Bill Clinton: Hey, let’s have a Ministry of Truth, or something

Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are exceptions at FOX. So was Major Garrett until he left. And yeah..it's very hard to watch FOX without wanting to throw a shoe at the tv.

And while it's difficult to be unbiased..it's also difficult for humans to do a great many things that humans do quite well. And these skills are acquired through experience and training. It no longer seems to be a requirement to be a trained journalist for many of these outlets.

"Trained journalist" must be a liberal euphemism meaning "thoroughly brainwashed Marxist propagandist." The idea that the "trained journalist" in the "mainstream" news outlets are not biased doesn't pass the laugh test.

And as to Cronkite, it was one broadcast that he editorialized..and it was breaking with character. And it didn't end the Vietnam war..but it broke Johnson...who chose not to run for re-election and died shortly after entering private life.

Bias doesn't require a journalist to editorialize. They demonstrate their bias daily simply by choosing to broadcast some news and not to broadcast other news. I love those "man in the street interviews" where "journalist" manage to find 9 people out of 10 who oppose some issue even though the polls show that 80% of the public supports it, or visa versa. There are 1000 ways to exhibit bias without editorializing.

Well I hope your first point holds up when you need a tooth pullled or some medical procedure and you shun the "Marxist Propagandist" that went to school to learn those professions.:lol:

Lordy, lordy, just look at the 'expanding economy' that we inherited from the GOP from 2001 to 2009. Yep, a Republican Executive, House, and Senate, and we will see the Second Great Republican Depression. They damn near managed it a couple of years ago.

Uh, you'll have to excuse me, nimrod, but we got a Democrat House and Senate in 2007.

Lordy, lordy, just look at the 'expanding economy' that we inherited from the GOP from 2001 to 2009. Yep, a Republican Executive, House, and Senate, and we will see the Second Great Republican Depression. They damn near managed it a couple of years ago.

Uh, you'll have to excuse me, nimrod, but we got a Democrat House and Senate in 2007.

Presidents write the budgets.:doubt:

Ed Morrissey nails it as per usual. "We have free speech primarily to hold government accountable, not the Internet."
Obviously.....

May 14, 2011

"Police issued a press release with Lanigan’s booking photo and home address, and the school district sent home a letter about his arrest. TV trucks descended on the school and his neighborhood, and Lanigan’s reputation took a lasting beating.

Even today, the first thing that comes up in a Google search of Sean Lanigan is a Web site called “Bad Bad Teacher”.

Presidents Don’t Set Budgets; Congresses Do

In spite of everything, I'd love to have another 8 years with an explosively expanding economy, no foreign wars and reduced deficits.

If you can refer me to a place to get some good head examination, I will be pleased to get some good head examination.

Then you must want a Republican House and a Republican Senate.

remind us when clinton became a republican, please.

Presidents Don’t Set Budgets; Congresses Do

President write budgets..they go through congress and either get approved or not. But ultimately the President signs off on it.

And what's the new conservative meme? That the budget was balanced up until 2007? Really? With 2 wars, a huge tax cut, a new entitlement program, a brand new government department? Seriously?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys are hilarious.

President write budgets..they go through congress and either get approved or not. But ultimately the President signs off on it.

And what's the new conservative meme? That the budget was balanced up until 2007? Really? With 2 wars, a huge tax cut, a new entitlement program, a brand new government department? Seriously?

You guys are hilarious.
who says they were balanced in 2007?

You guys are hilarious.

It's sorta insinuated in post 42..but I've seen in other threads that "suddenly" things went to heck in 2007.

You guys are hilarious.

It's sorta insinuated in post 42..but I've seen in other threads that "suddenly" things went to heck in 2007.

well they did start to go to heck in 2007 if we're talking about the banks, but I think it had very little to do with who was in power.

and post #42 was a rebuttal to rocks saying the republicans caused the meltdown simply because they happened to be in power.

well they did start to go to heck in 2007 if we're talking about the banks, but I think it had very little to do with who was in power.

They were going to heck far earlier then that. It only started to bubble up around 2007.

You can thank John Thane for that one.:doubt:

Pretty stupid stuff. More Government? Yea because that's exactly what this country needs. God i'm so sick of the Clintons.

A stupid idea from a very stupid and immoral man. Anybody who defends Bill Clinton needs to have their head examined.

Which moral standard are you going by to make such a claim?

If you are holding a standard of Bill Clinton vs. Conservative politicians..he holds up rather well with all but Eisenhower.

Eisenhower, the last Republican President who left office with a balanced budget. Promoted a 90% tax rate for the richest Americans. And it worked. No one can say it didn't. Not even the right wing fruit loons.

Your consistent ability to completely ignore context and facts is impressive. Seriously.

You guys are hilarious.

The deficit in 2007 was $146 billion. What is it now?

"From such an unimpeachable source, too!"

Bill Clinton: Hey, let’s have a Ministry of Truth, or something « Hot Air

Everywhere else but Washington, this would qualify as high irony. In the Beltway, however, it only qualifies as another pathetic attack on free speech. Bill Clinton attacked free speech on the Internet yesterday, telling CNBC that it would be “legitimate” for the government to create an agency to discredit political arguments and quash Internet rumors:

Bill Clinton: Create Internet agency - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Bill Clinton doesn’t like all the misinformation and rumors floating on the Internet. And he thinks the United Nations or the U.S. government should create an agency to do something about it.

“It would be a legitimate thing to do,” Clinton said in an interview airing Friday on CNBC.

The agency, Clinton said, would “have to be totally transparent about where the money came from” and would have to be “independent” because “if it’s a government agency in a traditional sense, it would have no credibility whatever, particularly with a lot of the people who are most active on the internet.”

Ed Morrissey nails it as per usual. "We have free speech primarily to hold government accountable, not the Internet." Also as per usual... Bill Clinton has the bass-ackwards view. (and a near fatal case of hypocrisy fever) Hey Billy Jeff! Don't go away mad, just go away.

:lol:

sounds like that republican bitch that wanted to give everyone a loyalty test .

Fry that chicken...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM]YouTube - Ms. Peachez - Fry That Chicken[/ame]

Forum List

Back