Bigggg deposits of lithium discovered in Maine and Oregon/Nevada since 2021.

FYI- Part of the owner's property is already being mined for granite and quartz I believe, and that's how they found the extremely rich vein of lithium....

they are environmentally conscious up here...

mainly because Maine's economy relies on vacationers, tourism, campers, hunters, fisherman, summer home owners...

We have a little over 1 million Mainers living here, with nearing 40 million visitors a year....all business relies on those coming to see our beauty and eat our seafood and lobster! ! It's all we really have... So, it is important to protect it for near everyone living here.

However, from what I have read, although metal, lithium runs in clean veins without sulphur or iron needing removal, so our waters would not be poisoned....

the owner's of the property are seniors, and just fine and comfortable financially and don't know that they want the hassle of trying to get govt permission to extract it....

Maine: The way life should be!
Never been there - but from movies and TV docs it does look beautiful. My neighbor is from Maine, and keeps telling me about those lobsters. :)
BTW, operating a granite or quartz quarry is not comparable with e.g. mining and processing Lithium, neither from the point of investment nor processing and environmental issues.

Yup, the left likes their lithium mined by children in China.
You spelled USA wrongly

in 2022, more than 100 kids across several McDonald's locations in Pennsylvania were illegally scheduled to work too many hours or too late at night. Subway, Burger King and Popeyes restaurants in South Carolina were fined for similar violations in 2022.

This month, Packers Sanitation Services paid a $1.5 million fine for employing 102 children to work in dangerous meatpacking facility jobs across eight states. Last summer, Reuters revealed that children as young as 12 — many of whom were migrants — were hired to work in a metal shop owned by Hyundai.

Recycle in the US the lithium already obtained by the ChiComs from their exploiting of child labor (communist pedophilia fronting as capitalism). Do not give it or sell it back to the ChiComs.

Limited US lithium mining (excluding Maine) would then have a less Biden-esque future if handled responsibly.
China provides around 7% of the present Lithium global demand - Argentina, SA and Chile account for more then 50%, so go and talk to those main suppliers of yours first, and Lithium isn't just used for EV's - that factually, you don't give a shit about child-labor as such is obvious.

After a continuous decline, it has been on a continuous rise in the USA since 2015!!! so much for your St. Donald.

ClU.png

China provides around 7% of the present Lithium global demand - Argentina, SA and Chile account for more then 50%, so go and talk to those main suppliers of yours first, and Lithium isn't just used for EV's - that factually, you don't give a shit about child-labor as such is obvious.

After a continuous decline, it has been on a continuous rise in the USA since 2015!!! so much for your St. Donald.

View attachment 829001
We (Boebert included) do not like Chinese Communist pedophiles.

Never been there - but from movies and TV docs it does look beautiful. My neighbor is from Maine, and keeps telling me about those lobsters. :)
BTW, operating a granite or quartz quarry is not comparable with e.g. mining and processing Lithium, neither from the point of investment nor processing and environmental issues.
I don't know anything about lithium or the mining process other than below a layman's level...

I just trust our government up here right now.... enough so....to do the right thing in the end for Maine, the Nation, and all people involved....

When we first moved to New England from Florida, we went to Massachusetts and at the restaurant in the hotel the company that hired me was putting up me and the hubby at....had a special every Friday night of Twin Lobster for $9.99, with baked potato, corn on the cob, house salad, and fresh rolls and a choice of desert. I gained 10 lbs in the 8 weeks we stayed there.... of course, every meal was at a restaurant during that period so that put the pounds on!

It took 8 months after buying our house and moving in before losing the 10lbs!

8 weeks to gain it,

8 months to lose it!!!! :eek:

In Maine, when we first got here, 17 years ago, we could buy Maine Lobster at the Lobster shack nearby, for $2.50 to $3 a one pound lobster!! And the Shack would steam them for you! We did takeout once a week all summer long!

Now they are really high, for Maine, and are $8.50 a pound from the local grocery store who also will steam them for you, but the Lobster Shack is a dollar more!

It was like we had died and had gone to Heaven on Earth when we finally moved to Maine! We have more contact with our wild Animal friends than people friends on a daily basis, and that's fine by us! :)

A Chinese lithium boycott will include US lithium recycling with organisms such as Acidothiobacillus ferrooxidans. There are others that can tackle the PFAS problem, because they can break a particular chemical bond in the PFAS: Desulfovibrio aminophilus and Sporomusa sphaeroides:

21 Nov 2023
'....exploring bacteria to tackle issues of microplastics and PFAS....Redwood Materials.'

Redwood Materials is already perched in Nevada to take advantage of the proximity to the McDermitt lithium deposits.

Forum List

Back