Big companies 0% taxes?!

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
I've ran my own retail parts/service shop for the last 10 years, and I pay taxes just like the next guy. It pisses me off everytime I read a headline saying that another big company paid hardly any taxes on millions in profits. I know it's legal, but with all the crying about the economy lately, why hasn't this changed? Is there any members of Congress working to change this? It's not fair! waah waaaah waaahhhhh!!

If there is going to be a corporate income tax, then all companies should pay the same rate across the board. No exemptions.

I've ran my own retail parts/service shop for the last 10 years, and I pay taxes just like the next guy. It pisses me off everytime I read a headline saying that another big company paid hardly any taxes on millions in profits. I know it's legal, but with all the crying about the economy lately, why hasn't this changed? Is there any members of Congress working to change this? It's not fair! waah waaaah waaahhhhh!!

Describe to us the taxes that you pay. All of them please.

Oh my goodness, a troll comes up almost immediately. Taxes that I pay from making profits by selling parts and accessories, and fixing broken motorcycles. If I have to get into specifics and describe them, I think it might be above what you can comprehend.

Did you read my original post? Please take 5 minutes and google "corporations that pay no taxes" and educate yourself. Then come back to the forum and discuss.....

I can't argue with 16 year olds...............

Oh my goodness, a troll comes up almost immediately. Taxes that I pay from making profits by selling parts and accessories, and fixing broken motorcycles. If I have to get into specifics and describe them, I think it might be above what you can comprehend.

Did you read my original post? Please take 5 minutes and google "corporations that pay no taxes" and educate yourself. Then come back to the forum and discuss.....

I can't argue with 16 year olds...............

I am so busted. Yes, I am 16. Times 3. Plus 11. :D

So you have no employees, am I correct?

And yes, I need specifics.

Listen up Mr. H....

I'm guessing you are replying to this post to argue with me, or pry into my business, or simply to troll late at night. I'm posted this topic to see how others view what is happening to taxes being collected on business' that make million or billions in profits and pay little or no taxes. Before replying, please Google "corporations that pay no taxes" and read for 5 minutes before you try to argue with me.

I pay taxes every month, every quarter, and every year. Gladly? No, but I know my taxes go to support this great country of ours. I feel if you make millions in our country, you should play by the rules like most of the people and businesses out there and pay your taxes. Do individual citizens get to find loopholes and pay no taxes? Does the ma and pa store on the corner get to find loopholes and pay no taxes? Do you pay taxes? Please tell me how you feel about this subject, that's why I posted. If you want to learn more about my personal business, please PM me.

And I have 6 employees.

Please describe in vivid detail taxes and percentages you pay. I'm waiting................

I normally don't troll and argue with message board goons, but you've got me hooked. I'm waiting........

As I stated, I'm against people or business paying no taxes because of lawyers and loopholes. Does this make me a liberal? Can I call you a racist? You make no sense.

Again, what is your stance on big business paying little or no tax on profits made in the US?

Listen up Mr. H....

I'm guessing you are replying to this post to argue with me, or pry into my business, or simply to troll late at night. I'm posted this topic to see how others view what is happening to taxes being collected on business' that make million or billions in profits and pay little or no taxes. Before replying, please Google "corporations that pay no taxes" and read for 5 minutes before you try to argue with me.

I pay taxes every month, every quarter, and every year. Gladly? No, but I know my taxes go to support this great country of ours. I feel if you make millions in our country, you should play by the rules like most of the people and businesses out there and pay your taxes. Do individual citizens get to find loopholes and pay no taxes? Does the ma and pa store on the corner get to find loopholes and pay no taxes? Do you pay taxes? Please tell me how you feel about this subject, that's why I posted. If you want to learn more about my personal business, please PM me.

And I have 6 employees.

Thanks for this. :thup:

Sounds like you and I are in similar boats, but with different sails.

Let me ask you this... is any one single expense in operating your business deducted from your taxable income?

As I stated, I'm against people or business paying no taxes because of lawyers and loopholes. Does this make me a liberal? Can I call you a racist? You make no sense.

Again, what is your stance on big business paying little or no tax on profits made in the US?

You can call me handsome, you can call me a taxi, you can even call me an ambulance, but please don't call me a racist.

Listen up Mr. H....

And I have 6 employees.

Let me ask you this... is any one single expense in operating your business deducted from your taxable income?

Come on now, are you trying to quiz me? You know this answer, and my accountant can answer in specific detail, but pretty much everything on the right side of my balance sheet is deducted from my taxable income.

Now your turn Mr H, how do you feel about big business and corporations paying little or no tax? Are you dodging my question? Are you a politician?

Please describe in vivid detail taxes and percentages you pay. I'm waiting................

I normally don't troll and argue with message board goons, but you've got me hooked. I'm waiting........

Good luck! The biggest complainers tend to pay the least.

Listen up Mr. H....

And I have 6 employees.

Come on now, are you trying to quiz me? You know this answer, and my accountant can answer in specific detail, but pretty much everything on the right side of my balance sheet is deducted from my taxable income.

Now your turn Mr H, how do you feel about big business and corporations paying little or no tax? Are you dodging my question? Are you a politician?

So... you use lawyers and loopholes? The very elements that you castigated in another of your posts?

I do admire you for being an entrepreneurial business owner, but your perspective is truly fucked up.

Corporate Welfare (from both sides of the aisle, deep pockets dysfunctionally choosing the winners and losers) is not as bad as general social welfare, but it is a bad thing. But as you suggest, it is not the fault of companies (as Obama has recently said) for taking advantage of a dysfunctional tax code.

Politicians are wary of addressing the issue due to how money flows in and out of DC. We must first fix other things like the boarder, the IRS, the EPA, the NEA, energy independence, etc...., only then can we (the people) expect a political environment that allows focus on corruption.

Vote conservative every time.

Listen up Mr. H....

And I have 6 employees.

Here's my 2 cents.

Taxes on corporations, large and small, should not exist for corporations don't get to enjoy the profits. No one has ever sat next to a corporation at a theater or on an airliner, a corporation has never sat down to dinner at a fine restaurant or has bought itself a nice yacht.

The profits earned by corporations are ALWAYS passed onto people, the shareholders, and that's where the taxes should be paid.

When we have corporate taxes in the mix studies have found that the cost, or incidence, of paying those taxes doesn't come out of the hide of shareholders but from customers.

The above was a normative position, how things should be. Now here's my position on how things are - those corporations who pay zero taxes are very likely using credits to offset US tax liability, meaning that they've paid taxes in various countries and the US, because of it unique looney policy of taxing worldwide income, offsets what corporations pay to foreign governments in order to avoid double taxation issues.

I don't see a way to avoid this issue without overhauling the crazy tax system which taxes worldwide income.

Forum List

Back