Biden’s manufacturing push is working: 200 billion on US home turf

Oh dear, Tyson is laying off 1.3% of its employees because the demand for chicken was not as high as they expected. Nothing to do with food shortages.

Food plants were getting damaged for the last 200 years. There has been no increase in it happening.
Are you claiming people don't want as much chicken when there's more people than ever?

Here's your sign:

:290968001256257790-final:

Are you claiming people don't want as much chicken when there's more people than ever?

Here's your sign:

:290968001256257790-final:

Tyson said they over estimated demand. Did you even bother to read the links or did you just come here to get my attention since you were feeling lonely?

With the raw materials sourced from China.

You know, like the "Ford" battery plant that will be chi-com operated.

But it's impossible to just abandon the current global supply chain. These are developed over the course of several decades based on the types of investments that countries and companies make. There are no alternatives right now.

So taking the above into consideration and Biden bashing aside, do you agree or disagree that bringing more manufacturing jobs home is a good thing?

But it's impossible to just abandon the current global supply chain. These are developed over the course of several decades based on the types of investments that countries and companies make. There are no alternatives right now.

So taking the above into consideration and Biden bashing aside, do you agree or disagree that bringing more manufacturing jobs home is a good thing?
That depends on who owns the factories, guy. ;)

“The Biden administration’s efforts to revive U.S. manufacturing appear to be succeeding, with some business sectors plowing in almost 20 times the investment in new U.S. manufacturing projects versus only a few years ago.

Together, the two landmark acts inject over $400 billion into clean energy technology and semiconductor manufacturing in the form of government incentives and subsidies, as well as create thousands of new jobs. It’s been less than a year since the two packages were passed, but the fresh funds appear to be accomplishing some of Biden’s goals already.”

This is probably not something a communist would try to do.
You are one ignorant bitch

“The Biden administration’s efforts to revive U.S. manufacturing appear to be succeeding, with some business sectors plowing in almost 20 times the investment in new U.S. manufacturing projects versus only a few years ago.

Together, the two landmark acts inject over $400 billion into clean energy technology and semiconductor manufacturing in the form of government incentives and subsidies, as well as create thousands of new jobs. It’s been less than a year since the two packages were passed, but the fresh funds appear to be accomplishing some of Biden’s goals already.”

This is probably not something a communist would try to do.
With 2024 looming over the near future ... Biden will have to do at least one thing right to placate the masses.

AKA corporate welfare.

You never had a problem with it before; it's only a problem when it benefits a Democratic administration.

To be sure, there are some downsides to the CHIPS legislation - mainly the fact that other countries are likely to engage in retaliatory legislation of their own as they consider this law to be anti-free trade. But I don't care.

I think free trade is a good thing until it becomes so unbalanced that we become nearly totally dependent on the outside world for critical manufacturing. The pandemic alone should have taught us the hazards of this situation, and growing tensions with China, Russia, and OPEC should make that even more abundantly clear.

Biden is clearly doing the right thing by trying to promote America's domestic manufacturing. Any criticism to that end is just sour grapes that the GOP didn't do it sooner. They had every opportunity to do so. They didn't. Too busy keeping gay bashing, sending women back to the 1600s, allowing open carry, and cutting taxes for billionaires.

Maybe. I think Biden should hand out free Valium to the inner city thugs, so the rest of the country could get a good night's sleep.

I already sleep well at night. Sorry to hear your fear keeps you awake at night.

I already sleep well at night. Sorry to hear your fear keeps you awake at night.
I don't need them to take Valium. All I need is my guns and my ability to shoot.

It's probably just as good or better than you've ever seen.

Because if it's Chicoms, that's not a good thing. Derp!

But that's the whole point of the thread: we're talking about manufacturing that's being done domestically. American-owned companies, making things here instead of offshoring to Taiwan or some place else.

Forum List

Back