Bill Moyers Makes It Clear: Requiring An ID Is Voter Suppression And Unconstitutional

The video at the link is fairly short and worth the watch. Yep, he has it right. The people that are really being screwed are the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. As the interview points out, that "free card" turns out costing more than poll taxes did.

Bill Moyers Makes It Clear: Requiring An ID Is Voter Suppression And Unconstitutional

Everyone's got an ID, right? Wrong. When 1 in 10 eligible voters have no ID, and a trip to a government building is time-consuming and costly, Bill Moyers is there to break down exactly how voter suppression has been allowed to happen and why it's unconstitutional.

Gee, Bill Moyers huh?

well, the SC disagrees including Stevens that right wing lion:rolleyes:

In a 6-3 decision in 2008, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the photo ID requirement, finding it closely related to Indiana's legitimate state interest in preventing voter fraud, modernizing elections, and safeguarding voter confidence.

Justice John Paul Stevens, in the leading opinion, stated that the burdens placed on voters are limited to a small percentage of the population, and were offset by the state's interest in reducing fraud. Stevens wrote in the majority...

Crawford v. Marion County Election Board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So tell me, Dick Tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for Medicaid or Medicare, etc., WITHOUT providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for VOTER FRAUD, which is EXACTLY what you and leftists like Bill Moyers want.

The leftist definition of "voter suppression" is SUPPRESSION OF VOTER FRAUD.

Lucky you, you won ovavian bingo, and probably even have a car and a drivers license. Hell, I bet you even have a job that will let you take some time off, without docking your pay, to deal with various bureaucracies, and not having to worry if taking that time off would result in not being able to pay this months rent.

I haven't been carded for booze or smokes for over 30 years. I doubt that someone would card a wrinkled up old lady either. Most poor that I know, don't have much of a need for passports. I have no problem cashing checks, since my bank knows me or I can use the ATM. Ever drive through a poor neighborhood and see all those check cashing stores? For an exorbitant fee, they'll just accept a utility bill as identification. My mother didn't need to show ID when she applied for SS survivor benefits. She just had to sign the paper saying it was all true, and that if it wasn't it was punishable by law. She just told them her SS number, and they asked a few questions to verify identity, and all was cool. When I registered to vote, I just signed the form that everything I said was true under penalty of law. When I moved (twice), I just went down to the public library and filled out a new form or a change of address form. Nobody asked for any ID.

I bet you live out in the alienated burbs, where you don't really get to know your bankers, grocers, liquor store operators, like you do in most cities with real neighborhoods. Well lucky you and your good fortune. But your good fortune seems to jaded you that everyone is able to get to where you're at. That's just not the case.

The fact remains that 10% of Americans don't have IDs, and they're disproportionately poor, elderly, or disabled.

My God, you accurately portray everything Rush Limbaugh says about liberals......are you part of his show? How do you know she didnt work to get that lifestyle that YOU descrbie, she hasnt.

So you're a believer in "life's lottery" as he calls it....

So lets see

1) you think people are rich due to dumb luck and it's unfair
2)you're militant in you ideas and a zealot that whoever disagrees is a bigot, racist, sexist, homophobe
3)you're a hypocrit, since you excuse people breaking your own rules, as long as they agree with you

Yeah you are a cartoon of liberalism

Why did Republicans ban early voting in 6 states? You know why and it aint voter fraud which doesnt exist

So tell me, Dick Tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for Medicaid or Medicare, etc., WITHOUT providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for VOTER FRAUD, which is EXACTLY what you and leftists like Bill Moyers want.

I'm so tired of this topic. If either party is relying on those who can't muster enough chutzpa in 4 years to register to vote then get an acceptable ID, they deserve to lose. Simple; case closed.

That being said, 100% of this nonsense could be removed if the States just issued photographic copies of the voter registration cards.

More like 4 months in places like PA, assuming the people without photo ids have been informed. Sucks that most motor vehicle places and vital statistics offices are on an 8-4PM schedule. It sucks even more that people who have been registered and voting for years and years now have to jump through an additional hoop.

Here's an idea, lets get the congress to pass a law to give up to 3 days off with pay or a per diem compensation that will cover transportation/sign language translation/etc to those who aren't employed and/or disabled to deal with the various state bureaucracies so they can vote. Should all forms be available in braille? Seems reasonable, since most Americans consider voting a duty as well as a civil right.

The video at the link is fairly short and worth the watch. Yep, he has it right. The people that are really being screwed are the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. As the interview points out, that "free card" turns out costing more than poll taxes did.

Everyone's got an ID, right? Wrong. When 1 in 10 eligible voters have no ID, and a trip to a government building is time-consuming and costly, Bill Moyers is there to break down exactly how voter suppression has been allowed to happen and why it's unconstitutional.

More SSDD.

Not really. This one has the data to back them up.

Glad he did this, I have been through it with a disabled relative prior to the 'illegals' voting mass hysteria, and more recently, since Florida made voting as difficult as possible.

PS: The Vulture's voter purge is already tossing out regular voters, I know one that happened to find out by chance.

Last edited:
so tell me, dick tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for medicaid or medicare, etc., without providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for voter fraud, which is exactly what you and leftists like bill moyers want.

The leftist definition of "voter suppression" is suppression of voter fraud.

lucky you, you won ovavian bingo, and probably even have a car and a drivers license. Hell, i bet you even have a job that will let you take some time off, without docking your pay, to deal with various bureaucracies, and not having to worry if taking that time off would result in not being able to pay this months rent.

