Bill Maher "Rich" Threads (Merged)

Because rich people should not have any freedom of speech?

There you go again being to stupid to read your OWN link. He made the statement the rich should be vilified if they complain. Are you like 6? He is EXACTLY what he is complaining about, a whiner and bitcher that happens to be rich and an entertainer that supports with his program leftwing groups, ideas and idiocy. He complains on EVERY show he makes. He attempts to vilify and complains he is vilified all the time.

I dun care if Maher is villified, RGS. But as it happens, I agree with him that (a) the tax increase that Bush set in place is minor (b) leaving an extra $700 Billion to the wealthiest Americans will not create jobs, stimulate the economy or keep Tinkerbelle alive.

Do you have a reply to that?

I personally do NOT support taxing people a HIGHER percentage because they can make more then others. Pretty simple concept. And whether you like it or not wealthy people ARE the ones that create most jobs in this Country. Or do you think poor people somehow start businesses?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the fucking libturds want to punish people who work hard and become successful. They seem to be lying whining sniveling jealous little twits and for some unknown reason think somebody owes them something. they can leave here the same way the came in naked. but no one owes them a goddamned thing.

Bill Maher is an unfunny sanctimonious liberoidal asshole. If I am channel surfing and come across his fucking show on Home Box, I hit the 'next channel' button with unprecedented speed. Seriously. His arrogant, smug, smirking face and his totally ass-backward liberal-retarded way of thinking make me feel like puking on him.

I wish Dennis Miller was still doing his own show.

MN0072697.gif

Still can't count huh? That Samba is more than one note. Unlike you. What are you? My "stalker"? You even fail at that. At least you're consistant.

Of course there's more than one note it it, same way you use more than the word "Republican"

But you're still a steady bleating metronome:

Republicans Evil
Republicans Evil
Republicans Evil
Republicans Evil

You said I said, "Republicans Evil" and I never said that once. You lie. You're dirty. Why couldn't I have a stalker who is either honest or interesting. I'm so unlucky.

Bill Maher is an unfunny sanctimonious liberoidal asshole. If I am channel surfing and come across his fucking show on Home Box, I hit the 'next channel' button with unprecedented speed. Seriously. His arrogant, smug, smirking face and his totally ass-backward liberal-retarded way of thinking make me feel like puking on him.

Dennis Miller is worse than Bill Maher and that's not saying much.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the fucking libturds want to punish people who work hard and become successful. They seem to be lying whining sniveling jealous little twits and for some unknown reason think somebody owes them something. they can leave here the same way the came in naked. but no one owes them a goddamned thing.

You won't be able to figure it out because it's not true.

The people being punished are Americans by Republicans. All of their policies are failures designed to hurt the middle class.

Unless hurting the middle class was the goal. Then, of course, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

The people being punished are Americans by Republicans. All of their policies are failures designed to hurt the middle class.

Unless hurting the middle class was the goal. Then, of course, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

So you fucking retard? Got your shrink and therapist all lined up for after the election?

Sure it's true. And you know it.

There you go again being to stupid to read your OWN link. He made the statement the rich should be vilified if they complain. Are you like 6? He is EXACTLY what he is complaining about, a whiner and bitcher that happens to be rich and an entertainer that supports with his program leftwing groups, ideas and idiocy. He complains on EVERY show he makes. He attempts to vilify and complains he is vilified all the time.

I dun care if Maher is villified, RGS. But as it happens, I agree with him that (a) the tax increase that Bush set in place is minor (b) leaving an extra $700 Billion to the wealthiest Americans will not create jobs, stimulate the economy or keep Tinkerbelle alive.

I personally do NOT support taxing people a HIGHER percentage because they can make more then others. Pretty simple concept. And whether you like it or not wealthy people ARE the ones that create most jobs in this Country. Or do you think poor people somehow start businesses?

Our income tax has been progressive since the day it was adopted, RGS. This debate is not about progressive rates. If the tax cuts are renewed, the rate schedule will still be progressive.

So I ask you again, why's this a good time to give $700 Billion to the wealthiest Americans? You do realize no respectable economist defends "trickle down economics" these days?

Here are a few facts to ponder, Willow:

* If no new law is adopted, the tax breaks will expire. Action is needed to "gift" this money to the wealthy; no one is proposing a tax increase.

