biafra needs a voice, can you lend yours and save lives?

Discussion in 'Africa' started by biafran, Sep 15, 2017.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,725
    Righteous prayers are always answered. They may not always be answered the way we think they should be as we are still but frail humans with a carnal side too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,456
    You reached me at a good time. I watched a special on our "Vice" news channel about the incredibly cruel and stupid actions of the Nigerian Govt in the delta region. Brutally destroying the people's attempt to make a living from their own oil distillation facilities. The govt didn't care about the people, their ingenuity to survive, or the environment. They opened thousands of drums of raw petrol distillates and allowed them to flow into the ground and the rivers. Literally POISONING thousands of square miles where people live.

Did not know about their other adventures and oppression. Only that this is not the first time that people of Biafra have been hurt and ignored. I wish you well. Work with Intl Agencies and the UN for a voice. Go to Christian charities and organizations for support. The US has a full plate of its own INTERNAL chaos and international threat. Some of it from Islamic sources. But not the largest threat anymore.

God Bless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. biafran

biafran Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thanks fla.
    can you please give me suggestions. people that can help

4. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,456
    I am not qualified to pick the best advocates for your safety and future. Some agencies just raise money and provide "relief". The ones you NEED are agencies (non-govt orgs NGO) that actually ADVOCATE POLITICALLY for a solution. Food and blankets are one thing. Putting REAL pressure on oppressive regimes is totally different.

Things are likely ONLY gonna change if your mates there in Nigeria put pressure on the G8 (US, Britain, France, Germany, etc) to INTERVENE on your behalf. And back down the raids and the discrimination that you are facing from an Islamist friendly govt.

You can search the web for people who KNOW how to motivate the Western govts to action. I found a couple, but I have no knowledge of how much power they have.

Christian Persecution in Nigeria | Open Doors USA

Nigeria 2016/2017

Amnesty says Nigerian military killed hundreds of minority Shiite Muslims

Maybe contacting the Christian Science Monitor, which is a HUGE western news organization and offering to REPORT about the conditions there would be an effective way to help. Don't put yourself into personal jeopardy to do this. Protect yourself so you can't be identified as a "reporting source".

Best wishes --

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. biafran

biafran Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thanks a lot!

we will definitely work with what you have suggested here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. basquebromance

basquebromance Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,935
    Jello Biafra, the singer from the Dead Kennedys, should be biafra's voice!