Bergdahl Was in Unit Known for Its Troubles

Smearing servicemen is wrong now? How long does this last Edge?

Isn't it a hoot how the liberals express utter surprise and puzzlement, and the idea that their usual tactics (smears, insults, groundless accusations etc.) might actually be WRONG???

Using that word, is like addressing them in a foreign language. The concept is alien to them.

Are you talking to me? because you're addressing someone...somewhere. Not sure who tho?

I'm asking Edge if smearing is wrong...I guess you agree with me that it is. Yet didnt address the person doing the "wrong".

I bet you're so blinded by outrage you missed it :doubt:

No one knows what happened except that he was held hostage by the Taliban.

His squadmates (you know, people who were actually there) know a lot more than that.

And they're talking.

BTW, none of them have accusing him of being anything more than being a deserter... something he himself admitted in writing. They DO say that the entire matter needs to be thoroughly investigated.

The left has avoided those people (the ones who were actually there) like the plague. No interviews by any leftist "journalist", no question, nothing. The only time they have mentioned them, is to call them "pyschopaths" and other such names. Even though they weren't the ones who walked away from their posts in the face of the enemy.

But keep up your hysterical smearing.

We need to see just how disingenuous the left is.

Never forget it.
According to the article the OP posted, his "squadmates" don't have any idea how Bergdahl came to disappear.

Slurs like Edge's In Effort To Save Their Cult Leader, Slimes Smears Army Unit is why the GOP loses elections to the Dems. Real Americans simply won't accept such crap as posted above.

His squadmates (you know, people who were actually there) know a lot more than that.

And they're talking.

BTW, none of them have accusing him of being anything more than being a deserter... something he himself admitted in writing. They DO say that the entire matter needs to be thoroughly investigated.

The left has avoided those people (the ones who were actually there) like the plague. No interviews by any leftist "journalist", no question, nothing. The only time they have mentioned them, is to call them "pyschopaths" and other such names. Even though they weren't the ones who walked away from their posts in the face of the enemy.

Never forget it.
According to the article the OP posted, his "squadmates" don't have any idea how Bergdahl came to disappear.

Too much trouble for you to Copy and Paste it, scumbag?

You are a typical dimocrap, a surgeon's dream. You have only two working parts -- Your mouth and your asshole. And they're interchangeable.

And they're talking.

Never forget it.

They are talking because people are wanting to give them attention.

Let's see what they TESTIFY under oath at Bergdahl's Article 32 Hearing, ok?
Well they are probably looking for book deals.
Have the liberals offered anything in this discussion, other than smears and namecalling?

How is it a smear to point out that they need to TESTIFY under oath at Bergdahl's Article 32 hearing? Don't you think that is the right thing to do?

It's a shame that NYTimes readers largely avoid Fox News.. Makes them more susceptible to this kind of spin and innuendo.. Had you TUNED into Fox anytime this weekend, you would have likely seen 6 members of Bergdahl's platoon discussing EXACTLY what happened (about the dissappearance and attempted recovery) and giving unaminous consent to the concept that he intentionally deserted.

NOW -- that doesn't tell us anything about the circumstances of his CAPTIVITY and that's the difference between desertion and traitor. But the NYTimes ought to STFU and do what IS KNOWN and less spinning and slandering..

READ IT ALL... Call BS when they are wrong.

And they're talking.

Never forget it.

Read my post above. The "article" is not concerned with anything but talking points..
I saw 6 members of Bergdahl's platoon sit for an interview and give UNANIMOUS consent on the details of his leaving and their efforts to locate him.. The NYTimes just chose to ignore the hard story.. That's WHY you should read it all and THEN decide..

Now that this has become a big deal, out comes all the dirty laundry. Enjoy.

I plan on forgetting this kid as soon as possible. Frankly I would have been perfectly fine never knowing of him in the first place. Cannon fodder should have numbers, not names and faces.

It's a shame that NYTimes readers largely avoid Fox News.. Makes them more susceptible to this kind of spin and innuendo.. Had you TUNED into Fox anytime this weekend, you would have likely seen 6 members of Bergdahl's platoon discussing EXACTLY what happened (about the dissappearance and attempted recovery) and giving unaminous consent to the concept that he intentionally deserted.

NOW -- that doesn't tell us anything about the circumstances of his CAPTIVITY and that's the difference between desertion and traitor. But the NYTimes ought to STFU and do what IS KNOWN and less spinning and slandering..

READ IT ALL... Call BS when they are wrong.

What do they know, they're just 'cannon fodder' who shouldn't have names but, instead, numbers.

Like me and you.

This scumbag motherfucker needs to be banned for all time.

I wish I knew who this coward is.

From your article:

Just how and why Sergeant Bergdahl disappeared remains a mystery to his fellow soldiers.

They say they do not remember his leaving behind any note or explanation. They said they were unaware that he had previously wandered off the base, as the internal Army review reported.

And they vehemently disputed reports that implied he had seen a vehicle from his unit run over an Afghan child, which Sergeant Bergdahl had apparently told his parents in an email before his disappearance. That never happened, his fellow soldiers said.

Mr. Sutton said the one time he remembered Sergeant Bergdahl talking about leaving, it seemed clear — at least then — that he was joking.

“He said, ‘What would it look like if I got lost in the mountains?’ ” Mr. Sutton recalled him saying. “ ‘Do you think I could make it to China or India on foot?’ I genuinely thought he was just kidding.”

How he slipped off the base is another matter of debate. The observation post was rectangular, shaped like a horseshoe, perhaps 150 yards long by 100 yards wide. One end backed up to a hill near where a contingent of Afghan National Police was staying and was not fully encircled with concertina razor wire; Sergeant Bergdahl had been increasingly spending time with the Afghan policemen, who helped provide security for the back of the outpost.

This is all as clear as mud. No one knows what happened except that he was held hostage by the Taliban.

And you shits, including John McCain and many loud mouthed Republican asswipes, have branded him a traitor.

No Ravi.. not really.. SOME have, before any trial or investigation..

Others of us just complain that Obama thwarted the law his administration said they would uphold.. and traded away 5 high ranking and dangerous terrorist leaders for a single soldier... a unilateral action against the way our government is set up to run.. THAT is what many people complain about

Any complaints against this soldier, I will wait until we know more

Forum List

Back