Bernie Sanders: Vietnam conscientious objector

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Doesn't this disqualify him according to the left/dems standards? They've brought this up about Cheney, Bush, and lets not forget Ted Nugent. they throw this around any time they want to "INSULT" someone. But??? it only applies to anyone Republican I guess. this an article from the site: hotair. You decide.

snip:
Somehow I’m not really sure that this is a disqualifier among Democrats these days, assuming it ever was

Hillary supporters seem to be getting desperate enough to lob some actual shots across Bernie Sanders’ bow now, and one of them was an accusation that he tried to secure conscientious objector status to keep himself out of the Vietnam war. (ABC News)

Bernie Sanders applied for conscientious objector status during the Vietnam War, his campaign confirmed to ABC News.

Last week, the
Des Moines Register ran a column from a Hillary Clinton supporter and Vietnam veteran, titled, “How can Sanders be commander in chief?”

“My question as a Vietnam veteran is: How on earth could a person claiming to be a conscientious objector become the commander in chief of the most powerful military in the world?” questioned the column author Steve Wikert. According to a profile from the Vermont Senator’s hometown newspaper, the Burlington Free Press, his conscientious objector status application was eventually rejected, but by then Sanders was too old to be drafted.

Well, now that the question has been tossed out there I suppose it’s worth asking. What should the voters read into this as it relates to a man who seeks to be the Commander in Chief of the planet’s sole remaining military superpower? And what will our adversaries read into that when considering actions which might possibly elicit a military response from the United States

all of it here:
Bernie Sanders: Vietnam conscientious objector - Hot Air

Last edited:
Doesn't this disqualify him according to the left/dems standards? They've brought this up about Cheney, Bush, and lets not forget Ted Nugent. this throw this around anything they want to "INSULT" someone. But??? it only applies to anyone Republican I guess. this an article from the site: hotair. You decide.

snip:
Somehow I’m not really sure that this is a disqualifier among Democrats these days, assuming it ever was

Hillary supporters seem to be getting desperate enough to lob some actual shots across Bernie Sanders’ bow now, and one of them was an accusation that he tried to secure conscientious objector status to keep himself out of the Vietnam war. (ABC News)

Bernie Sanders applied for conscientious objector status during the Vietnam War, his campaign confirmed to ABC News.

Last week, the
Des Moines Register ran a column from a Hillary Clinton supporter and Vietnam veteran, titled, “How can Sanders be commander in chief?”

“My question as a Vietnam veteran is: How on earth could a person claiming to be a conscientious objector become the commander in chief of the most powerful military in the world?” questioned the column author Steve Wikert. According to a profile from the Vermont Senator’s hometown newspaper, the Burlington Free Press, his conscientious objector status application was eventually rejected, but by then Sanders was too old to be drafted.

Well, now that the question has been tossed out there I suppose it’s worth asking. What should the voters read into this as it relates to a man who seeks to be the Commander in Chief of the planet’s sole remaining military superpower? And what will our adversaries read into that when considering actions which might possibly elicit a military response from the United States

all of it here:
Sanders has consistently been against wars, cheney was a chickehawk that ran from the military then cheered for war and was part of war crimes that he should along with bush should have been hung for

Doesn't this disqualify him according to the left/dems standards? They've brought this up about Cheney, Bush, and lets not forget Ted Nugent. this throw this around anything they want to "INSULT" someone. But??? it only applies to anyone Republican I guess. this an article from the site: hotair. You decide.

snip:

Last week, the

all of it here:
Sanders has consistently been against wars, cheney was a chickehawk that ran from the military then cheered for war and was part of war crimes that he should along with bush should have been hung for
You (and the rest of us) have to help Stephanie with these kinds of things. She's not very good at understanding what is hypocrisy and what is not hypocrisy.

Good for him but Stoopid Stuff - being a CO is far different from being a draft dodger, like your heroes and your choice for prez.

Also, you're wrong that the shrub was a draft dodger.

Bush and Cheney are war criminals who caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of children which, of course, makes him a hero to you.

Pretty sick when we criticize a man for being against war.

Good for him but Stoopid Stuff - being a CO is far different from being a draft dodger, like your heroes and your choice for prez.

