document" that you dan interpret at will.

Only American citizens are legal to vote in our elections...and yet you don't even want anyone to have to prove that they ARE a citizen.

You lose friend....oh yes...and the SC has already approved ID laws...oooppppssss.

Bri were you on AWE?

I was on another forum that went South. I'm not sure what the name was, but "AWE" sounds familiar.

Being dead is one way that those Republicans who were convicted of voter fraud beat the system. And photo ID wouldn't have stopped it, since they used absentee ballots to commit the fraud.

Like I said, the low hanging fruit is getting your state to integrate your voter rolls with your vital statistics. I also mentioned that my wife, who passed 16 years ago, still gets notices for Jury Duty.

As for your other point, being born in Mexico doesn't disqualify you, if you've become an American citizen.

So if your goal is to stop limit or stop illegal voting, make your state purge the voter rolls of dead people (considering where you live, you might wind up alligator food if you push too hard). Then show me anything comparable to the absentee ballot frauds of non-citizens voting here. You know you can't.

You're just another right wing phony who want's to suppress the votes of the eligible, and ignore the real frauds. That would make you an unprincipled partisan hack.

Do ya think they became "citizens" without proving who they were...god you are stupid.

Are they not doing this? What does the election commission get paid to do?
i'm all for doing this, but then you need to show ID, to prove who you are. It's not hard to get one.

And who is for fraud? Find it, punish it......I know it's waaaaay too simple....

Moyers is readily reproachable. He's a partisan hack using taxpayer money to spew leftwing propaganda.

Forum List

Back