Best Place to Sell a Computer?

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
You know as my daughter is prone to impulse buys and so am I I can't get mad at her for buy this computer. However after looking at ebay and then craigslist, I was wondering what people suggest is the best place to sell a computer and what to look out for when doing so?

It's okay as you know CG, I put it on craigslist yeterday and if anything it's been entertaining to say the least. *laughs*

It's okay as you know CG, I put it on craigslist yeterday and if anything it's been entertaining to say the least. *laughs*
If some asshole shows up from Craigslist, have a pistol handy.
Ebay is the real deal. Craig is uh murkin.

Doug, It's been really entertaing to the kinds of people that call on this thing, my favorite so far is the payment one. I told her sure, I'll take payments you can have it when your done paying for it in 5 years. *laughs* My god the thing is only 300 dollars. I'm beginnging to think your right though, although I can honestly say I have never used Ebay other than to look at it.

Doug, It's been really entertaing to the kinds of people that call on this thing, my favorite so far is the payment one. I told her sure, I'll take payments you can have it when your done paying for it in 5 years. *laughs* My god the thing is only 300 dollars. I'm beginnging to think your right though, although I can honestly say I have never used Ebay other than to look at it.

Yeah, stay away from Craigs List, the nut jobs come out of the woodwork there. Ebay is probably best unless you want to donate the computer and take the full cost write off.

Ebay is a bit of effort but you'll see by the ratings there is an ENORMOUS amount of real professionals dealing there.
I just hope they have their P'z and Q'z dotted for the IRS.:mad:
Craigslist is the Harlem Ebay.

In all seriousness be careful of craigslist...don't let someone in your home to see what else you got. Craigslist is a haven for lower criminals.
Criagslist:
1) You have no idea of true identity.
2) You have no idea of the persons past, and no way to know it.
3) If something happens you have no recourse.

Go with ebay or Amazon

Well, Amazon sounds like a smarter option.

Their customer service is pretty good considering they are such a large company.
I have bought and sold numerous things through Amazon...all good so far.
When something goes wrong - it is much like a credit card purchase. You can reverse the charges if you can make the case to Amazon that the item is not what was represented...good luck with eBay on that.
Also..Amazon holds the payment until UPS or Fedex etc. tracking shows that item was received.

Last edited:
Well, Amazon sounds like a smarter option.

Their customer service is pretty good considering they are such a large company.
I have bought and sold numerous things through Amazon...all good so far.
When something goes wrong - it is much like a credit card purchase. You can reverse the charges if you can make the case to Amazon that the item is not what was represented...good luck with eBay on that.
Also..Amazon holds the payment until UPS or Fedex etc. tracking shows that item was received.

I think I'll throw him a quick email about it since I'm not sure if he's seen the suggestion.

Update, we are going to put it on Amazon we decided for a number of reasons as we took it off craigslist which has been just a complete joke and the frankly while it was entertaining for a little while its moved into that bothersome catagory. When I got an email from craigslist from someone wanting me to accept a check from Africa, that was about the end of that.

Update, we are going to put it on Amazon we decided for a number of reasons as we took it off craigslist which has been just a complete joke and the frankly while it was entertaining for a little while its moved into that bothersome catagory. When I got an email from craigslist from someone wanting me to accept a check from Africa, that was about the end of that.

:lol::lol:

Seems wise to head to Amazon. I'm sure it'll get snapped up pretty quick.

:lol::lol:

Seems wise to head to Amazon. I'm sure it'll get snapped up pretty quick.

*laughs * she better hope so it's in my way CG!!

Forum List

Back