Bernie's campaign staff salaries start at $36,000 through union negotiations.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Bernie scares the establishment more than Trump does, so they're reaching for any little smear they can find.

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders defended his campaign’s compensation package Friday after a Washington Post story highlighted concerns among staffers that they were not receiving the $15-an-hour wages Sanders champions on the campaign trail.

"I'm very proud to be the first presidential candidate to recognize a union and negotiate a union contract," the Vermont senator and presidential candidate told the Des Moines Register in an interview Friday. "And that contract was ratified by the employees of the campaign, and it not only provides pay of at least $15 an hour, it also provides, I think, the best health care benefits that any employer can provide for our field organizers."

He also expressed frustration that staffers had taken their complaints to the media.

"It does bother me that people are going outside of the process and going to the media," he said. "That is really not acceptable. It is really not what labor negotiations are about, and it's improper."

Bernie Sanders defends staff compensation after complaints his campaign isn't paying $15 an hour

Forum List

Back