Bernie Sanders Says He Will “Look At” Tearing Down Existing U.S/Mexico Border Wall

Only because you are too big an idiot to learn. Never saw a wall or physical barrier I could not breach. You should have served. Then you would know instead of just being a conceited know-nothing mouth piece for your know-nothing party. Maybe that is what they will change their name to, after you guys completely ruin the Republican party, if you haven't totally ruined it already.
It's true that given unlimited time and unlimited resources that every wall can be breached. The question here is whether the people the border wall is designed to stop can breach it. We already have abundant empirical evidence that shows is can't be breached.

All you do is prove that your an imbecile and an open-borders douchebag who doesn't care about the facts.

JOgfD7M.jpg
Bull. I have seen videos of it being climbed, right now the wall is in more highly populated areas near crossing zones. Where it is out from populated areas it will pose little barrier if someone want to climb, breach or tunnel to come under. You are wasting MY tax dollars, without benefit.

Please explain: how is it that a wall or fence has worked everywhere in the world, but it can't work in the USA? After all, where newer walls exist, they work fine here too.
The leftwing definition of "not working" is when one person manages to cross even though before it was built, 500,000 people crossed.

That is how stupid these nutters are.
Your definition of successful is the number of people that go around or have to climb? No substitute for better regulation or meaningfully punishing employers for hiring illegals and you know it.
Look at the fucking graph, moron. What measure of "successful" do you believe it's using?

When you literally TEAR DOWN US BORDER WALLS......any argument you made claiming you do NOT support Open Borders....is just shot straight to hell.. There's no coming back from that one :p

A 70% reduction in border crossings is more than mouthing. Trump is taking action and coming up with plans. The only thing that's been holding him back are the Democrats in the House, and what they can't stop, their commie judges can.

Border crossings went way up and then went back to normal. That is not a reduction.

It's a hell of an improvement. Between threatening aid to Mexico and changing the application to apply for asylum, it's been a great success. Now we just have to wait for the results of 2019, and I'm sure we will see a nice improvement there as well.

Only because you are too big an idiot to learn. Never saw a wall or physical barrier I could not breach. You should have served. Then you would know instead of just being a conceited know-nothing mouth piece for your know-nothing party. Maybe that is what they will change their name to, after you guys completely ruin the Republican party, if you haven't totally ruined it already.
It's true that given unlimited time and unlimited resources that every wall can be breached. The question here is whether the people the border wall is designed to stop can breach it. We already have abundant empirical evidence that shows is can't be breached.

All you do is prove that your an imbecile and an open-borders douchebag who doesn't care about the facts.

JOgfD7M.jpg
Bull. I have seen videos of it being climbed, right now the wall is in more highly populated areas near crossing zones. Where it is out from populated areas it will pose little barrier if someone want to climb, breach or tunnel to come under. You are wasting MY tax dollars, without benefit.

Please explain: how is it that a wall or fence has worked everywhere in the world, but it can't work in the USA? After all, where newer walls exist, they work fine here too.
No they don't. Didn't you take classes on breaching obstruction?

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-already-have-a-border-wall-and-it-works/

Homeland Security secretary: Border walls work. Yuma sector proves it.

Where do Border Fences work? Everywhere
I admit to limited effectiveness in small areas. More effective would be attacking the employers, so there is no hope of under the table jobs, coupled with denial of benefits and deportation. I would be proud to have my tax dollar support that. It has not been tried by really injuring the white collar criminals supporting it, and could really be a money maker, in my opinion. You support paying for the wall and I get that, but you know where I am coming from. I do not think either party wants to solve the causative issue as much as fund raise on the food fight.

When you literally TEAR DOWN US BORDER WALLS......any argument you made claiming you do NOT support Open Borders....is just shot straight to hell.. There's no coming back from that one :p

It's highly unlikely that would happen, but it shows you where their minds are at.

