Big D might be right

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Earlier today, I went out to the pool for a brief swim. (I live in a small apartment with a private pool.) When I arrived at it, there were many many Blacks swimming in it. I was the only White person at the pool. The Blacks sounded as if they were engaged in a loud party. I casually climbed into the pool and swam as well. I received a few curious stares but no threatening looks or comments. After several minutes had passed, a police officer and security man arrived and said in a very assertive manner that management had called to say that several people do not belong in the pool. The police officer demanded that each person that couldn't prove that he lives at the apartment (or prove to be an apartment renter's guest) leave immediately. After 5 minuets I was the only person at the pool. After several more minutes has passed, I got out of the pool and discovered that my towel was missing. I don't know if it was picked up by mistake or if it was stolen.

I try to live by an individualist mind set, but under circumstances like the story I just told, it is difficult for me not to generalized and develop a racist mentality. Generally speaking, Big D might be right, not in the minutia of his individual comments, but in the over-all portrait that he creates in regard to Blacks and Whites.

Originally posted by mattskramer
I try to live by an individualist mind set, but under circumstances like the story I just told, it is difficult for me not to generalized and develop a racist mentality. Generally speaking, Big D might be right, not in the minutia of his individual comments, but in the over-all portrait that he creates in regard to Blacks and Whites.

The only person I have ever loaned money to that didn't pay it back was black..... when I was in the Army. :confused:

Originally posted by dilloduck
People often live up to the expectation set for them by others. Why be surprised?
So then, whose fault is it? The one that does the act, or the one that set the expectations?

People often live up to the expectation set for them by others. Why be surprised?

That has to be one of the lamest excuses I have every heard !

Originally posted by freeandfun1
So then, whose fault is it? The one that does the act, or the one that set the expectations?

The individual is ultimately responsible for his own behavior . Others can affect the decisions they make either positively or negatively.

I try to keep a positive attitude and expect good from all people (even Blacks). Though societal expectation does have an influence, it is ultimately up to the individual to act as he should.

I live in central Texas between Dallas and San Antonio.

Originally posted by eric
That has to be one of the lamest excuses I have every heard !

Do you have any experience where you constantly treated a person like shit and they tried to perform to please you anyway? Only under coersion I'm sure.

Do you have any experience where you constantly treated a person like shit and they tried to perform to please you anyway? Only under coersion I'm sure.

Please try and be lucid in the questions you ask.

People try to please me all the time, yet I treat none of them like shit. Your point ?

I have lived in

1) San Francisco
2) Kansas City, Mo.
3) Washington, D.C.
4) Rural Kansas
5) Philadelphia
6) New York City

And looking back, I can say that my experiences with other racial groups have been fairly uniform. That, and the reading I have done, have convinced me that making generalizations about the behavior of various groups is factually grounded. It is thus not immoral to say that "blacks are more likely to be up to no good."

Please try and be lucid in the questions you ask.

People try to please me all the time, yet I treat none of them like shit. Your point ?

no need to imply I am not lucid----I'm just saying that if your treat some one like shit--expect them to act like shit--what to you think your going to get?? Roses???

If any one is a "Natural Shit " ( LOL I like that one), the best way to keep him that way is to treat him that way. Simple.

no need to imply I am not lucid----I'm just saying that if your treat some one like shit--expect them to act like shit--what to you think your going to get?? Roses???

With this type of attitude it is no surprise this country is going down the tubes fast. Why can one not rise above adversity and make something of themselves and their lives ? Are we nothing more than a reactionary species ?

I faced much adversity and negativity in my life, yet I rose above it, and now have the ability to laugh at the very people who laughed at me. It's all about personal choices, simple isn't it ?

Originally posted by dilloduck
You make it sound like blacks are pets that whites did not raise correctly.

When a dog misbehaves, we don't blame the dog -- we blame the owner for improper training. When blacks behave badly, racism, slavery, colonialism, imperialism, apartheid, globalization or multi-nationalism and anything else under the sun is blamed for poor black behavior. Whites are held accountable to civilized standards of behavior. Blacks are not held to civilized standards of behavior. From the liberal's point of view, it might even be racist to expect blacks to adhere to civilized standards of behavior.

