Bicycle And Falling Deaths Exceed Deaths By Mass Shootings...what To Do?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well, obviously all bicyclists need to register their bikes with the federal government and should go through background checks, perhaps all bikes need to have their gears limited to only 5 instead of 10 or more...and of course their should be a waiting period for bikes...and they should be banned from all public places...

Those bike riders who ride "openly" just scare everyone anyway...

As to falling deaths...I guess all new homes must be single level and no more apartment buildings with more than one level....all street curbs will have to be done away with...

And on...and on...

CDC FBI Bicycle and Falling Deaths Far Exceed Deaths from Mass Shootings

Maybe while we are requiring background checks and banning large capacity magazines we can require bicycle helmets

Happy now?

The helmets of protection are coming...

640px-ChildAbductionIsNotFunny09.jpg

Well, of course you know...bike nuts sit on those things because they are obviously compensating for something....right?

Well, obviously all bicyclists need to register their bikes with the federal government and should go through background checks, perhaps all bikes need to have their gears limited to only 5 instead of 10 or more...and of course their should be a waiting period for bikes...and they should be banned from all public places...

Those bike riders who ride "openly" just scare everyone anyway...

As to falling deaths...I guess all new homes must be single level and no more apartment buildings with more than one level....all street curbs will have to be done away with...

And on...and on...

CDC FBI Bicycle and Falling Deaths Far Exceed Deaths from Mass Shootings

So you're comparing people who unintentionally hurt themselves to people who intentionally shoot and kill others?
I bet if I put a flashlight up to your ear I'd see a beam of light on the other side of your head.

Stats fool the uneducated. The tip off was that they had to combine the two to make them exceed gun deaths. The other tip off was this information comes from a site against big government.

Tip off you didn't bother reading the article...the article points out they come from the another source...read the article and find out which one...

Tip off...for your reading pleasure....

For example, the CDC bicycle-related injury report for 2010 shows that almost twice as many people died on bicycles in that one year than were killed in "mass shootings" during the 14 years studied by the FBI. Thus, while there were 418 deaths in "mass shootings" from 2000 to 2013, there were 800 deaths by bicycle in 2010 alone.

Moreover, there "were an estimated 515,000 emergency department visits" due to bicycle accidents.

And CDC death statistics for 2010 show there were 26,009 deaths from "falling" for that year alone. That's right--26,009 deaths in one year from falls from ladders, counters, roofs, mountains, etc.

Tip off you didn't bother reading the article...the article points out they come from the another source...read the article and find out which one...

Tip off...for your reading pleasure....

For example, the CDC bicycle-related injury report for 2010 shows that almost twice as many people died on bicycles in that one year than were killed in "mass shootings" during the 14 years studied by the FBI. Thus, while there were 418 deaths in "mass shootings" from 2000 to 2013, there were 800 deaths by bicycle in 2010 alone.

Moreover, there "were an estimated 515,000 emergency department visits" due to bicycle accidents.

And CDC death statistics for 2010 show there were 26,009 deaths from "falling" for that year alone. That's right--26,009 deaths in one year from falls from ladders, counters, roofs, mountains, etc.

I did read the article. You still miss the fact that they selected certain stats to make the numbers and fool you into trivializing the issue. You jumped throught the hoop like a good little doggie.

Forum List

Back