Also, you're wrong that the shrub was a draft dodger.

Bush and Cheney are war criminals who caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of children which, of course, makes him a hero to you.

Pretty sick when we criticize a man for being against war.

being a CO is far different from being a draft dodger, like your heroes and your choice for prez.

Like Kerry, who enlisted after his second deferment was turned down

I really don't care.

As a vet, I don't want a chickenshit backing me up..

Just think Kerry or Bergdahl, and you'll understand.

Since Kerry is a decorated veteran - Bronze Star, Silver Star, THREE Purple Hearts, etc, I'm sure you mean Drumpf.

Pretty funny when he was asked which foot he used to get out of serving and he couldn't even remember. He said 'its in the records'.

Both he and his asshole sons are draft dodgers but he wants to send other people's kids to be killed for nothing. And the RWs love him for that hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I really don't care.

Since Kerry is a decorated veteran - Bronze Star, Silver Star, THREE Purple Hearts, etc, I'm sure you mean Drumpf.

Pretty funny when he was asked which foot he used to get out of serving and he couldn't even remember. He said 'its in the records'.

Both he and his asshole sons are draft dodgers but he wants to send other people's kids to be killed for nothing. And the RWs love him for that hypocrisy and dishonesty.

That's not why they love him.

They love him for bring up topics the professional politicians are afraid of.

But he'll run out of steam, and fall to the wayside.

I really don't care.

Kerry is a hero???

Then why did he have to have his discharge upgraded 6 years after he got out, then have his medals restored???

You can't ask for something back you didn't lose.

- The Washington Times - Monday, September 1, 2008

DOVER, Del. (AP) | Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, received five student draft deferments during the Vietnam War, the same number of deferments received by Vice President Dick Cheney, and later was disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager.

Biden’s draft deferments equal Cheney’s during Vietnam War

I like Biden and Sanders, but I don't like Cheney.

I'd probably like Joe at a bar with a few in him. Bernie is a crank, and boring to boot.

Of the three, Cheney is the only one with his head on straight.

I really don't care.

Kerry is a hero???

Then why did he have to have his discharge upgraded 6 years after he got out, then have his medals restored???

Not those sorry LIES again.

Why do RWs hate our military so much?

I really don't care.

That's not why they love him.

They love him for bring up topics the professional politicians are afraid of.

But he'll run out of steam, and fall to the wayside.

RW traitors love Drumpf because he tells them the lies they want to hear.

And, RW traitors hate our military vets.

But yes, Drumpf will drop out.

11933432_10207759878984918_1283107631137152369_n.jpg

I really don't care.

Kerry is a hero???

I don't, and as a vet, I even appreciate honorable service from a Lib (and have stated that)

Now, for your reading pleasure this morning..

Get a cup of coffee, sober up, and enjoy!!!

Kerry's Discharge Is Questioned by an Ex-JAG Officer - The New York Sun

I really don't care.

Kerry is a hero???

I don't, and as a vet, I even appreciate honorable service from a Lib (and have stated that)

"I even appreciate honorable service from a Lib"

That disgusting statement proves you're a liar.

Its true that RWs hate our military and our vets. RWs loved it when Drumpf attacked POWs.

RWs lie. Its what they do. Then, they retell the lie over and over until, in their tiny little minds, it morphs into truth.

Attacks on John Kerry Discredited

snopes.com: John Kerry's Service Record

I really don't care.

Kerry is a hero???

"I even appreciate honorable service from a Lib"

That disgusting statement proves you're a liar.

Its true that RWs hate our military and our vets. RWs loved it when Drumpf attacked POWs.

RWs lie. Its what they do. Then, they retell the lie over and over until, in their tiny little minds, it morphs into truth.

Attacks on John Kerry Discredited

snopes.com: John Kerry's Service Record
Then why do I not question service from a Lib ( including Nuhuh)???

Hell, I don't even question JoeB's service, even though I question why he's not in Leavenworth if he passed classified information around like a Playboy in the barracks

I doubt Bernie's conscientious objector status will bother those who want to vote for him if he's the nominee.

Hell No one seemed concerned with Clintons war shenanigans and he got elected twice.

Forum List

Back