Biden waived congressional mandate for report on risks of U.S. troop withdrawal in Afghanistan

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Just more outrageous behavior from this shit-show [mal]administration.

President Biden in June waived a congressional mandate that would have required the Pentagon to provide members of Congress with a detailed report about the risks of leaving Afghanistan.

The Biden administration under the federal statute was barred from reducing troops in Afghanistan to less than 2,000 without first briefing Congress about the expected impact on U.S. counterterrorism operations and the risk to American personnel.

However, Biden waived the mandate, arguing that providing this information to Congress could undermine "the national security interests of the United States," according to the Washington Free Beacon.

The administration reportedly assured Congress for months that U.S.-trained Afghan forces could forestall a Taliban takeover when U.S. troops left. However, the Taliban overran the Afghan National Army and took control of Kabul on Aug. 15, as the last troops were leaving, resulting in the chaotic and deadly evacuation of U.S. personnel and allies.

National security experts and Republican lawmakers told the Washington Free Beacon that the waiver blocked Congress and the public from reviewing the administration's internal national security assessments prior to the withdrawal. ..."I think the fact that they used the national security waiver to refuse to answer these questions in the light of day tells me their answers could not have stood up to scrutiny."

President Biden in June waived a congressional mandate that would have required the Pentagon to provide members of Congress with a detailed report about the risks of leaving Afghanistan.
The Biden administration under the federal statute was barred from reducing troops in Afghanistan to less than 2,000 without first briefing Congress about the expected impact on U.S. counterterrorism operations and the risk to American personnel.
However, Biden waived the mandate, arguing that providing this information to Congress could undermine "the national security interests of the United States," according to the Washington Free Beacon.
The administration reportedly assured Congress for months that U.S.-trained Afghan forces could forestall a Taliban takeover when U.S. troops left. However, the Taliban overran the Afghan National Army and took control of Kabul on Aug. 15, as the last troops were leaving, resulting in the chaotic and deadly evacuation of U.S. personnel and allies.
National security experts and Republican lawmakers told the Washington Free Beacon that the waiver blocked Congress and the public from reviewing the administration's internal national security assessments prior to the withdrawal. ..."I think the fact that they used the national security waiver to refuse to answer these questions in the light of day tells me their answers could not have stood up to scrutiny."

Really? Why would he need a report?

20 years of freaking reports, and Biden is going to have the lowest Afghanistan casualties for any post 9/11 president.

Xiden didn’t want the truth about what our intel was saying to go public

He wanted to score a cheap political stunt win i the 20th anny of 9/11 and hopes the terrorist take over would happen after that

party before country

Xiden didn’t want the truth about what our intel was saying to go public

He wanted to score a cheap political stunt win i the 20th anny of 9/11 and hopes the terrorist take over would happen after that

party before country

Forum List

Back