Beware of Flashlight Apps on your I Phone

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I do not have an I phone and rarely use telephones at all. I use an answer machine and it picks up all my calls! It's very convenient! But for someone with an i Phone this is a very serious situation if you have a Flashlight App on your phone. I have never heard of this - didn't even know you could have a Flashlight App for your i phone but if you own an i phone? You'll want to see this news report! My advice? Use a regular flashlight - you can buy a mini one and put it on your key chain too!

Cybersecurity Expert Gary Miliefsky - YouTube

Yep. Never understood that whole smartphone craze myself. Guess I'm a Luddite. lol I'll have to check out my son's Iphone though. . .

I have a flip top phone for emergencies but I changed the number and do not give it out. So it does not ring. ha! ha!

I have no desire to use the thing. I do not even like a land line. I would not even have this one except that my husband insisted I have one, Misterbeale. Phones are highly over rated. I prefer email.

Definitely warn your son that they can use that flashlight app to access all his private information - that malware attachment - it sounds like a very scary thing for people who own i phones and the man in the video said some 500,000 people have i phones? Was that the number? I find that amazing!

Yeah, I have a pay as you go flip phone for emergencies as well. Only three people know it's number. lol I'll check to see if he has that app.

CHINA, INDIA, AND RUSSIA???? OH DEAR JESUS!!!!! WE'RE ALL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

R01UqIdJjAvHzLPU4qZtAoUR7AtpJfhuPd6cH_s605AEo5dELjjpic020dTjsAcVdqwTOTA61jCAmwVhqNS-7EppbKX3qkj2ZRuaQrdXViQCE0mPvOyDSZSExw

I have a flip top phone for emergencies but I changed the number and do not give it out. So it does not ring. ha! ha!

I have no desire to use the thing. I do not even like a land line. I would not even have this one except that my husband insisted I have one, Misterbeale. Phones are highly over rated. I prefer email.

You can use your Iphone for email, or Internet browsing, or posting on USMB, or listening to/ saving music, takin' pictures, using as an alarm or timer, checkin' the weather, studying the stars, recording videos, Youtube, calculating mathematics, recording voice memos, using GPS for navigation, saving pictures from the web as resources, learning sacred geometry, reading the Bible or ancient manuscripts, translating languages...

The list goes on.

I guess you can even call people or video chat with them, or text them... but the Iphone ascended past a "phone" a long time ago.

I do not have an I phone and rarely use telephones at all. I use an answer machine and it picks up all my calls! It's very convenient!
Not for anyone who has taken the time to call you.

If they know me they can contact my husband on his cell # and he will give me the message.

My policy is I do not talk on the phone unless it's absolutely necessary. My friends know this about me and accept that this is how I do things. It's not a problem.

Most apps have security flaws if one is so inclined to find and exploit them. A friend of mine has his own "lab" as he calls it for the purpose of finding security flaws in electronics. He is basically a guy who has made so much money in computer networking with backend contract payments that he never has to work again and does this stuff as a hobby. He finds these exploits and then usually notifies the companies to make them aware of it.

I do not have an I phone and rarely use telephones at all. I use an answer machine and it picks up all my calls! It's very convenient!
Not for anyone who has taken the time to call you.

Consider this, Synthaholic. I've taken the time out to warn you about a phone app that could be getting very important information - without your knowledge - which could without your realizing it - cause you tremendous trouble.

Your welcome.

Most apps have security flaws if one is so inclined to find and exploit them. A friend of mine has his own "lab" as he calls it for the purpose of finding security flaws in electronics. He is basically a guy who has made so much money in computer networking with backend contract payments that he never has to work again and does this stuff as a hobby. He finds these exploits and then usually notifies the companies to make them aware of it.
These aren't security flaws. It is malware.

These aren't security flaws. It is malware.

That these things run as malware is a security flaw in the OS. Even readers have security holes in them apparently that allow malware to gather info.

I do not have an I phone and rarely use telephones at all. I use an answer machine and it picks up all my calls! It's very convenient! But for someone with an i Phone this is a very serious situation if you have a Flashlight App on your phone. I have never heard of this - didn't even know you could have a Flashlight App for your i phone but if you own an i phone? You'll want to see this news report! My advice? Use a regular flashlight - you can buy a mini one and put it on your key chain too!

Cybersecurity Expert Gary Miliefsky - YouTube

Free apps are always suspect. Any app can be malware. The way you have the settings on your phone can help. This is not really news to most people. They find the risk acceptable. I don't keep any important private data on my phone.

Yep. Never understood that whole smartphone craze myself. Guess I'm a Luddite. lol I'll have to check out my son's Iphone though. . .

I have a smartphone (Android os) can't imagine not having one now, just too many conveniences .

Oh yeah, I have a flashlight app, have to check this out.

"I have a flip top phone for emergencies but I changed the number"

well you don't want the devil to get your number!!

I hear the devil can come through your internet connection wires too!!

Recent events:
topbul1d.gif
2000-APR: USA: Book published about computer possession: Reverend Jim Peasboro of Savannah GA has written a book "The Devil in the Machine: Is your computer possessed by a demon?" Some of the points raised in the book by the author are:

topbul2d.gif
"While the Computer Age has ushered in many advances, it has also opened yet another door through which Lucifer and his minions can enter and corrupt men's souls."
topbul2d.gif
Demons can possess anything with a brain, including a chicken, a human being, or a computer.
topbul2d.gif
"Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit."
topbul2d.gif
"...most of the youths involved in school shootings like the tragedy at Columbine were computer buffs...I have no doubt that computer demons exerted an influence on them."
topbul2d.gif
an estimated "...one in 10 computers in America now houses some type of evil spirit."
topbul2d.gif
"Christian Technicians can replace the hard drive and reinstall the software, getting rid of the wicked spirit permanently."
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

You can use your Iphone for email, or Internet browsing, or posting on USMB, or listening to/ saving music, takin' pictures, using as an alarm or timer, checkin' the weather, studying the stars, recording videos, Youtube, calculating mathematics, recording voice memos, using GPS for navigation, saving pictures from the web as resources, learning sacred geometry, reading the Bible or ancient manuscripts, translating languages...

The list goes on.

I guess you can even call people or video chat with them, or text them... but the Iphone ascended past a "phone" a long time ago.

I have a smartphone (Android os) can't imagine not having one now, just too many conveniences .

Give me an example of one "convenience."

Give me an example of one "convenience."

The flashlight is one.
The GPS is another.
Internet access where ever you are is another.
Music is another.
A handy camera (still & video) is yet another.
If you have a small business you can get the app & accessory to swipe credit or debit cards.
Access to videos is another.
E-books is yet another.

Those are just a few of the conveniences.

Forum List

Back