Bill Clinton didn't serve!

Wry? Have you hooked up with Fluke yet?

Aucun je n'ai pas. I' ; le VE marié pour 37 années et AM pas une fraude.

Need help with the translation dirt bag? As Romney hid out in France, I was on patrol in the Pacific and you - oh yeah, you're a chicken hawk who never served our country.
Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

Degree of difficulty: You have to use the same standards you apply to conservatives.

Remember when conservatives pointed out that President Clinton didn't serve during the Vietnam conflict? Remember how the conservatives derided President Clinton for accepting a Rhodes Scholarship and going to England instead of protecting America from the falling dominoes in SE Asia?

Remember how conservatives scorned Sen. Al Gore for his service in Vietnam as a photographer? Remember how conservatives lambasted Sen. Kerry whose service in Vietnam earned him a Purple Heart?

Now it's our turn.

Guess where Gov. Romney spent three years during the Vietnam Conflict.

Hints to follow.

You lefties missed the point as usual. The liberal media not only covered up Clinton's border line criminal draft evasion they covered up his serial abuse of women including credible allegations of class A felony rape. Al Gore couldn't take the pressure of the typewriter corps and convinced the Chaplain ...sob...sob that he needed to get out of Vietnam early so he could enter the Seminary. It was a lie of course. Nobody would have analyzed Kerry's self recommended Silver Star if he didn't use it for political purposes. It didn't hold up and neither did his self recommended Purple Hearts.

"Liberal" media? The fact that they even gave some kook "celebrity chaser', like Anita Broderick, air time, proves they aren't that. They also seem to not give George HW Bush's sleep overs in with his secretary in a cabin in the woods equal time. Or McCain's many affairs with aides. Or Gingrich's affair with an aide while his wife was dying with cancer.

Al Gore served, So did Kerry..who Republicans, lambasted, in a disgusting display with little purple heart bandages during the convention. They made of mockery of the blood he shed from this country. He still carries the Shrapnel from one of the injuries in his leg, Swift boat lies, aside. I never seen such a display of Anti-Americanism in my life.

It's generally when people like George W. Bush and Willard Mitt Romney run..that all of a sudden..service isn't so important. Same with when Democrats become President. Suddenly they become doves about war and hawks about the deficit.

Last edited:

Need help with the translation dirt bag? As Romney hid out in France, I was on patrol in the Pacific and you - oh yeah, you're a chicken hawk who never served our country.
Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

Degree of difficulty: You have to use the same standards you apply to conservatives.

Funny thing too..those wars Obama started..ended quickly..achieved all the victory goals and didn't cost any American lives.

You know..much like the "Clinton Wars"..

The Balkans was a big success.

Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

He was never asked to. A proper chickenhawk has to have actively avoided military service. To be really on-target with the appellation, he has to have approved of the very war in which he avoided service. In fact, it may be the term can't properly apply to anyone who came of age since we stopped drafting.

George W. Bush is a chickenhawk. Bill Clinton is not; he's a chickendove (if there is such a thing). Barack Obama is neither. I don't know Romney's views on Vietnam, but he's old enough to be a chickenhawk and fulfills at least one of the criteria.

If we were going to apply the label to any president who commands in war while never having served, we'd have to condemn Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:
Remember when conservatives pointed out that President Clinton didn't serve during the Vietnam conflict? Remember how the conservatives derided President Clinton for accepting a Rhodes Scholarship and going to England instead of protecting America from the falling dominoes in SE Asia?

Remember how conservatives scorned Sen. Al Gore for his service in Vietnam as a photographer? Remember how conservatives lambasted Sen. Kerry whose service in Vietnam earned him a Purple Heart?

Now it's our turn.

Hints to follow.

From Bill Clinton's letter to Colonel Holmes....
"Because of my opposition to the draft and the war, I am in great sympathy with those who are not willing to fight, kill, and maybe die for their country,..."
Bill Clinton's Draft Letter | The Clinton Years | FRONTLINE | PBS

Please provide the letter sent by Governor Romney with the above sentiments....

Oh, he never wrote such a letter?
Didn't harbor the above sentiments?

Carry on.

Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

There was no obligation to serve at the time Obama turned 18, there was for me and Romney and Paul, and Gore and Clinton and Cheney. Clinton was criticize by the right, Cheney and Romney are getting a pass.

So the standard is different, Caveman (I luv that moniker, it fits you well).

This is, I believe, about Clinton and Romney....

...certainly not about you. I appreciate your service to this great nation.