* The nation has a Trillion Dollar deficit. It will take $ 500 Billion every year just to service the interest on that debt. (Assumes an interest rate of 5%.) Unless the US defaults on its debt, this money must be extracted from taxpayers. How much of this tab should your family pick up so that Steve Jobs isn't out another thousand or two, Willow?

* We have tried before cutting taxes on the wealthiest to stimulate the economy. It. Does. Not. Work. Oddly enough, wealthy people will not invest or consume with that extra dough so long as the economy is tanking.

Dennis Miller is worse than Bill Maher and that's not saying much.

I must not have any taste. I think both men are a hoot.

* If no new law is adopted, the tax breaks will expire. Action is needed to "gift" this money to the wealthy; no one is proposing a tax increase.

* The nation has a Trillion Dollar deficit. It will take $ 500 Billion every year just to service the interest on that debt. (Assumes an interest rate of 5%.) Unless the US defaults on its debt, this money must be extracted from taxpayers. How much of this tab should your family pick up so that Steve Jobs isn't out another thousand or two, Willow?

* We have tried before cutting taxes on the wealthiest to stimulate the economy. It. Does. Not. Work. Oddly enough, wealthy people will not invest or consume with that extra dough so long as the economy is tanking.

SIMPLE CONCEPT Taxation should not be based on how much money you make, it should be a flat rate adjusted for Poverty level ONLY. It is unacceptable to tax someone a higher percentage simply because he is capable of making more then you. The rich owe the Government no more of a percentage of their wealth then YOU do.

Bill Maher is a victim of his own ego. For some reason, he thinks he's smart. He is about as smart as Ben Stein.

On this weekends show, he had two lying conservatives and Bill was so ignorant, he didn't even know they were lying. All he had to ask was, "Where did you get your facts from?" and that would have shut them up.

Worse, he had that other idiot, Seth McFarland on who was even more stupid than him. They made the two conservatives look smart. And these two conservatives believe in magical creation.

Which leads to the "very worst'. Carl Sagan's widow was on. She is a respected and beloved "very old" lady, brilliant in her own right. Bill Maher, that turd, let these two conservatives shout and yell at Mrs. Sagan. It was a disgrace.

And they were saying the most ignorant things about scientists and science. The same things they say on this board that they insist they don't say.

It was his worst show ever. He should be ashamed. But his ego won't let him be.

At least Republcians have an excuse. They want to be ignorant. He pretends he isn't.

You started out so good... then you crashed and burned.

You don't like Bill because he failed to make conservatives look bad. Right there, that tells you all you need to know about Rdean, bigot to the mizax yo~

SIMPLE CONCEPT Taxation should not be based on how much money you make, it should be a flat rate adjusted for Poverty level ONLY. It is unacceptable to tax someone a higher percentage simply because he is capable of making more then you. The rich owe the Government no more of a percentage of their wealth then YOU do.

I agree with you, RGS, though not out of any moralistic POV. A flat tax is just so much plainer and is completely free of the bullshit riddling our current system. However, progressive rates are what we have. Do you feel the wealthy deserve a tax break at this point in time?

It is pretty simple. However, this country has always had a progressive tax system and it's worked out pretty well I'd say. The government isn't just going to change it now.

It is pretty simple. However, this country has always had a progressive tax system and it's worked out pretty well I'd say. The government isn't just going to change it now.

We already changed it just didn't make it permanent. Now Obama wants to change it back.

We already changed it just didn't make it permanent. Now Obama wants to change it back.

No, RGS. We have never had a flat tax.

» 2010 Federal Income Tax Brackets (IRS Tax Rates)

Wait what? Bush's tax cuts still would be categorized as a "progressive tax system." Obama just wants to raise the percentage from 35% to 39% for the folks who make 250K or more and even at 35% it's still a progressive system.

Our income tax has been progressive since the day it was adopted, RGS. This debate is not about progressive rates. If the tax cuts are renewed, the rate schedule will still be progressive.

So I ask you again, why's this a good time to give $700 Billion to the wealthiest Americans? You do realize no respectable economist defends "trickle down economics" these days?

"Economist" sounds suspiciously like "educated". Republicans don't like "educated". They are too, too, "elitist".

Forum List

Back