Biggest Bullshit Story Today

Shit man, white people were enslaved at the SAME TIME in africa when slavery was going on here.

Oh no I don't think so.
Europeans did go to Africa to fuck with the culture and how it worked --- I'm not aware of Africans sailing to Europe to do the same thing.

This video sums up the history fairly well I think --- especially for a five-minute summary.

barbury slave trade doesnt ring a bell? Muslims and africans raiding european coastal villages and selling them all over the world? Mostly to Brazil to work in the sugar cane fields? Or confiscating American ships and selling Americans on the slave market?

Shit man, white people were enslaved at the SAME TIME in africa when slavery was going on here.

Oh no I don't think so.
Europeans did go to Africa to fuck with the culture and how it worked --- I'm not aware of Africans sailing to Europe to do the same thing.

This video sums up the history fairly well I think --- especially for a five-minute summary.

barbury slave trade doesnt ring a bell? Muslims and africans raiding european coastal villages and selling them all over the world? Mostly to Brazil to work in the sugar cane fields? Or confiscating American ships and selling Americans on the slave market?

You want to conflate "slavery" with "piracy"? Shaky ground my friend.

Brazil got its slaves primarily from Angola, being a shorter route. The word "samba" in fact comes from there (semba, describing a dance and rhythm native to there). Pulling slaves from the Mediterranean would have been way longer.

This is also related to my query to a previous poster as to why he proposed sending the student in the OP to "Kenya". Kenya is East Africa. Slaves sent to the Americas didn't come from that far inland. Would have been highly impractical. They came from, in the northern case, Yorubaland and Togo and that area --- the western edge of the continent. I suspect the poster saw his own ignorance on the point and that's why he ran away.

So no, while piracy had always been going on I'm still not aware of African national powers coming in to Europe and disrupting its entire social structures, as is spelled out in that video I gave you.

Last edited:

Oh no I don't think so.

Brazil got its slaves primarily from Angola, being a shorter route. The word "samba" in fact comes from there (semba, describing a dance and rhythm native to there). Pulling slaves from the Mediterranean would have been way longer.

So no, while piracy had always been going on I'm still not aware of African national powers coming in to Europe and disrupting its entire social structures, as is spelled out in that video I gave you.

Ahhh, so we will spin that to just being piracy for the sake of your argument. Nevermind how they sold millions upon millions of people all over the world. Nevermind that were raiding FOR slaves.
Boy, those muslims and Africans LOVED to sell slaves. Even if they were their fellow tribesman. Lets just ignore that too.
FUCKING AMERICANS, THEY RUINED THE WORLD. THE WORLD WAS PERFECT BEFORE AMERICA.
:)

Oh no I don't think so.

Ahhh, so we will spin that to just being piracy for the sake of your argument. Nevermind how they sold millions upon millions of people all over the world. Nevermind that were raiding FOR slaves.
Boy, those muslims and Africans LOVED to sell slaves. Even if they were their fellow tribesman. Lets just ignore that too.

If you say so. :dunno: Here I thought we were talking about "Europeans". "Americans" didn't exist as a national entity until 250 years after African transatlantic slavery was entrenched. Of course if you mean "Americans" as an ethnic group, whelp they were pretty much wiped out by --- oh look --- Europeans. Columbus tried to enslave some. Didn't work out real well. Nice guy Columbus --- sending natives out to look for gold, in places where there was no gold --- and then cutting off their hands when they returned without it.

Link to your numbers?

Oh no I don't think so.

If you say so. :dunno: Here I thought we were talking about "Europeans". "Americans" didn't exist as a national entity until 250 years after African transatlantic slavery was entrenched. Of course if you mean "Americans" as an ethnic group, whelp they were pretty much wiped out by --- oh look --- Europeans. Columbus tried to enslave some. Didn't work out real well. Nice guy Columbus --- sending natives out to look for gold, in places where there was no gold --- and then cutting off their hands when they returned without it.

Link to your numbers?

Damn dude, sometimes you can be so smart. but if you start to lose an argument, you go full retard.

Oh no I don't think so.

Link to your numbers?

Damn dude, sometimes you can be so smart. but if you start to lose an argument, you go full retard.

Hey -- you brought up "Americans". I didn't.

So why did you rate post 22 "funny"? I gave specifics about slave transport routes --- how is that "funny"?

OK well I take it "funny" is emoticonese for "oh I didn't know that". Very well then.

I'm a descendant of Loyalists whose land was confiscated by rebels in the 1770s, causing my ancestors to flee to Canada and loss of my family's land. Therefore, American taxpayers owe me millions of dollars.

Okay that didn't really happen, but it did happen to some Canadians, and I'm a Canadian, so you should pay me anyways.

