Big Gun Reform Idea From 2020 Democrats

In a licensing — or “permit to purchase” — system, nobody could buy a gun without first getting some kind of card or certificate (in other words, a license) from local or state authorities. And to get that license, a potential buyer would have to satisfy a few conditions, like completing a firearms safety course and submitting fingerprints.

Unconstitutional.

Here's The Big Gun Reform Idea Getting Attention From 2020 Democrats | HuffPost

What is unconstitutional about meeting a few conditions?
These particular conditions infringe on the rights protected by the second amendment, A right cannot be licensed,

Sure it can if it falls under reasonable regulation.
No it cannot.

It is very simple a right is something that cannot be licensed

[Q

Where exactly is the right to bear arms specifically granted, or even defined? It says that right cannot be infringed, but it doesn't grant a specific general right to bear arms, and certainly not for every person. How are the two situations materially different?

My god you Moon Bats are absolutely morons. Then you idiots wonder why we ridicule you so much.

You are just as ignorant of the Constitution as you are ignorant of History, Economics, Climate Science, Ethics and Biology.

OK, so educate me. Show me where in the constitution the right to bear arms is any more important or protected than the right to vote. One right wing idiot even said the right to vote wasn't even in there,

And one Left wing idiot failed to produce the relevant constitutional text to prove the existence of said right.

Last edited:
The test for the commie left is whether they will accept the licensing as sufficient to remove all other restrictions, like those imposed by the Hughes Amendment.

My experience has been that it is nothing more than another way to fuck Americans out of an inalienable right.

So, I agree that we will hang every leftist from any tree available before we allow this to happen. Never gonna happen!!!!

In a licensing — or “permit to purchase” — system, nobody could buy a gun without first getting some kind of card or certificate (in other words, a license) from local or state authorities. And to get that license, a potential buyer would have to satisfy a few conditions, like completing a firearms safety course and submitting fingerprints.

Unconstitutional.

If you have to ask you're part of the problem.

If you can't answer the question, you're full of shit.

[Q

Where exactly is the right to bear arms specifically granted, or even defined? It says that right cannot be infringed, but it doesn't grant a specific general right to bear arms, and certainly not for every person. How are the two situations materially different?

My god you Moon Bats are absolutely morons. Then you idiots wonder why we ridicule you so much.

You are just as ignorant of the Constitution as you are ignorant of History, Economics, Climate Science, Ethics and Biology.

OK, so educate me. Show me where in the constitution the right to bear arms is any more important or protected than the right to vote. One right wing idiot even said the right to vote wasn't even in there,
"Shall not be infringed" comes to mind.

The constitution also says the right to vote will not be denied. How is one more important than the other?

Unconstitutional.

Lol
I would go as far to say that’s treasonous to implement some type of fucked up Law like that.

The motherfuckers are gonna have a very rude awakening if they try that Spineless shit...

Unconstitutional.

It negates something being a right, next!

So you are against requiring ID to vote too, right?
Different and you know it. Illegal aliens don't have the right to vote, American citizens have the right to bear arms. Stop being liberal and learn something.

I never said illegal aliens have the right to vote. Are you hearing voices again?

Unconstitutional.

treeoflibertytee_640x.jpg

[Q

The constitution also says the right to vote will not be denied. How is one more important than the other?
You mean, why are felons denied the right to vote?

If so, you make a sound argument. I think they should be allowed to vote after they have served all their time and/or completed the conditions of parole.

Unconstitutional.

These particular conditions infringe on the rights protected by the second amendment, A right cannot be licensed,

Sure it can if it falls under reasonable regulation.
No it cannot.

It is very simple a right is something that cannot be licensed

Well, you better head on up to the Supreme Court and tell them. Gun Licenses have been required for a long time in some places, and the SC doesn't see anything wrong with them. I'll bet they give you a big old medal or something for pointing out their mistake. At the very least, you'll get to go on Fox and Friends. You hurry up and get on the road now. If you wait too long the traffic will be bad.

[Q

And one Left wing idiot failed to produce the relevant constitutional text to prove the existence of said right.

It's mentioned in the constitution 5 times, but you can start with the 19th amendment.

[Q

If so, you make a sound argument. I think they should be allowed to vote after they have served all their time and/or completed the conditions of parole.

I didn't say anything about felons voting. That would fall under the heading of regulation, which is not an infringement.

I didn't say anything about felons voting. That would fall under the heading of regulation, which is not an infringement.
I disagree on the meaning of the word "infringement" but let's accept your interpretation for now.

Wouldn't denying freed felons the right to vote be an infringement?

I disagree on the meaning of the word "infringement" but let's accept your interpretation for now.

I wouldn't presume to know more than the Supreme court, and they don't seem to have a problem with it.

This is somewhat off topic but it is gun-related Schumer wants to regulate personal armor that you would use for your protection. Since that is an easy target I suggest if you don't have any get it.

I wouldn't presume to know more than the Supreme court, and they don't seem to have a problem with it.
No problem with what? Denying reformed felons the right to vote for the rest of their lives?

No problem with what? Denying reformed felons the right to vote for the rest of their lives?

That is what you are talking about isn't it?

These idiot Moon Bats like this dumbass Bulldog asshole wouldn't know the meaning of the word infringement if it was tattooed on his forehead.

They think infringement means the government can make it illegal to keep and bear arms. .

Really, they believe that. It is like they were absent from grade school when the teacher discussed what the word meant.

This is somewhat off topic but it is gun-related Schumer wants to regulate personal armor that you would use for your protection. Since that is an easy target I suggest if you don't have any get it.
Why would be want to "regulate" body armor? They way they tell it, all of our children should be suited up on the daily.

That is what you are talking about isn't it?
So, you would have no problem with the SCOTUS allowing other limitations on the right to vote?

Forum List

Back