Best Buy Reward Zone

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
For years I have been purchasing things from Best Buy and each time when I go to check out the clerk asked for my Reward Zone card and frankly after a while I never paid attention to it anymore till the other day. Over the years they sent me various things, offering 20% off items that I had zero interest in, such as Xbox 360 etc. ( no offense to you gamers out there), so I slowly came to the conclusion that Reward Zone was just sort of one of those things that sounded good on paper.

The other day however, I was in need of a monitor and as I also like the idea of using a nice LED TV for that use so I can have several inputs including my Direct TV. I had my eye on a Toshiba TV. It was on sale and as I was thinking on it the clerk mentioned " hey have you ever used your Reward Zone points? " and at that I gave him the same thoughts I mentioned earlier. Anyway, we went and checked and turns out I had over time gotten about 200.00 worth of points so the TV ended up costing me around 53.00 after the sale price had been taken off. So from this point forward I will keep a closer eye on these sorts of things.

This kind of thing happened to me also.
A few years back our company did not have corporate CC cards so higher purchasers used their own cards and just submitted for reimbursement.
I did this for 2-3 years...I had a cash back card. I never checked it. Then I did.
I had over $800.

Sweet! IEvery time you make a purchase at BB I think it adds points to your reward zone account. We often get an email saying we have $5 worth of RZ points (we don't buy much at BB). Don't you love an unexpected savings on something you were going to buy anyway? :thup:

Sweet! IEvery time you make a purchase at BB I think it adds points to your reward zone account. We often get an email saying we have $5 worth of RZ points (we don't buy much at BB). Don't you love an unexpected savings on something you were going to buy anyway? :thup:

I do love it when that happens, and to be honest I was about to just walk away from the TV and go on the internet because, was of the opinion I could have gotten it cheaper. My daughter was with me and I got an earfull as she is always on the old man about coupons and as I am an old dinasour I tell her those things are a waste of time. Well, guess even and old warhorse can get trained huh. LOL

Unused points might expire after a certain time period, so check the fine print.
BB also has a computer terminal where you can log in and check your point status, and even print your rewared certificate right there in the store.

Unused points might expire after a certain time period, so check the fine print.
BB also has a computer terminal where you can log in and check your point status, and even print your rewared certificate right there in the store.

I had not clue about that as well Mr. H thank you, the Best Buy near our home is a small one and doesn't have everything in it , but will make sure I check next time I go in.

I think $150 is the biggest one I ever cashed in.
I know there are Best Buy horror stories out there, but I've had nothing but good experience.
I've had clerks talk me out of buying something I didn't need, or steer me to a cheaper product that did the same task.

One of the reasons I prefer the small Best Buy near my home is because they tend to be more helpful and friendly, and even if they don't have it at their store which they often don't they get it there for me to pick up. Personally I prefer good service and am willing to even pay a little more for it too. While it may not be the same for everyone, I tend to believe that these gigantic stores with everything so cheap and fend for youself are not always the best thing in the world especially if you ever have a problem or want service for it.

Forum List

Back