Direct deposit would be fine, but no PayPal.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

OK well I take it "funny" is emoticonese for "oh I didn't know that". Very well then.
The whole thread is about america pogo. Goddamn
Who was the biggest contributor of the atlantic slave trade? America
What were you talking about? America and the slave trade
Why did i say that in the last line of my post? BEcause you are trying to spin world history to fit your agenda. The atlantic slave trade was NOTHING special. It was a common occurrence for our species for millennia
You focus on one fuckign word becauyse you lost in substance. Get over it dude. You cant win them all.

I'm a descendant of Loyalists whose land was confiscated by rebels in the 1770s, causing my ancestors to flee to Canada and loss of my family's land. Therefore, American taxpayers owe me millions of dollars.

Okay that didn't really happen, but it did happen to some Canadians, and I'm a Canadian, so you should pay me anyways.

Thanks

OK account and routing number? :D

Why did i say that in the last line of my post? BEcause you are trying to spin world history to fit your agenda. The atlantic slave trade was NOTHING special. It was a common occurrence for our species for millennia
You focus on one fuckign word becauyse you lost in substance. Get over it dude. You cant win them all.

"America" comprises two continents. Sometimes we gloss over that in shorthanding the name of our own country but in this case, since you bring up "America and the slave trade" --- it absolutely applies to North, South, Central and Caribbean "America".

You brought up Brazil --- which imported more slaves than any other country including (what is now) the US (almost five million brought there) and that began even before the first Africans were brought to what is now the US in the 1530s (by Spanish merchants).

That's just Brazil alone, then there's Hispaniola. And Jamaica. And the Antilles, and Venezuela and Colombia and Belize and Jamaica and Cuba etc etc etc. Slavery went a whole lot farther than what is now this country's national border --- don't be myopic.

ALL of those countries, and more, received an influx of Africans. All of them have to address whatever legacy that gave them. "America" (as in the US) didn't do that. For 90% of that period, the US didn't even exist. European economics and colonialism did that.

But NO absolutely NOT, the African slave trade, meaning human trafficking across the Atlantic ocean, was absolutely NOT a "common occurrence" before that. It had never happened before. That's my whole point.

Last edited:

Thanks

Toro
USA

It will get to me. Trust me.

Thanks

Toro
USA

It will get to me. Trust me.

Harley --- be sure to write the return address on the envelope as "The Prince -- Nigeria"

"America" comprises two continents. Sometimes we gloss over that in shorthanding the name of our own country but in this case, since you bring up "America and the slave trade" --- it absolutely applies to North, South, Central and Caribbean "America".

You brought up Brazil --- which imported more slaves than any other country including (what is now) the US (almost five million brought there) and that began even before the first Africans were brought to what is now the US in the 1530s (by Spanish merchants).

That's just Brazil alone, then there's Hispaniola. And Jamaica. And the Antilles, and Venezuela and Colombia and Belize and Jamaica and Cuba etc etc etc. Slavery went a whole lot farther than what is now this country's national border --- don't be myopic.

ALL of those countries, and more, received an influx of Africans. All of them have to address whatever legacy that gave them. "America" (as in the US) didn't do that. For 90% of that period, the US didn't even exist. European economics and colonialism did that.

But NO absolutely NOT, the African slave trade, meaning human trafficking across the Atlantic ocean, was absolutely NOT a "common occurrence" before that. It had never happened before. That's my whole point.

Once again I get a "funny" for a comprehensive historical context.

Please to essplain to the class how the practice of transporting millions of Africans to the Americas to be worked like cattle may be described as "funny".

TIA.

I am more then willing to pay her way to Kenya so she can be free.

"Kenya"?

Why Kenya?
It's better that barbieYA. No reparations. To hell with all of them.

Bwahaha, great joke for those who play with dolls I guess.
I want to know why the poster specifically chose Kenya.
Just the first African country to come to mind, that is all.

That's interesting. So you have no idea where Kenya is within Africa, eh?

Do you know the word funk comes from Yoruba? Which is nowhere near Kenya?

I am more then willing to pay her way to Kenya so she can be free.

"Kenya"?

Why Kenya?

All I know is Kenya is where Obama claimed to be born until it no longer fit his political agenda. And actually it wasn't the first to come to mind, it was the first to come to mind that I knew would make some liberals ears to perk up.

"Kenya"?

Why Kenya?

All I know is Kenya is where Obama claimed to be born until it no longer fit his political agenda. And actually it wasn't the first to come to mind, it was the first to come to mind that I knew would make some liberals ears to perk up.

But if the student in question is descended from slaves, sending her to Kenya would make no more sense than sending her to Madagascar. We didn't get slaves from Kenya. Just as if, say, your heritage is from Ireland and you got sent "back" to Latvia simply because they're both "Europe". Totally different language, totally different culture.

Can you next time define the BS...it is not as apparent to some of us as it is to you. However, as they say....it takes a BSer to know BS.

That having been said, it is rather ironic to hold the idea that this is a racist nation while also holding out the idea and or hope of reparations. I mean.....truly racist nation would reject racism out of hand, without regards to merit or need.

Forum List

Back