First Bernie would have to become President. He'd have to have Democrat leadership in the House and Senate. Depending on the amount of overage, he would probably need 100% of his side voting for it. I find that pretty hard for him to get given the Democrats that are representing border areas that have experienced countless problems with these illegals.

Immigrants are not the problem. Those who hire them are.

And Trump is working on both problems.

No he isn't. He is only mouthing.

A 70% reduction in border crossings is more than mouthing. Trump is taking action and coming up with plans. The only thing that's been holding him back are the Democrats in the House, and what they can't stop, their commie judges can.

Border crossings went way up and then went back to normal. That is not a reduction.

It's a hell of an improvement. Between threatening aid to Mexico and changing the application to apply for asylum, it's been a great success. Now we just have to wait for the results of 2019, and I'm sure we will see a nice improvement there as well.

Asylum seekers are not those sneaking across for jobs.

JOgfD7M.jpg

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

I admit to limited effectiveness in small areas. More effective would be attacking the employers, so there is no hope of under the table jobs, coupled with denial of benefits and deportation. I would be proud to have my tax dollar support that. It has not been tried by really injuring the white collar criminals supporting it, and could really be a money maker, in my opinion. You support paying for the wall and I get that, but you know where I am coming from. I do not think either party wants to solve the causative issue as much as fund raise on the food fight.
That hasn't worked at all up to this point, so why should anyone believe it will work in the future? The wall, on the other hand, is 99% effective.

Your powers of judgement aren't very good.

Yes they are.

JOgfD7M.jpg

If we really wanted to stop the problem, we would make being here illegally a felony. It would carry a minimum of five years in prison for the first offense, and I stress the word minimum.

If we could pass such a bill today without challenges from the courts, we would give all illegals here until April 1st to be out of the country. After that, no excuses.

This would take care of our border problem because nobody would want to be caught here. It would take care of the 20 million already here. It would take care of our Visa overstay problems that account for more than half the illegals in the country. We wouldn't have to worry about employers hiring them because there would be so few around.

Adopt my plan, and I guarantee we would see at the minimum, a 90% reduction of illegals in the country, and I would guess that it would be closer to 98%. No wall needed.

Maybe not, but what asylum seekers did was get into the country legally to await their trial, and disappear never to be seen again. Most of them realize they don't qualify to get asylum in the US. But they came anyway hoping to have their application accepted for a court date. When their final court date came up, nowhere to be found.

Trump changed that. If you want to apply for asylum, fine. Make the application out at the US embassy in your own country. Also, Trump changed the rules that if you crossed a country to get here, and they offered you asylum and you refused, you are disqualified for US asylum.

Really did the trick.

Your build a better mousetrap and it will solve your problem is flawed in this case.
Wrong. You're opposed to the wall precisely because you know it will work.

Who do you think you're fooling?
You were fooled when you did not learn the lesson of walls from Russia, China or even Jericho. They fail to protect for a variety of reasons.
The Great Wall of China kept the Mongol hoards out of the country for hundreds of years, and they kept rebuilding and extending it for 1500 years.

It seems the Chinese believed they worked.

What is your evidence that the walls of Jericho didn't work, the Bible?
What is the most invaded country in history?
ad by TruthFinder

Have you ever googled yourself? Do a "deep search" instead.
This new search engine reveals so much more. Type in your name, wait 8 seconds, brace yourself.
Learn More

36 Answers

Kang-Lin Cheng
, studied at University of California, Irvine (2012)
Answered May 6, 2018 · Author has 782 answers and 5.4m answer views
The big country of China.

main-qimg-9a1142378b1958db1ddad3324a7d0b23

Now most people go around or fly over, but any wall can be breached. It is not a cost effective solution.
The Great Wall of China would obviously be too expensive to build today. The Israeli wall is much more economical, and it's 100% effective.

How is the quantity "most invaded" measured?
First came across this claim reading "Thunder Out of China" by Theodore H White and Annale Jakoby, in the prologue. Everybody under the sun has conquered and tried to impose outside rule there at one time or another, with and without the great wall.

