Best Wireless Printer?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I don't even remember where and when I bought the damn thing, but I finally decided to install this wireless printer I have had at my house for a probably a couple years.

It's an HP printer. Don't remember the specific model. Doesn't matter, because it is a piece of shit. The scanner function does not work. I keep getting message to run the alignment, but the alignment never freaking completes itself. I can't even see the test pattern it printed, even though the scanner light is working.

But here's my real gripe about the blasted thing: the ink cartridges do not last for even a quarter of a ream of paper! What the ever loving fuck is that about?

It requires two ink cartridges. One black, one color, and together they cost about 32 bucks.

What a piece of crap this thing is.

So...what's a good wireless printer out there that doesn't need to be fed 32 dollars every thirty sheets of paper?

Hmmm. Just checked my Amazon orders and it appears I bought an Epson WorkForce WF-2540 wireless printer last May. It's a real cheapo thing. I kinda remember that.

I have no idea where I put it. It must be in my house somewhere. Maybe I will dig it out and try that one.

It appears I did not buy the Hewlitt-Packard pile of junk from Amazon. Must have got it at Office Max or somesuch place.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the xerox phaser printer. Uses solid ink. Superb quality. Printer is expensive but the ink is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xerox Phaser. Hmm. I will check that out.

Thank you.

Dell 2155cdn Review - ComputerShopper.com

I purchased this Dell because I was sick and tired of cheapo printers that cost a fortune in cartridges.

It came fully delivered for $300 and I had to buy the wireless adapter separately. A full set of 4 color cartridges will set me back $80 on Amazon.

So why did I buy it? Because it is a high speed color laser printer with all of the bells and whistles. And when I mean high speed it produces the first page in under 5 seconds from a cold start. It will do double sided printing, 2 up and 4 up on a page. Technically that means that I can print 8 pages on a single piece of paper.

The scanner is solid, I can save my scans directly to a flash drive on the USB port if I like. Color copying is excellent. I have had it for about a year now and it prints for everyone in the family. I am only only half way through the black cartridge and maybe 10% on each of the color cartridges so that means I haven't spent another cent since I bought it. To replace just the black cartridge will cost me $25 but then it will be good for another couple of thousand pages.

I am glad I spent a little more and got something that is solid, reliable and relatively cheap to run.

We stopped printing at home some time ago. I use the Canon ImageClass D320 here at the office and keep a running tab at 3 cents per. It's black and white and uses a toner cartridge. Been a great little workhorse. If the Mrs. needs anything she'll just email it to me. For color, I email stuff to the local print shop. It's plenty cheap. As for printing photos at home? Fergeddaboudit.

I purchased this Dell because I was sick and tired of cheapo printers that cost a fortune in cartridges.

It came fully delivered for $300 and I had to buy the wireless adapter separately. A full set of 4 color cartridges will set me back $80 on Amazon.

So why did I buy it? Because it is a high speed color laser printer with all of the bells and whistles. And when I mean high speed it produces the first page in under 5 seconds from a cold start. It will do double sided printing, 2 up and 4 up on a page. Technically that means that I can print 8 pages on a single piece of paper.

The scanner is solid, I can save my scans directly to a flash drive on the USB port if I like. Color copying is excellent. I have had it for about a year now and it prints for everyone in the family. I am only only half way through the black cartridge and maybe 10% on each of the color cartridges so that means I haven't spent another cent since I bought it. To replace just the black cartridge will cost me $25 but then it will be good for another couple of thousand pages.

I am glad I spent a little more and got something that is solid, reliable and relatively cheap to run.

Nice.

But it looks like a piece of furniture. Big.

Nice.

But it looks like a piece of furniture. Big.

Yes, it is big which is why I set it up in the study. There is a smaller black & white model.

Dell B1265dnf Multifunction Mono Laser Printer Review & Rating | PCMag.com

I wanted color which is why I went for the bigger one.

Forum List

Back