I haven't been carded for booze or smokes for over 30 years. I doubt that someone would card a wrinkled up old lady either. most poor that i know, don't have much of a need for passports. I have no problem cashing checks, since my bank knows me or i can use the atm. Ever drive through a poor neighborhood and see all those check cashing stores? For an exorbitant fee, they'll just accept a utility bill as identification. My mother didn't need to show id when she applied for ss survivor benefits. She just had to sign the paper saying it was all true, and that if it wasn't it was punishable by law. She just told them her ss number, and they asked a few questions to verify identity, and all was cool. When i registered to vote, i just signed the form that everything i said was true under penalty of law. When i moved (twice), i just went down to the public library and filled out a new form or a change of address form. Nobody asked for any id.

i bet you live out in the alienated burbs, where you don't really get to know your bankers, grocers, liquor store operators, like you do in most cities with real neighborhoods. Well lucky you and your good fortune. But your good fortune seems to jaded you that everyone is able to get to where you're at. That's just not the case.

the fact remains that 10% of americans don't have ids, and they're disproportionately poor, elderly, or disabled.

^^^ this!!

Glad he did this, I have been through it with a disabled relative prior to the 'illegals' voting mass hysteria, and more recently, since Florida made voting as difficult as possible.

PS: The Vulture's voter purge is already tossing out regular voters, I know one that happened to find out by chance.

Justice Stevens spoke to that,

Justice John Paul Stevens, in the leading opinion, stated that the burdens placed on voters are limited to a small percentage of the population, and were offset by the state's interest in reducing fraud.

so let me translate for you in particular;

utopia is bullshit, there is no free lunch and unicorns don't exist.......

Lucky you, you won ovavian bingo, and probably even have a car and a drivers license. Hell, I bet you even have a job that will let you take some time off, without docking your pay, to deal with various bureaucracies, and not having to worry if taking that time off would result in not being able to pay this months rent.

I haven't been carded for booze or smokes for over 30 years. I doubt that someone would card a wrinkled up old lady either. Most poor that I know, don't have much of a need for passports. I have no problem cashing checks, since my bank knows me or I can use the ATM. Ever drive through a poor neighborhood and see all those check cashing stores? For an exorbitant fee, they'll just accept a utility bill as identification. My mother didn't need to show ID when she applied for SS survivor benefits. She just had to sign the paper saying it was all true, and that if it wasn't it was punishable by law. She just told them her SS number, and they asked a few questions to verify identity, and all was cool. When I registered to vote, I just signed the form that everything I said was true under penalty of law. When I moved (twice), I just went down to the public library and filled out a new form or a change of address form. Nobody asked for any ID.

I bet you live out in the alienated burbs, where you don't really get to know your bankers, grocers, liquor store operators, like you do in most cities with real neighborhoods. Well lucky you and your good fortune. But your good fortune seems to jaded you that everyone is able to get to where you're at. That's just not the case.

The fact remains that 10% of Americans don't have IDs, and they're disproportionately poor, elderly, or disabled.

My God, you accurately portray everything Rush Limbaugh says about liberals......are you part of his show? How do you know she didnt work to get that lifestyle that YOU descrbie, she hasnt.

So you're a believer in "life's lottery" as he calls it....

So lets see

1) you think people are rich due to dumb luck and it's unfair
2)you're militant in you ideas and a zealot that whoever disagrees is a bigot, racist, sexist, homophobe
3)you're a hypocrit, since you excuse people breaking your own rules, as long as they agree with you

Yeah you are a cartoon of liberalism

Certainly. If Mitt were born in a poor HIV infected family in Niger, I doubt he'd have the financial success he's had. Yeah, who your born to is going to be the greatest determinant of the opportunities available to you, and thus expand or restrict the likelihood of success.

Would Donald Trump have been able to have a hair dresser that costs more than an average sized sedan, if he wasn't born into a family that was able to send him to Wharton and finance his first few failures?

You're a fucking idiot.

Why don't you post his constitutional scholarship credentials....wait....why don't YOU take us through the Constitutional argument as you see it?

Photo ID.....................An insurmountable challenge for liberals............

Pathetic excuses aside,
surely there is some qualified community organizer out there getting paid to help out these retrograde retards......................

More SSDD.

Not really. This one has the data to back them up.
Sure and I have no doubt people who disagree can get data back them up no one will change anyone's mind on this still I stand by my SSDD.

Why don't you post his constitutional scholarship credentials....wait....why don't YOU take us through the Constitutional argument as you see it?

He makes the constitutional argument pretty well. The law is a de facto poll tax imposed disproportionately on the poor, elderly, and disabled.

AMENDMENT XXIV

SECTION 1.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

The funny thing is that Robert's opinion in the Health Care ruling, i.e. claiming that a fee or penalty is still a tax would make it hard to dispute.

Last edited:

He makes the constitutional argument pretty well. The law is a de facto poll tax imposed disproportionately on the poor, elderly, and disabled.

AMENDMENT XXIV

SECTION 1.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

So........one shouldn't have to prove who one is in order to partake in this right.....gotcha....he makes no case at all except to those with a predisposition.

Great. From Bill's own post, does he have any idead how many 1in 10 voters are being suppressed from entering The Department of Justice or trying to qualify to go to a local school? Thank you, Bill, for apprising all of US about how much suppression is among US.

Bill Moyers "makes it clear"? Does the radical left really believe that Bill Moyers ever makes it clear? No wonder CNN is going under and taxpayers have to support the left wing propaganda of PBS.

AMENDMENT XXIV

SECTION 1.

So........one shouldn't have to prove who one is in order to partake in this right.....gotcha....he makes no case at all except to those with a predisposition.

Not if it's going to cost them a dime to do so.

16 year old teens are oppressed by not being allowed to walk into a bar or store and buy booze without an ID.

Granny is being oppressed when she has to show her ID card to check out a book at the library.

Black people are being oppressed when they have to show an ID to get on airplane owned by white people.

Blah, blah, blah

Forum List

Back