Friends or Seinfeld

• Friends

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
"Norm!" . Cheers fans?
The usual brief banter between Norm and Woody made that show. Like:

woody: How’s’ life treating you Mr. Peterson?

norm: life is for the dogs and I’m wearing Milkbone underwear.

Or:

Woody: How’s everything Mr. Peterson?

Norm: poor.

Woody: oh. I’m sorry to hear that Mr. Peterson.

Norm: no, Woody. poUr.

Seinfeld...not even close. Nothing wrong with Friends.

Just an FYI...if you wanted to see what Friends would be like with actual fully formed adults...check out Coupling from BBC.

Seinfeld all the way.

Friends was just okay and the formula became stale after a couple seasons.

I even found the characters on Big Bang Theory far more interesting than the ones on Friends.

Honestly, it is hard to imagine that this question would even be asked.
You could ask say... what is better Seinfeld or Cheers. That would at least be debatable.

Seinfeld could have been just as good without Jerry, but it would have never been as good without Jason Alexander or Michael Richards. Those two were more important than Jerry. Jerry's character could have been any decent comic and it would have worked.

Seinfeld could have been just as good without Jerry, but it would have never been as good without Jason Alexander or Michael Richards. Those two were more important than Jerry. Jerry's character could have been any decent comic and it would have worked.
I’ve heard the George character was based on real life Larry David

I’ve heard the George character was based on real life Larry David
Yes it is. Larry David said so several times actually.
In an interview Jason Alexander said he was nervous about playing a character based on LD, he was very much a newcomer actor at this point and figured if his portrayal of David wasn't any good he would never act again.

Jerry was a straight man
They are never appreciated but they set up the gag

Yes it is. Larry David said so several times actually.
In an interview Jason Alexander said he was nervous about playing a character based on LD, he was very much a newcomer actor at this point and figured if his portrayal of David wasn't any good he would never act again.

Jason Alexander said that initially he based the role on Woody Allen and it evolved into Larry David.
If you watch the first few episodes, you can see the Woody Allen imitation

The usual brief banter between Norm and Woody made that show. Like:
woody: How’s’ life treating you Mr. Peterson?
norm: life is for the dogs and I’m wearing Milkbone underwear.

Actually, I think the comment was something like: "It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear!"

Over time the writers quit writing those Norm entrance jokes because it was so hard to come up with good lines, so started just already having Norm seated in the bar when things began!

Seinfeld was great. I didn't watch too many Friends episodes I thought Seinfeld characters were funnier and the writing was better. I loved the Seinfeld episode with Mel Torme.

The thing that killed Friends was they had this big comfortable sofa at the local coffee shop and it was always empty and no one ever sat there but them!

Jerry was a straight man
They are never appreciated but they set up the gag
First of all I will openly admit, I never saw the talent of Jerry Seinfeld. His stand up is mediocre. His acting ability is average, and the scope of his comedy is pretty slim. A lot of the same schtick in different scenarios. Change the parameters... but it is still the same joke. (Not Seinfeld, I mean his stand up)

Forum List

Back