For you:
C'est pour loiauté maintenir

Please provide the letter sent by Governor Romney with the above sentiments....

And make sure it's on exactly the same type of paper, and typed with an identical typewriter, too . . . evidence that is merely identical in meaning will not do, it must match ALL THE DETAILS EXACTLY. ;)

Last edited:
Pretty lame dude, but run with it if you want to. I looked it up, Romney was in school at BYU and did a mission to France in 1969 or thereabouts, which every Mormon apparently does.

The thing you said about curiousity, do you think your worldview is just a little bit biased?

Of course; do you think yours are objective?

Pretty lame dude, but run with it if you want to. I looked it up, Romney was in school at BYU and did a mission to France in 1969 or thereabouts, which every Mormon apparently does.

The thing you said about curiousity, do you think your worldview is just a little bit biased?

I try to be. I rarely take shots like this against the lib/dems when I know damn well the repubs are also human and just as guilty of hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I try to be. I rarely take shots like this against the lib/dems when I know damn well the repubs are also human and just as guilty of hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I am honest and try to avoid hypocrisy, but sarcasm, as this thread was supposed to be, has its place. It's not about Romney, or Clinton; it's about how the right lambasted Clinton for his deferments and how they excused Cheney for his. It is about hypocrisy. I don't care that Romney never served, that's not a necessary requirement for someone to be a successful POTUS.

I am honest and try to avoid hypocrisy, but sarcasm, as this thread was supposed to be, has its place. It's not about Romney, or Clinton; it's about how the right lambasted Clinton for his deferments and how they excused Cheney for his. It is about hypocrisy. I don't care that Romney never served, that's not a necessary requirement for someone to be a successful POTUS.

"I am honest...."
" it's about how the right lambasted Clinton for his deferments and how they excused Cheney for his."

And you just recognized this phenomenon?

Honest, just not particularly smart....

Sarcasm against all pols for being hypocrites is one thing, but when both parties are guilty of doing the same thing but you only blast one side, that leaves you open to criticism for being unfair. You're obviously entitled to say what you think or feel, and that's fine. But it's too bad people around here aren't more even-handed about it. Kinda destroys their credibility and makes them look like ideologues rather than serious posters.

Now it's our turn.

Hints to follow.

No, no, no, no.

People, on both sides, pointed out that Clinton would be the first president in decades who had not served in the military. What I remember about the Clinton service discussion was a lot less vitriolic than the Bush one where CBS actually faked records to make him look bad.

The only thing I really recall about Gore was his claim that politics prevented him from going to Vietnam even though he volunteered to serve. It seems he thought that someone didn't want his father to get mileage from him being in "Nam, so they kept him stateside. It turned out to be more indicative of the fact that Gore thought the world revolved around him than the truth.

Kerry got attacked by vets who objected to him lying about what happened in Vietnam. He actually testified that war crimes happened every day, and that he, personally, had witnessed multiple instances of them They weren't attacking his record, they were defending theirs.

As for Romney, he was in Stanford doing missionary work and protesting in favor of the war and the draft.

article-2083002-0F5B49EB00000578-536_634x495.jpg

article-2083002-0F5B49EB00000578-96_306x371.jpg

Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

Funny thing too..those wars Obama started..ended quickly..achieved all the victory goals and didn't cost any American lives.

You know..much like the "Clinton Wars"..

The Balkans was a big success.
So, we'll just put your answer down as "Weaseling out of the question".

Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

He was never asked to. A proper chickenhawk has to have actively avoided military service. To be really on-target with the appellation, he has to have approved of the very war in which he avoided service. In fact, it may be the term can't properly apply to anyone who came of age since we stopped drafting.

George W. Bush is a chickenhawk. Bill Clinton is not; he's a chickendove (if there is such a thing). Barack Obama is neither. I don't know Romney's views on Vietnam, but he's old enough to be a chickenhawk and fulfills at least one of the criteria.

If we were going to apply the label to any president who commands in war while never having served, we'd have to condemn Abraham Lincoln.
:lol: I knew it. It's different. Somehow. It just is.

Obama has started wars.

He never served.

Is Obama a chickenhawk?

There was no obligation to serve at the time Obama turned 18, there was for me and Romney and Paul, and Gore and Clinton and Cheney. Clinton was criticize by the right, Cheney and Romney are getting a pass.

So the standard is different...
Of course it is. It always is.
Caveman (I luv that moniker, it fits you well).
Pompous Blowhard suits you.

Forum List

Back