Biden Makes Bizarre Claim That “We Cut Down All Our Forests”

Lol ....omg.... Somebody please send him home and let the bitch finish the term she couldn't be any worse.
Wow, an idiot-gram wrapped in a misogamy.

I'm begging to wonder how insane trump's defeat has infected his followers. Off course insane is always out of touch with reality, and in my wonderment I find so many so many posts insane are built on a foundation of hate.

I cannot speak to the amount of forest trees, but I have opinion of the quality of trees for timber an commercial sale. Most of the wood for doors, jambs and trim has changed drastically for the worse. 40 to 50 years ago the the coin of the realm, so to speak was white fir. It was known for beautiful even grained, very hard, great even stain absorbition without an applied treatment and great for painting, also. If you tried to supply soft pine, the market did not want it, as it was and is inferior. Old growth seems to be being replaced by much faster growing softer pines, to the point of no lumber yard carrying the higher quality as general stock in this country. The softer pines grow faster, but with more knots. The softer wood is more prone to warping. It is very hard to stain without a pretreatment, as stain absorption tends to vary by the foot, with so much residual tars and saps, to make some areas on a clear lineal 16 pc almost impossible to stain smoothly as some area will not accept stain at all, while others, suck it up like a sponge. Everything you see at the lumberyards is the lower quality pines, and this applies to trim as well has jambs. My home was built in 1962. All the jambs are clear flat jambs, both on doors and window. The wood quality is uniformly excellent, indeed when change various rooms from paint to stain, the jambs turned out to be door quality similar to what is used by premium door manufacturers such as Simpson Master Mark or Buffelen Door. Now many wood door manufacturers in this country are even going to the cheaper fast-growing pines, due to availability and price. As more wood is painted than stain, the shift has gone further making cheap MDF (medium density fiberboard) mostly from other countries in South America instead of finger jointed firs or even pines. That stuff is nothing but sawdust and water based thickener then squeezed out of a mold. When buying doors of more expensive mahogany, you aren't even getting mahogany, just some distant cousin, genetically, also primarily sourced from outside the country. No matter how you slice it, wood in this country just ain't what it used to be, but you would probably say, I am a wood snob from being from the industry for so many years.
That said, for all you true greenies out there, most of the wood I have written about comes from conifers and the needles grown probably in greater numbers as the more knotty the pine, the more branches and needles, probably have a greater carbon dioxide/oxygen exchange than the old growth firs that used a blanket the great northwest, and are much faster to grow and renew.
This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
I miss the mahogany and cherry.

hahah I think you mean Teddy...a Republican, that created national parks
FDR electrified rural America and stopped the need for massive amounts of firewood for heat and cooking. They tried to stop the moonshiners but they kept on burning wood.

FDR electrified rural America and stopped the need for massive amounts of firewood for heat and cooking. They tried to stop the moonshiners but they kept on burning wood.
um...people stil burn firewood to this day....try again.

Moreover electricity in 1936 was mainly produced by coal fire plants....mining for coal destroyed trees.

um...people stil burn firewood to this day....try again.

Moreover electricity in 1936 was mainly produced by coal fire plants....mining for coal destroyed trees.
Not at the volume before electrification. Mining for coal also destroyed mountains and polluted water.

During Trump's 4 years. Trump cut down every tree in America and used the wood to build Trump hotels and outhouses for San Francisco homeless people.
You know if MSDNC reported that, maybe dembot cultist would believe it....even while staring at a tree

Our 'elected (by hook or crook) representatives are showing signs of idiocy....moreso than what we'd seen say 3 years ago. I think the masks have something to do with that. If it is harming the little ones mental, physical and psychological and social progress then think what it is doing to this bunch of old farts sitting on their asses in the halls of congress. Hopefully the masks have shortened THEIR life spans.

Forum List

Back