Biden to gun manufacturers: 'I'm coming for you. Period'

Another good reason I would vote for Biden.
So, the rule of law (or words) means nothing to you?
yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

You agree with him that manufacturers of firearms that are used in violence should be sued?

If we go on this thinking then why should not auto manufacturers be sued when an auto is used by a drink driver and/or a terrorist that results in peoples getting killed? The entire thing is ridiculous, it's not the gun manufacturers fault just like it's not the auto manufacturers fault.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

You agree with him that manufacturers of firearms that are used in violence should be sued?
Let's see how it works out for the Newtown group. I don't know if it would put any real pressure on the gun manufacturers to stop selling civilians war guns or not.

and when a drunk driver kills someone, should the family of the deceased sue the company that made the car, the bartender that served him, or the brewery that made the liquor?

In both cases, suing the person responsible for the death makes more sense.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

If we go on this thinking then why should not auto manufacturers be sued when an auto is used by a drink driver and/or a terrorist that results in peoples getting killed? The entire thing is ridiculous, it's not the gun manufacturers fault just like it's not the auto manufacturers fault.
Well, it's Connecticut, Lucy. You wouldn't understand.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

Let's see how it works out for the Newtown group. I don't know if it would put any real pressure on the gun manufacturers to stop selling civilians war guns or not.

and when a drunk driver kills someone, should the family of the deceased sue the company that made the car, the bartender that served him, or the brewery that made the liquor?

Attorneys name both in most civil suits. It's not an either/or proposition. I know; I typed a gazillion of them to finance my way through school.
Usually the manufacturer is quickly thrown out of the suit, but they always try it. This time, the Newtown group is being given a shot. If manufacturers are not held accountable for mass marketing of war weapons to untrained civilians, it is never going to stop. Maybe this approach would work better than the outlaw legislation some of the pols are pushing for. Hitting a company in the wallet usually has the most immediate effect, don't you think?

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

I have several friends in Greenwich, Connecticut.

Another good reason I would vote for Biden. Don't know what happened to his support. Early days, though.

Yes, guns are bad. Billionaires are bad. So why are billionaires pushing gun control?

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

Attorneys name both in most civil suits. It's not an either/or proposition. I know; I typed a gazillion of them to finance my way through school.
Usually the manufacturer is quickly thrown out of the suit, but they always try it. This time, the Newtown group is being given a shot. If manufacturers are not held accountable for mass marketing of war weapons to untrained civilians, it is never going to stop. Maybe this approach would work better than the outlaw legislation some of the pols are pushing for. Hitting a company in the wallet usually has the most immediate effect, don't you think?

Hitting a company in the wallet usually has the most immediate effect, don't you think?

Lawsuits that lack common sense shouldn't bother them at all.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

The second you allow manufacturers to be sued for the criminal misuse of their products, the result will be nothing is made anymore.

No knives, cars, refrigerators, ovens, stoves, hammers, you name it. If some loon can figure out how to illegally use it, there will be no more made.

Think before you post.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

People in Connecticut don't have IQs over 50?

The second you allow manufacturers to be sued for the criminal misuse of their products, the result will be nothing is made anymore.

No knives, cars, refrigerators, ovens, stoves, hammers, you name it. If some loon can figure out how to illegally use it, there will be no more made.

Think before you post.

had a classmate in High School that OD on aspirin.

should we sue the manufacturer?

Another good reason I would vote for Biden. Don't know what happened to his support. Early days, though.

Yes, guns are bad. Billionaires are bad. So why are billionaires pushing gun control?

What about the guns that the Security Detail have? Are they okay or should all Security Officers be disarmed also? What about disarming Police Officers? These are questions that should be asked of the Anti-Gun crowd.

If you are an old lady, maybe you need physical harm to happen to you by a younger person. Most people change their minds when this happens. Or if they live in a changing neighborhood as one example, take a beating in their economic situation to move elsewhere.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

I have several friends in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Well, perhaps you do know, then, what an extremely litigious bunch they are.

If you are an old lady, maybe you need physical harm to happen to you by a younger person. Most people change their minds when this happens. Or if they live in a changing neighborhood as one example, take a beating in their economic situation to move elsewhere.
Thanks for the warm wishes.

Think before you post.
I believe the Newtown suit is about their advertising, not the guns' capabilities.

Think before you post.
I believe the Newtown suit is about their advertising, not the guns' capabilities.

Doesn't matter. Once you can go after a manufacturer for somebody else's criminal activity you end all production. Of course some of these progressive loons want that.

yeah, yeah, yeah
View attachment 308137

Correct, it does. The Commies hate the Constitution, especially the Second. So they are trying to get around the Constitution by making this proposal. If you sue people out of business, they can't sell their product any longer, or their product would be too expensive to buy.

So the un-Ameicans want to subvert the Constitution by making it impossible for people to buy a gun. I don't know why they don't just move to North Korea or something instead of trying to change what we have here if they hate the Constitution so much. But let's face it, that's what liberalism is all about; ruining things for other people.

Forum List

Back