Big donor to Trump campaign made overture to top Russian official, boasting of connections

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Surprise Surprise - The Russian shit-show continues! :rolleyes-41:

A Russian-born American businessman who gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to support Donald Trump's run for president in 2016 offered to brief a high-ranking Russian official during the final months of the campaign, according to a series of emails reviewed by NBC News.

The businessman, Simon Kukes, a Houston-based oil executive, sent an email to the official in Moscow in July 2016, boasting of his connections to the Trump campaign and requesting a face-to-face meeting.

“I have been actively involved in Trump’s election campaign, and am part of the group on strategy development,” Kukes wrote in the email to Vyacheslav Pavlovsky, vice president of the state-owned Russian Railways and a former Russian ambassador to Norway. “I will be in Switzerland July 20th till August 2nd. Let me know how you are doing, and whether you want to meet.”

“To me this reads like an email exchange between a source and a handler, or a source and headquarters,” said Lindsay Moran, a former CIA officer, to whom NBC News showed the emails. Moran worked at the CIA for five years under the administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, and later wrote a memoir highly critical of the agency.​

Big donor to Trump campaign made overture to top Russian official, boasting of connections

EG7E4PE.jpg

Surprise Surprise - The Russian shit-show continues! :rolleyes-41:

A Russian-born American businessman who gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to support Donald Trump's run for president in 2016 offered to brief a high-ranking Russian official during the final months of the campaign, according to a series of emails reviewed by NBC News.

The businessman, Simon Kukes, a Houston-based oil executive, sent an email to the official in Moscow in July 2016, boasting of his connections to the Trump campaign and requesting a face-to-face meeting.

“I have been actively involved in Trump’s election campaign, and am part of the group on strategy development,” Kukes wrote in the email to Vyacheslav Pavlovsky, vice president of the state-owned Russian Railways and a former Russian ambassador to Norway. “I will be in Switzerland July 20th till August 2nd. Let me know how you are doing, and whether you want to meet.”

“To me this reads like an email exchange between a source and a handler, or a source and headquarters,” said Lindsay Moran, a former CIA officer, to whom NBC News showed the emails. Moran worked at the CIA for five years under the administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, and later wrote a memoir highly critical of the agency.​

EG7E4PE.jpg

Wow.......that is funny...... you still think the fake Russian investigation is real? When are they going to prosecute this guy for Jay Walking so you guys can claim it means he is rolling over on Trump?

More Russian collusion threads??

WOW You lefty loons sure like beating that dead horse.

As Eric‘s while well said:
Shake a tree in the land of Trump and out falls a Russian.

Forum List

Back