Berger Scandal Is GOP Fault

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Having trouble following that? Taranto spells it out. There are so many links you have got to follow this link:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005397

Excerpt from Best of the Web:

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Gotta love it. I just hope people arent retarded enough to see that this is bullshit.

Worrying about a leak while highly classified files are stolen WREAKS of partisanship in the LMM. Yet they show the same picture of a guy with underwear on his head for 50 straight days. Go figure. Complain that Reagan is taking up too much coverage after 2 days. Right back to Abu Gharib for another full week. Such hypocracy is mind boggling.

3. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I don't even understand the whole comment about timing to begin with. Wouldn't it have been much better timing to leak this information while Berger was testifying before the 9/11 Commission?

The Commissioners knew about the investigation, and yet were able to offer Mr. Berger deferential treatment while simultaneously interrogating Dr. Rice, because Mr. Berger's crimes weren't widely known.

It seems to me leaking this when the 9/11 Commission was front page news would have been the most damning scenario possible.

Beyond that, wouldn't it be better to stall the leak of this information until we were closer to the election and Sen. Kerry had further cemented his relationship with Berger?

Why is the timing suspect now? Because it's so close to the convention? I don't get it.

Sounds like more nonsensesical piss being lapped out of the Democratic toilet by the liberal media dogs.

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Zhukov:

I don't think I've ever read a better summation of the relationship between the LMM and the Democrat party!

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Spinmeister Davis was tap dancing on Hannity this afternoon. While he did flatly deny that he himself had leaked the documents, he ducked and dodged questions regarding his accusations about the leak.

Davis is a cagey little worm. He never actually came out and accused Republicans of leaking the information, instead he couched his finger pointing in phrases like "Something stinks" and wondering aloud about the timing etc etc. But nooooooooo, he never accused the Republicans of leaking.

Right.

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I agree that this is just another way for the LMM to turn things around,and always make a it a republican's fault. Somebody get O'Reilly on this...too much spin. How in the Hell can they acutally feel legitimate when they are so obviosly trying to take attention off the Dems?!

7. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I hadn't really thought about that, but that really would have been worse timing, but you won't hear most of the media ever admitting that.