Biden Shortage Number 2,533 - Albuterol

Exactly. One of the links in an article goes directly to the US Department of Justice, explaining how the company was charged with "submitting false claims to Medicare." But at the bottom of the DOJ's report, it reads "The claims resolved by the United States are allegations only and there has been no determination of liability."

Pharmaceutical Company Akorn Agrees to Pay $7.9 Million For Allegedly Causing Medicare to Pay for Invalid Prescription Drugs

So, you think they paid the fine but were not gulity?

I was in health care for over 30 years. Various drug shortages are not uncommon.

This is probably up there with the fact we were going to run out of Diesel by Thanksgiving

This is probably up there with the fact we were going to run out of Diesel by Thanksgiving
That is funny. One of my uber conservative friends told me that back in Nov I think it was. Anyway, in Dec I pointed out we were not out of diesel. Didn't phase her, she was on to another outrage/fear thing by then. I asked her if she ever got tired of worrying out things that never happens. She still reads the same emails or tweets or what ever it is she gets her faulty headlines. Somehow these people enjoy this crazy stuff.

Isn't the market suppose to handle this, where some enterprising group buys the assets and rejuvenates the plants? Okay how about a Government takeover, make appointments to keep the production up and people working.

Now we're having a shortage of a medication used to treat asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, acute pneumonia, and acute COVID-19 infections. You can place the blame on three years of wearing those crappy Chinese-made cloth masks, and a presidential administration whose short-sighted policies have destroyed our supply chain.

"The US is already facing a shortage of liquid albuterol used to treat patients with respiratory illnesses like asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis and acute COVID-19. With a major supplier of the drug to US hospitals shutting down and allergy season around the corner, doctors have all reasons to worry.

Life is only expected to get tougher for those with breathing problems in the United States. Liquid albuterol, which is used to treat patients with respiratory illnesses, has been on the US Food and Drug Administration’s list of drugs in short supply since October. Now the situation is about the get worse.

A major supplier of liquid albuterol to US hospitals has shut down and doctors are worried as this will further impact patients with conditions like asthma...

Akron, a supplier of albuterol, has earlier stopped shipping out the 20-millilitre bottles, the report says. Now, it has shut down its US operations, which include manufacturing facilities in Illinois, New Jersey and New York.

Akron was struggling with bankruptcy for two years and was facing enforcement actions from the FDA. The Illinois factory manufactured liquid albuterol and its shutdown will only add to the shortage.

There is only one remaining domestic supplier of liquid albuterol in the US, supply chain analysts and executives said, according to a report in The Washington Post..."

Albuterol shortage in US: Shortage of medicine to treat asthma, chronic bronchitis explained

How is Joe Biden responsible for this???? This is a failure of the free market. Your dependence on the capitalist free market to meet your needs is creating shortages of everything for you.

That is funny. One of my uber conservative friends told me that back in Nov I think it was. Anyway, in Dec I pointed out we were not out of diesel. Didn't phase her, she was on to another outrage/fear thing by then. I asked her if she ever got tired of worrying out things that never happens. She still reads the same emails or tweets or what ever it is she gets her faulty headlines. Somehow these people enjoy this crazy stuff.

Fear is a great tool for control. Keep people in a constant of fear and they are far easier to control and much less likely to go against the party.

In your typical liberal fashion, you've overlooked the main point of this thread. The COVID pandemic has left millions of people with permanent respiratory damage...

11% of COVID-19 survivors have residual lung damage, study finds

COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients' respiration can suffer

There were only two manufacturers of albuterol in the US, and now one of them has shut down. You would have thought that this administration had the foresight to protect American pharmaceutical manufacturers that produce this vital drug, but apparently the Biden administration has as little foresight as you do.

Well who let the virus run free to achieve "herd immunity" creating millions more Americans with "pre-existing conditions". What could possibly go wrong.

Why would the government coddle a company which was screwing up their drug production???

Thank you President Trump.

How is Joe Biden responsible for this???? This is a failure of the free market. Your dependence on the capitalist free market to meet your needs is creating shortages of everything for you.
My how Progs twist things around. These men and women who are in government and work for departments that monitor and influence the private side seem to be inept. On top of any issues. They bragged about it enough and still do. They interfere y not clearing the ways to production. In fact, they add more interference.

They get addicted to the energy created by the outrage, and need to be kept riled up to get that adrenalin rush. Eventually, they are exhausted by it all, but we're not there yet with the cult.

My how Progs twist things around. These men and women who are in government and work for departments that monitor and influence the private side seem to be inept. On top of any issues. They bragged about it enough and still do. They interfere y not clearing the ways to production. In fact, they add more interference.

That's a lot of words to say nothing.

The government doesn't "monitor and influence" private company production. The American government has no impact on supply and production of anything. Those are free market decisions. You seem to think you're living in Russia. Maybe you are.

Isn't the market suppose to handle this, where some enterprising group buys the assets and rejuvenates the plants? Okay how about a Government takeover, make appointments to keep the production up and people working.

There are other suppliers who are working on it. Sounds like so far the nebulizer cartridges are the only real shortage as the inhalers are still available.

Forum List

Back