Biden's CDC Issues Mask Mandate for All Travel in The US, but There is One Problem

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
CDC has issued a mask order effective Feb 1 at noon for all travel in the US...

Here is the order...

The order states authority is granted in 42 USC 264 (and others). But 42 USC 264 states (emphasis added):

"(a) Promulgation and enforcement by Surgeon General

The Surgeon General, with the approval of the Secretary, is authorized to make and enforce such regulations as in his judgment are necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or possession. For purposes of carrying out and enforcing such regulations, the Surgeon General may provide for such inspection, fumigation, disinfection, sanitation, pest extermination, destruction of animals or articles found to be so infected or contaminated as to be sources of dangerous infection to human beings, and other measures, as in his judgment may be necessary."

My read is that the order does not apply to intra-state travel, such as catching a bus to go across town, or catching a taxi cab to travel locally.

By the way, for people who wear bandanas or scarves instead of a mask, they are expressly prohibited. You aren't allowed to be fashionable, you have to wear a mask, to let everyone know that you are a compliant little peon.

Rand Paul says, yeah right. If you already had COVID, or have been vaccinated. Throw your mask away.

Here he is on Jan 26th on the Senate subway...

senator-rand-paul-waits-with-his-staff-at-the-senate-subway-on-hill-picture-id1230803067

Yep. That was discussed before he took office. Legally, he can't really apply it to intra-state travel. Now, the vast majority of people in my area have local ordinances in place already--as do the majority of other areas. This is primarily a rallying cry to make it seem like...............by golly, something is being done.

Here is the order...

The order states authority is granted in 42 USC 264 (and others). But 42 USC 264 states (emphasis added):

The Surgeon General, with the approval of the Secretary, is authorized to make and enforce such regulations as in his judgment are necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or possession. For purposes of carrying out and enforcing such regulations, the Surgeon General may provide for such inspection, fumigation, disinfection, sanitation, pest extermination, destruction of animals or articles found to be so infected or contaminated as to be sources of dangerous infection to human beings, and other measures, as in his judgment may be necessary."

My read is that the order does not apply to intra-state travel, such as catching a bus to go across town, or catching a taxi cab to travel locally.

By the way, for people who wear bandanas or scarves instead of a mask, they are expressly prohibited. You aren't allowed to be fashionable, you have to wear a mask, to let everyone know that you are a compliant little peon.

Rand Paul says, yeah right. If you already had COVID, or have been vaccinated. Throw your mask away.

senator-rand-paul-waits-with-his-staff-at-the-senate-subway-on-hill-picture-id1230803067
I will go down shooting before I wear that star of david.

I would rather die than comply.

But I will enjoy taking MANY down with me.

I am with you, Brother. Not on the shooting part :), but I will peacefully refuse to comply with tyranny, and stand for my inalienable right to make my own medical decisions, including whether or not I wish to wear an arguably-ineffective medical device on my face for a year.

Does he now.

Perhaps Paul should read USMB where a thread posted the same time as this one shows a story of a vaccinated (two scoops) Congressman testing positive for COVID. That of course means he's carrying it, which in turn means even if the vaccine protects the carrier from getting sick it does nothing to prevent transmission of the same virus to somebody else who may not be vaccinated.

Of course Rand Paul is the same clown who went swimming in the Capitol pool after he'd been exposed and before he had a negative test result, so we already knew his level of personal responsibility.

Rand Paul. Senator representing the state of Cult of Ignorance.

Here is the order...

WTH?

pink shoes.jpg

Does he now.

Perhaps Paul should read USMB where a thread posted the same time as this one shows a story of a vaccinated (two scoops) Congressman testing positive for COVID. That of course means he's carrying it, which in turn means even if the vaccine protects the carrier from getting sick it does nothing to prevent transmission of the same virus to somebody else who may not be vaccinated.

Of course Rand Paul is the same clown who went swimming in the Capitol pool after he'd been exposed and before he had a negative test result, so we already knew his level of personal responsibility.

So not only don't masks work, but vaccines don't either, but everyone should wear a mask and get vaccinated. Got ya. :)

The PCR tests are terribly inaccurate. It tests for tiny traces of the virus that are replicated about one trillion times to determine if they are detectable. They also have a reported 1.5% false positive, so if you test 100M people, ~1.5 million people will falsely test positive.

Another respiratory virus that is so deadly, a lot of people have to take a test to determine if they even have it?

When I got COVID, I stayed home until I was better, like I do with any other flu. And it was like other flus I have had.

Here is the order...

The CDC is not vested with the power to legislate. But then again, neither are governors, local health departments or county commissioners. Every government agency wants their slice of the dictatorship party.

Does he now.

So not only don't masks work, but vaccines don't either, but everyone should wear a mask and get vaccinated. Got ya. :)

Actually, for those of you who can't read, it would mean the mask is still necessary to prevent transmission. Nor did anything I posted suggest "vaccines don't work", on the contrary it says the exact opposite.

The benefits of knowing how to read.

As for "what everyone should do" your task has now become to quote where I said anything resembling that OR admit you pulled it out of your ass. I'll give you twenty minutes.

So no, it would appear I got you. But you brought it on yourself.
shoot-foot.gif

The CDC is not vested with the power to legislate. But then again, neither are governors, local health departments or county commissioners. Every government agency wants their slice of the dictatorship party.

Here is 43 USC 264, as published in the Federal register...

It gives the US Surgeon General the authority to make and enforce regulations related to controlling the spread of infectious diseases.

I would say that it does not give them the authority to issues fines or prison terms (others would probably say I am incorrect), but it does seem to authorize restrictions on inter-state travel and even detainment of contagious people.

Here is 43 USC 264, as published in the Federal register...

It gives the US Surgeon General the authority to make and enforce regulations related to controlling the spread of infectious diseases.

I would say that it does not give them the authority to issues fines or prison terms (others would probably say I am incorrect), but it does seem to authorize restrictions on inter-state travel and even detainment of contagious people.

The problem I have with the dictators is that the emergency orders are intended to be temporary, and seemingly endless extensions of these extra-legislative dictates, which restrict important civil liberties, does not seem constitutional. Long-term, non-exigent restrictions onf fundamental human rights should go through the legislature.

So no, it would appear I got you. But you brought it on yourself.
shoot-foot.gif

You assume. I got it in late January 2020, from a bunch of European travelers who went through international airports and I spent two full days in a conference room with them as they coughed. Most of us got sick, and it spread rapidly throughout my work. This was even before they told people not to wear masks.

I went home within about 90 minutes of getting symptoms. The chills came on quickly.

It was another flu. It sucked like the others.

Similarly, regarding assuming.... when you see people walking around without masks, don't judge them. You don't know their personal situation. Mind your own business and stay home forever if you are so vulnerable or scared. The mask on your face you frequently touch after touching all kinds of other things is clearly not working, anyway.

I am with you, Brother. Not on the shooting part :), but I will peacefully refuse to comply with tyranny, and stand for my inalienable right to make my own medical decisions, including whether or not I wish to wear an arguably-ineffective medical device on my face for a year.

Yes, except when you could spread the disease to someone else. Your rights stop at my nose.

Forum List

Back