Biden's Address To The Nation On IndependentThinker TV

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Good evening, my fellow Americans. I’m speaking to you tonight from the Oval Office to give you a six month update since taking office regarding the Coronavirus. During my campaign for the presidency I repeatedly said I would always tell you the truth and follow the science and the truth is I have some good news and some bad news.

First, the bad news. Cases are rising in every state and around the world and, unfortunately, current science is showing us that the vaccines we have are only about 50% effective at stopping the Delta mutation, which is why cases continue to climb. In many ways the virus “is what it is”. And, there is even more bad news, while currently not much of a problem, scientists believe another mutation called Lambda is even more resistant to vaccines and is even more transmissible. So, if this trend continues, we can expect more mask wearing mandates and even lockdowns to combat the spread of the virus, since current vaccines aren’t anywhere near as effective as we had hoped.

Now, for the good news. Science has shown us that even though the vaccines aren’t stopping the spread of Covid or even guaranteed from stopping you from getting sick, they are very effective at greatly reducing hospitalizations and deaths. As such, I highly encourage every American to get vaccinated. It is literally a matter of life or death. Just do it man.

Unlike my predecessor who refused to take responsibility for the virus, I do take full responsibility. I relied on the Trump vaccine to stop the spread of the Coronavirus and put all of my eggs in that basket. I had hoped that if everyone got vaccinated the virus would just go away and I was wrong because with these newer mutations, the vaccines aren’t good enough to stop the spread of the virus.

Now, I would like to address the media. Would you please stop counting cases day after day after day after day? You’re making me look bad and you’re hurting our chances in the midterms when hospitalizations and deaths are actually down. That’s what you need to be reporting, not plastering it all over the news how cases are rising every day. Jesus man, quit with the fake news! What you are reporting is a hoax on the American people and misinformation.

Lastly, I want to remind everyone that I ran on a campaign theme of being the president for all Americans, both in blue states and in red states and that I sincerely wanted to stop the divisiveness that has been tearing America apart. Now that the newest science has shown that the vaccinated spread the Delta variant just as much as the unvaccinated do it is important that the unvaccinated are not discriminated against or otherwise harassed or talked down to in any way, including the idea of vaccine passports being needed to enter places. Let me repeat again, science has shown that the vaccinated are spreading the Delta variant just as much as the unvaccinated are and that there is no longer any hope for herd immunity so attacking the unvaccinated doesn’t get us anywhere. In fact, it just compounds the divisiveness. And, get the damn vaccine.

Thank you and God bless.

Forum List

Back