Originally posted by mattskramer
I try to keep a positive attitude and expect good from all people (even Blacks). Though societal expectation does have an influence, it is ultimately up to the individual to act as he should.

I live in central Texas between Dallas and San Antonio.

I'll admit matts, that I didn't know SQUAT about blacks until I joined the Air Force. There I got my first impressions of what black people were like. Let me quickly make a few long stories short...

I had kind of made friends with this one black guy in basic training. We went to the same base for tech training. Neither of us really knew many people, so he invited me to go to this party. It was in a motel room. When we got there, it was all blacks. There was one of them standing on the dresser screaming and talking when we walked in the door. It got real quite when they saw me, the white guy. They asked the black guy I had come with why the hell he had invited a white guy. He said "I don't know", and then they all said... "WHITEY GOTTA LEAVE". Now I have NEVER KNOWN any whites in my life have any kind of a gathering where ANYONE, ANY COLOR, wouldn't have been welcome. Blacks are the only ones in my life that I have seen do that. Can you say RACIST?

Second, when we'd have weekend standby in the Air Force, there wouldn't be a large number of people there, only a skelton crew. If one of the shops came down with a big job at the last minute like an engine change or something, the BLACKS would PISS AND MOAN, BELLYACHE, and give this HUGE SONG AND DANCE about why they shouldn't have to help, when everybody knew, the quicker we got it done, they quicker everyone could go home, but they ALWAYS whinned about it not being their job and NOT wanting to help. UNLESS, it was something to do with THEM, and then they wanted EVERYBODY to JUMP TO, TO HELP THEM. Yeah boy... now THEY needed help, and they expected you to help! They have short memories when it comes to whether or not they helped you.

Third, I went to rent an apartment off base in Las Vegas. The manager had told me, "well I have one that recently came open, but we haven't been in to clean it yet", and asked if I'd like to see anyway. I said "sure, how bad could it be, when I leave an apartment, I clean it". So I met her and we went to the apartment. When she opened the door, the smell about knocked her over backwards into me. We both caustiously entered the apartment stepping around all the trash on the floor. There was a greasy little pathway through the apartment through the trash, that had been heaped against the walls. Everything under the sun. Old food cans, frozen dinner boxes, lots of Kentucky Fried Chicken containers, paper towels, pop cans, you name it. It also looked as if they walked through the apartment with a hand on the wall continously, around every corner, and the "white" curtains next to the front door had served as a hand wipe for greasy, dirty hands before they left. The doors were all hanging off the hinges, screens ripped, drains plugged. The place was a filthy shambles. They lady remarked she had never seen one that bad in her life, but that the occupants that had left were "black", and that it didn't surprize her. She said "blacks" always seem to leave the apartments filthy.

I have more stories about my experiences with blacks, the majority are bad. Of course I've met some blacks that are nice, but the bad FAAAAAR outweighs the good. It's a distinct pattern. That's why "I" feel the way I do about blacks today.

There are many stories about people (Blacks included) who have "seized the moment" and have risen above their environment and societal expectation. As I said before, I think that one of the best things that we can do for people is to educate them in the choices that they have and to encourage people to think for themselves.

Originally posted by Big D
You make it sound like blacks are pets that whites did not raise correctly.

When a dog misbehaves, we don't blame the dog -- we blame the owner for improper training. When blacks behave badly, racism, slavery, colonialism, imperialism, apartheid, globalization or multi-nationalism and anything else under the sun is blamed for poor black behavior. Whites are held accountable to civilized standards of behavior. Blacks are not held to civilized standards of behavior. From the liberal's point of view, it might even be racist to expect blacks to adhere to civilized standards of behavior.

Whose fault is it that blacks are not held to civilized behavior ?

With this type of attitude it is no surprise this country is going down the tubes fast. Why can one not rise above adversity and make something of themselves and their lives ? Are we nothing more than a reactionary species ?

I faced much adversity and negativity in my life, yet I rose above it, and now have the ability to laugh at the very people who laughed at me. It's all about personal choices, simple isn't it ?

Good job!!! Many blacks have too---!

Our country is doing just fine .

Forum List

Back