Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

What assertion? I don't even approve of Bush's handling of the war in regard to Iraq. I can easily see anyone actually trained in strategy and tactics not appreciating the way it's being conducted.

this assertion:

"If US military personnel did not support what we are doing in Iraq, it would be fairly common knowledge; especially, since the MSM would pounce on THAT story about as fast as they could."

and I join you in your informed and experienced opinion of the failure of this war's execution. The only thing we seem to disagree on is the issue of the wisdom of invading in the first place.

Like I said.... there may have been many "moral" reasons to depose Saddam, but there were many more important and pressing national security reasons related to our successful prosecution of the war on terror that argued for our leaving Saddam in power for what he could do.

i asked a simple question....what are your qualifications?

my qualifications to criticize the president are my status as a voting age US citizen. My qualifications to intelligently criticize the president is by nature of having more experience in the middle east than he has.

^----- Troop

Not insulted.

But Maher has it wrong though. The troops don't boo because troops don't boo the Commander in Chief. It's not our place to boo him. Even if we disagree with his actions or the Administartion's actions, we do not boo. We do what we do because we love this country and serve the citizens and Constitution of this country. And, since the Constitution designates the President as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, we maintain a modicum of appropriate respect for the rank. That's what we do.

bingo

oh come on thats a bunch of crap. There are a whole lot of people in the military because they had nowhere else to go. They did not sign up because they LOVE their country. They signed up because they needed a life. Somewhere to go and perhaps earn some respect and or a career. Some people may sign up solely because they love their country, but I doubt that their is a large percentage of those types.

I didn't sign up "solely because I loved my country", but I would not have signed up if I had not felt that way.

^----- Troop

Not insulted.

But Maher has it wrong though. The troops don't boo because troops don't boo the Commander in Chief. It's not our place to boo him. Even if we disagree with his actions or the Administartion's actions, we do not boo. We do what we do because we love this country and serve the citizens and Constitution of this country. And, since the Constitution designates the President as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, we maintain a modicum of appropriate respect for the rank. That's what we do.

Kerry calls them uneducated

Kerry calls the terrorists

Durbin compares them to Nazi's and Pol Pot

Kennedy says they are running torture chambers

Yes, Dems have a very low opinion of the US military and continues to express there true feelings about them

Kerry calls them uneducated

Kerry calls the terrorists

Durbin compares them to Nazi's and Pol Pot

Kennedy says they are running torture chambers

Yes, Dems have a very low opinion of the US military and continues to express there true feelings about them

Sigh.......more fact less right wing talking point parroting.....

Sigh.......more fact less right wing talking point parroting.....

“If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime—Pol Pot or others—that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.” Durbin

The Pasadena Star News yesterday reported on a rally for failing California Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Phil Angelides, at which John Kerry warned students in the audience that if they didn't get an education they would have no other alternative than to be forced into the US Armed Forces.

"Kerry then told the students that if they were able to navigate the education system, they could get comfortable jobs - 'If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq,' he said to a mixture of laughter and gasps."

''On March 19, 2004, President Bush asked, 'Who would prefer that Saddam's torture chambers still be open?' Shamefully, we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management - US management.''
Ted Kennedy

I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not.

John Kerry

oh come on thats a bunch of crap. There are a whole lot of people in the military because they had nowhere else to go. They did not sign up because they LOVE their country. They signed up because they needed a life. Somewhere to go and perhaps earn some respect and or a career. Some people may sign up solely because they love their country, but I doubt that their is a large percentage of those types.

And your experience in the matter is WHAT exactly?

Just like John Kerry - Tbor thinks are stupid and uneducated

this assertion:

"If US military personnel did not support what we are doing in Iraq, it would be fairly common knowledge; especially, since the MSM would pounce on THAT story about as fast as they could."

and I join you in your informed and experienced opinion of the failure of this war's execution. The only thing we seem to disagree on is the issue of the wisdom of invading in the first place.

Like I said.... there may have been many "moral" reasons to depose Saddam, but there were many more important and pressing national security reasons related to our successful prosecution of the war on terror that argued for our leaving Saddam in power for what he could do.

We don't disagree on the issue of the wisdom of invading in the first place. We disagree on whether or not, in our respective opinions, there was justification to invade.

IMO, the justification existed. IMO, the justification to invade did NOT trump the reasons we should not have invaded. The latter may, IMO supercede the former, but it does not negate it.

Not at all. Those are based on facts. First it's 'don't cut and paste' then it's no facts. Screw ya.

come on...they are not based upon facts....

kerry did not compare our TROOPS to terrorists.

Durbin did not compare our TROOPS to Nazis or Pol Pot.

Kennedy did not say that our TROOPS were running torture chambers.... that is simply the right playing fast and loose and intentionally stupid about the english language for political gain.....

you all should really be ashamed....or go back to school for a remedial english grammar class, one or the other.

Kennedy did not say that our TROOPS were running torture chambers.... that is simply the right playing fast and loose and intentionally stupid about the english language for political gain.....

you all should really be ashamed....or go back to school for a remedial english grammar class, one or the other.

Actually yes they did, indirectly and the message was given and received. Now they have to live with the response. Well actually they have been, since they said each statement.

once again for MM:

“If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime—Pol Pot or others—that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.” Durbin

The Pasadena Star News yesterday reported on a rally for failing California Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Phil Angelides, at which John Kerry warned students in the audience that if they didn't get an education they would have no other alternative than to be forced into the US Armed Forces.

"Kerry then told the students that if they were able to navigate the education system, they could get comfortable jobs - 'If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq,' he said to a mixture of laughter and gasps."

''On March 19, 2004, President Bush asked, 'Who would prefer that Saddam's torture chambers still be open?' Shamefully, we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management - US management.''
Ted Kennedy

I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not.

John Kerry

We don't disagree on the issue of the wisdom of invading in the first place. We disagree on whether or not, in our respective opinions, there was justification to invade.

IMO, the justification existed. IMO, the justification to invade did NOT trump the reasons we should not have invaded. The latter may, IMO supercede the former, but it does not negate it.

that really is like saying: given the fact that this alligator has previously eaten the arms of those who have taunted it in the past, I have justification to reach out and slap it across the nose as punishment for those past transgressions...even though better sense may dictate that such a move will cost me my arm and serve no other good purpose.... regardless of the fact that better sense, is, in fact, better sense.... I will still stand behind folks who chose to reach out and slap the alligator and did indeed lose their arms, because wise or not, the alligator had it coming.

Actually yes they did, indirectly and the message was given and received. Now they have to live with the response. Well actually they have been, since they said each statement.
actually...no they didn't......

the interpretations of their remarks, which the right has gleefully repeated ad infinitum for political gain may do so, but...consider the source of the interpretation.

actually...no they didn't......

the interpretations of their remarks, which the right has gleefully repeated ad infinitum may do so, but...consider the source.

Right. The Sources: Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy. Understood.

Right. The Sources: Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy. Understood.

come on...you are a teacher....you should be ashamed of your partisan hackery in this.... terrorize.... is not synonymous with terrorist.

either use the english language with precision or move on to pig-latin.

Forum List

Back