Biggest state ballot issue of the day - Louisiana considers making firearms legal!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
This is on our ballot today!

Do you support an amendment to the Constitution of the State of
Louisiana to provide that the right to keep and bear arms is a
fundamental right and any restriction of that right requires the
highest standard of review by a court?

I'm proud to say I live in a state that is about to make owning guns legal!

For centuries we've been downtrodden by an oppressive state government that has prevented citizens from owning firearms, but now the PEOPLE of Louisiana have a chance to stand up - and LEAD THE NATION - in the struggle for gun ownership rights.

There's even rumors that if this ballot is successful, the Congress may consider amending the U.S. Constitution to make it a right to have a gun!

For centuries we've been downtrodden by an oppressive state government that has prevented citizens from owning firearms, but now the PEOPLE of Louisiana have a chance to stand up - and LEAD THE NATION - in the struggle for gun ownership rights.

There's even rumors that if this ballot is successful, the Congress may consider amending the U.S. Constitution to make it a right to have a gun!

I suggest you have that amendment read by the NRA legal department for absolute clarification.

Wouldn't that be amazing. You'll have to keep us up to date on the vote. That would be awesome.

Louisiana is top ten in my favorite states. I got my foundation sire and bitch from the tree.

Your state has to be one of the best. And apart from dogs, we are talking food. I just kissed my meat manager at the Superstore. And so did my husband.

:D

They finally got around to stocking andouille. YAY. I don't have to shoot up sausages any more.

I got the real deal. :lol:

Last edited:
Well the people in New York may want guns since all the looters and thugs have them, but the people getting robbed have to use rakes, hoes, and other bullshit...thank you liberals for making citizens, sitting ducks.

Great. Now anybody in Louisana can have a twin .50, and set it up under the approach to a major airport.
Name one crime in the USA that was committed with a "twin .50". You can't.

Yet I can name many crimes that were committed The Military under the UN Flag with much more powerful weapons. But you're ok with that aren't you?

Did you know that Gun Groups were established after the Civil War as a way to educate free Blacks about the use of firearms as defense against roving bands of Whites who wanted to string them up?

ok, color me confused.

Louisiana Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Louisiana?

NRA-ILA | Louisiana

It's already legal to own firearms in Louisiana.

Did I miss sarcasm or an inside joke???

The ammendment is to make sure that if a gun control law is passed, should it get to the Louisiana Supreme Court the burden is on the State to prove under the highest legal standards that the law was ABSOLUTELY necessary for public safety and no other law would do.

It's to make it harder to pass gun control laws, pure and simple.

ok, color me confused.

NRA-ILA | Louisiana

The ammendment is to make sure that if a gun control law is passed, should it get to the Louisiana Supreme Court the burden is on the State to prove under the highest legal standards that the law was ABSOLUTELY necessary for public safety and no other law would do.

Ahhhh... I see. TY.

I am a card carrying NRA member. I strongly believe we have the right to keep and bear arms. However, that being said, I have no problem with reasonable measures to ensure public safety and such, and I do not think I need to be able to buy 87 uzi's and a rocket launcher for hunting or personal protection.

Great. Now anybody in Louisana can have a twin .50, and set it up under the approach to a major airport.

Great. Now anybody in Louisiana can stop someone from setting up a twin .50 at an approach to a major airport... Even though nobody has ever set up a twin .50 to commit any crime before. You fear mongering anti gun nuts are seriously deranged... You want to brush aside everyone's Freedoms so you can sleep at night... You must be a real coward to be afraid that someone who has a gun is out to get you. Get a fucking grip, your nightlight will be enough to protect you from law abiding citizens with guns crybaby.

ok, color me confused.

NRA-ILA | Louisiana

Doesn't make it harder to pass them at all. The Louisiana legislature is full of gun toting Republicans. That's as hard as it gets.

If it doesn't pass everyone in Louisiana needs to take their guns and dump them in a lake, or river if a lake is not convenient.

When all is said and done can we talk food?

And a little bit about dogs. I love Louisiana. I was supposed to be in Ponchatoula when Katrina hit.

My breeders were out of there. Well Sherri had moved over to Lumberton ( mississippi people) because she was breeding horses too, but my bitches breeder was still in Ponchatoula.

I've spent a lot of time in your great state. It rocks.

I can never spell it right. :lol: let me fix Ponchatoula.

I think I've got it.

Last edited:

If it doesn't pass everyone in Louisiana needs to take their guns and dump them in a lake, or river if a lake is not convenient.

Nah just move to Winnfield. :lol: Tell people your last name is Long.

Forum List

Back