Maybe not, but what asylum seekers did was get into the country legally to await their trial, and disappear never to be seen again. Most of them realize they don't qualify to get asylum in the US. But they came anyway hoping to have their application accepted for a court date. When their final court date came up, nowhere to be found.

Trump changed that. If you want to apply for asylum, fine. Make the application out at the US embassy in your own country. Also, Trump changed the rules that if you crossed a country to get here, and they offered you asylum and you refused, you are disqualified for US asylum.

Really did the trick.

What Trump does is temporary as he is not capable of doing anything permanent. Our laws allow someone to seek asylum after getting here.

That will remain the law as Trump can do little but write temporary EO's.

JOgfD7M.jpg

The leftwing definition of "not working" is when one person manages to cross even though before it was built, 500,000 people crossed.

That is how stupid these nutters are.
Your definition of successful is the number of people that go around or have to climb? No substitute for better regulation or meaningfully punishing employers for hiring illegals and you know it.
Look at the fucking graph, moron. What measure of "successful" do you believe it's using?
I do not believe Israel is secure and neither do you. I suspect they patrol with guns and shoot to repel as necessary. America does not have the stomach for that. We went so far as sending arm troops to the boarder when Trump declared emergency without individual ammo. I got sent to Memphis one time armed to the teeth. Our governor meant business. We don't on the border.

Really did the trick.

What Trump does is temporary as he is not capable of doing anything permanent. Our laws allow someone to seek asylum after getting here.

You are correct. That's why it's important to keep him as President. That will be one of the first things the Dems do if they get in that White House--reverse that EO.

That hasn't worked at all up to this point, so why should anyone believe it will work in the future? The wall, on the other hand, is 99% effective.

Your powers of judgement aren't very good.
My judgement has been proven just fine. Attacking the employers has not been actual policy by either party in power, not wanting to reap the wrath of financial supporters.

Denial of benefits and a free trip back to the boarder for support from their own country makes sense, but the left would fight tooth and nail. Since non-citizens cannot legally vote, I have never understood why. There has got to be something I am missing other than what the screaming right says about importing Democrats. I think both sides profit off of illegal immigration. We must attack the profit motivation.

If we really wanted to stop the problem, we would make being here illegally a felony. It would carry a minimum of five years in prison for the first offense, and I stress the word minimum.

If we could pass such a bill today without challenges from the courts, we would give all illegals here until April 1st to be out of the country. After that, no excuses.

This would take care of our border problem because nobody would want to be caught here. It would take care of the 20 million already here. It would take care of our Visa overstay problems that account for more than half the illegals in the country. We wouldn't have to worry about employers hiring them because there would be so few around.

Adopt my plan, and I guarantee we would see at the minimum, a 90% reduction of illegals in the country, and I would guess that it would be closer to 98%. No wall needed.
Couple that with attacking the employers of the illegal aliens and I would vote for you in a heartbeat.

Really did the trick.

You are correct. That's why it's important to keep him as President. That will be one of the first things the Dems do if they get in that White House--reverse that EO.

It's going to happen.

Really did the trick.
It helped and did not cost us 8 gazillian dollar$. Much more cost effective than the wall. I am against illegal immigration, I just don't support the effectiveness of the wall over not attacking attacking the draw card for political reasons.

Really did the trick.
It helped and did not cost us 8 gazillian dollar$. Much more cost effective than the wall. I am against illegal immigration, I just don't support the effectiveness of the wall over not attacking attacking the draw card for political reasons.

Well let me explain the problem and why the wall is the solution: Yes, we can put effective policies in place, but it won't have as good of a result as the wall. If Democrats get in charge of the country again, removing regulations and changing them back to their favor is less than a week process. Tearing down the wall however would be a huge process.

This is why the Democrats are so hell bent on stopping the wall; because it's not something that they can easily reverse.

Forum List

Back