Better banning process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathianne said:
Can't help but wonder. :dunno: But I think Darin demonstrated admirable control. :bow2:

Ehh. I don't know, we could have enjoyed a real old school smackdown. Now we have the tepid sniping and perpetual boredom that results from the same fuckers on here, day in, day out.

rtwngAvngr said:
Ehh. I don't know, we could have enjoyed a real old school smackdown. Now we have the tepid sniping and perpetual boredom that results from the same fuckers on here, day in, day out.

So Jason I have to wonder whats got you riled up these days, besides the Jew thing i mean??

Although it is nice to see that fighting spirit back in you:dev1: :fifty: :)

Bonnie said:
So Jason I have to wonder whats got you riled up these days, besides the Jew thing i mean??

Although it is nice to see that fighting spirit back in you:dev1: :fifty: :)

I can't really say, due to the rules.

lines
READ
lines

Dr Grump said:
You really need to grow a thicker skin Darin....seriously...

My son was sick last week. Caught a virus. Luckily I was able to have a doctor give him medicine to keep the virus from spreading with medication.

That guy is/was a virus. His intent here was to muck up the place. The banning option is the only medication I can give this board to help ensure its health.

You are NOT a better judge of who or who isn't a troll. You have no place to question me because I do not work for you. If you want to comment on my administration practices of this board, please do so via PM - as per the rules you agree to, in order to post here.

Dr Grump said:
You really need to grow a thicker skin Darin....seriously...

I stand behind Darin 300% on this.

DO NOT come here, go immediately to the "announcements" section and start criticizing anything about the board and/or members. Wrong forum, bad 1st thread, against written rules and obviously meant to solely start trouble in the most visible section of the board. The announcements section is NOT the place to start having a little chat with people, let alone bashing people on your first post.

roomy said:
Too much censorship as it is, without mods making it personal, imo.

Too much censorship? Do you seriosuly know what censorship is? Other than blatant, vulgar obscenities (which even they usually remain, as not a single word is auto banned on this forum) absolutely nothing here is censored. I think you're confusing rules and order with censorship. Can you please tell me what it is specifically that I have censored here that I can help with?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:
My son was sick last week. Caught a virus. Luckily I was able to have a doctor give him medicine to keep the virus from spreading with medication.

That guy is/was a virus. His intent here was to muck up the place. The banning option is the only medication I can give this board to help ensure its health.

You are NOT a better judge of who or who isn't a troll. You have no place to question me because I do not work for you. If you want to comment on my administration practices of this board, please do so via PM - as per the rules you agree to, in order to post here.

Dmp, I like you, you are a good guy and Yukon may well be a fucking arsehole, but why not give us the opportunity of finding that out for ourselves, we aren't that fucking thick.If consensus deems him a troll fair enough, democracy is a fine thing.You should surely extend the same courtesy to DrGrump and have posted this in PM.I sympathise with you about your child, I was running between work home and hospital because my grandson was sufferring from a serious chest infection, he's home now but still ill.My point being, my personal anxiety is, my personal anxiety.Most new posters with different views would be banned because they post in attack mode, based, initially, upon what has gone before, you could be pre-empting nothing.Before you go off on one, give me a PM.

jimnyc said:
I stand behind Darin 300% on this.

Too much censorship? Do you seriosuly know what censorship is? Other than blatant, vulgar obscenities (which even they usually remain, as not a single word is auto banned on this forum) absolutely nothing here is censored. I think you're confusing rules and order with censorship. Can you please tell me what it is specifically that I have censored here that I can help with?

It's all about personal opinion, and when you apply personal opinion to posts with the power of mod or admin and insist it applies it becomes censorship.My only gripe is that we weren't given sufficient opportunity to decide for ourselves whether this poster was a troll or not, I am sure we could have reached the right conclusion on our own, and it would have been more fun.How many times have we all rubbed people up the wrong way?Heaven forfend we do it in our first few posts.

roomy said:
Dmp, I like you, you are a good guy and Yukon may well be a fucking arsehole, but why not give us the opportunity of finding that out for ourselves, we aren't that fucking thick.If consensus deems him a troll fair enough, democracy is a fine thing.You should surely extend the same courtesy to DrGrump and have posted this in PM.I sympathise with you about your child, I was running between work home and hospital because my grandson was sufferring from a serious chest infection, he's home now but still ill.My point being, my personal anxiety is, my personal anxiety.Most new posters with different views would be banned because they post in attack mode, based, initially, upon what has gone before, you could be pre-empting nothing.Before you go off on one, give me a PM.

Because we don't run this board as a democracy. This board is a dictatorship. Often Jim will ask board members what they think about something - but the 'call' is made by Jim, or if Jim isn't here, then I make the call. When you're on the board staff you can expect your way of doing things to be shown. Until then, rest assured knowing you have moderators and admins who are more concerned about how this board operates than you likely know.

Extend what courtesy to Grump? eh?

roomy said:
It's all about personal opinion, and when you apply personal opinion to posts with the power of mod or admin and insist it applies it becomes censorship.My only gripe is that we weren't given sufficient opportunity to decide for ourselves whether this poster was a troll or not, I am sure we could have reached the right conclusion on our own, and it would have been more fun.How many times have we all rubbed people up the wrong way?Heaven forfend we do it in our first few posts.

And how should we handle users that refuse to read the rules first before posting, and starting off in such a fashion. There HAS to be some sort of order here or this would turn into Yahoo's boards. The moderation is in place mainly to keep out spammers, advertisers & those that come here simply for a reaction, rules aside. But we should give those that want to go without rules a chance first though? If the rules are followed there wouldn't be any censorship. Had he went directly to the Politics forum and made a post about Bush being the worst man on the planet and ripped him, his wife and kids - he would still be here posting.

Look up "Bullypulpit" or "Psychoblues". Both liberals, both can be pain in the asses and neither is overwhelmingly a favorite around here. But I admire both as they have decided to stay so long and demand to be heard - but all along they have both followed the rules. Good posters, good members, weird debate - we just happen to have differening opinions - but they are welcome here as much as ANYONE on this board.

I don't think I am asking too much for people to follow a few written rules in order to be a member here.

Seriously, go to DU or ANY other political board out there, stay a few weeks, then come back here and talk about censorship.

Maybe we can continue some of this in your thread in the chat section?

roomy said:
It's all about personal opinion, and when you apply personal opinion to posts with the power of mod or admin and insist it applies it becomes censorship.

That makes no sense, roomy. People having moderating power who applying personal opinion to posts makes 'censorship'? Are you reading this brother? Wtf?

My only gripe is that we weren't given sufficient opportunity to decide for ourselves whether this poster was a troll or not, I am sure we could have reached the right conclusion on our own, and it would have been more fun.How many times have we all rubbed people up the wrong way?Heaven forfend we do it in our first few posts.

It's OUR job to handle trolls. I've been doing board moderating for about 6 years now. I'm well versed in the language of trolls. See, we aren't going to wait around until a United Nations inspector groups sifts through evidence, prepares reports and ask the world to vote on whether or not that guy is a troll. We 'see' trollish behaviour and we execute his account. Why? Because like the USA is the biggest, baddest Mother-fucking country on the planet, USMB is the biggest baddest muther-fucking board on the net. We make decisions from the top down when we see bullshit new members who need to be purged from our 'society'.

We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the USMB way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back