Best Changes to Presidential Elections

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1)National Top Two Winner Primary.
(a) First make it a national primary, meaning every state votes on the same day like the generals. Why should Iowa and NH be more important than CA or TX? The process is too long and too expensive. Candidates should try to appeal to the entire country as a whole not to individual states.
(b) No more primaries down party line. No more having primaries where each candidate moves as far left (if Democrat) or far right (if Republican) and no third party candidates not having a chance. Top two winners move on to the generals meaning the #1 and #2 vote getters, regardless of party move on. It could be two Democrats, two Republicans, 1 D and 1 R, 1 D or R and one Libertarian or even 2 independents.

(2) No Winner Take All States.
If you still want electoral colleges, then break it down two ways.
(a) Each Congressional district electoral colleges goes to the candidate that won. Meaning say CA tilted 60% D and 40% R, then CA electoral colleges get split that way also. Same for Texas and Red states. This way the candidates would again appeal to the entire nation and not just go after a few select "battleground states!" I saw very few campaign ads in IL. They just didn't give a fuck about IL, yet when I went on business to OH, they were flooded. Now every states would be in play! For my liberal friends in firmly red states, don't you want your vote to count also? For everyone not in OH, FL, CO, VA, MI etc, or the so called battleground states, don't you want the candidate to actually care about your state also?
(b) Also give a few (very few) extra for winning the popular vote in the state.

(3) Exact Voter ID:
(a) Require voter registration the way currently do it. Have a systems in place to purge the rolls of deceased, convicted criminals etc.
(b) Require a driver's license or state ID cards that matches the address on the registration. When the voter comes in, he/she states their name and then hands employee their DL or State ID. They match the name and address. If they match up, then the person can vote, if not then they move to another area, were they must show further proof and another employee tries to verify the information using a background checking system via the internet. My company has some of the best and most accurate ways to do this, it's called skip tracing! If it's fails you don't get to vote, maybe next time you should get your address changed to the correct one at the DMV, blame yourself for being careless and lazy not the government!
(c) If you are one of the very very very very very very very rare cases where you have no identification and are so piss poor (or really lazy, stupid or fucking retarded :eusa_silenced:), then you can go to your local government building, free of charge fill out paperwork and obtain a voucher to receive a free state ID card! Then they go to the local DMV and get to vote. This card will help them in a million different ways than just voting. Actually there will be a few hundred more value items they can take care of now then voting. Now if they are too lazy, stupid or fucking retarded to take these steps to obtain a free State ID card, then fuck them and the liberals that support them, they don't deserve to vote if they can't do this. Again blame yourself not the government.

(4) End Political Gerrymandering To Fix Voting!
Anyone ever see Luis Gutierrez's district, it's the WORST put together to get the WORST politician in Congress reelected time after time. See below. We need to end this type of shit and draw the districts in ways that make sense geographically. Some will be bigger than other and some will be smaller!

IL04_109.gif

I totally agree on (2) and (4), although I have heard that calling for photo i.d. could mean ten million Americans can't vote (because they don't drive), versus some 86 counts of voter fraud at the last election. The interesting thing about this - the ten million Americans was considered heavily Democrat leaning as they were largely urban poor.

I'd forget (1) and just go with a good old proportional representation system at state level. If you get 10% of the Texas vote, you get 10% of Texas's representation in Washington.

Forum List

Back